Home

MLB '10: The Show Official Team Ratings and Explanation

This is a discussion on MLB '10: The Show Official Team Ratings and Explanation within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-18-2010, 05:46 PM   #113
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: MLB '10: The Show Official Team Ratings

lol, the Braves have one of the best 1-4 in baseball, KK comes and goes, if they can scratch across 5 runs 4 out of 5 games, they have a good chance to win. As for the question marks, not really, McCan will put up his typical silver slugger type numbers, McClouth is so much better than people give him credit for, Glaus splits Chipper and McCann which means he wont get pitched around nearly as much. Even if Glaus doesnt have a huge year, his presence with greatly impact the atbats of chipper and McCann. Escobar is ranked the 3rd best shortstop in the National league by mlb.com! I usually try to keep my mouth shut about stuff like this, but do you really think that the Braves just fall off of the earth after winning 14 straight divisional titles? they havent forgotten how to win, just havent had the pieces, they have a lot of things together right now.
JD
Old 02-18-2010, 05:50 PM   #114
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by osori
As a sox fan, I think our batting is too high. We should probably be a bit higher than average in terms of run production this year, with Bay gone and Ortiz getting older. (Not sure how much Fenway would affect Beltre)

But I do think our pitching rating could be higher. We probably have the best rotation and pen assuming Dice-K and Delcarmen regains their health.
Lester
Beckett
Lackey
Dice-K
Wakefield

I think you could argue that the Sox's rotation is better than the the Yankees. Especially if Dice returns to his old form, which I doubt.

Bullpen is a different story though. The Yankees would have the better set-up/closer combo with Joba/Hughes and Mo. I rate the Redsox as 2nd or 3rd best bullpen in the mix with the Dodgers. But I can totally understand someone placing the Sox Yankees or Dodgers anywhere in 1,2, or 3 in terms of bullpen rankings
Old 02-18-2010, 05:50 PM   #115
LVP

BatsareBugs's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdr4693
How the HELL do the Mets have better pitching than the Nationals? Even Mets fans I know admit we atleast have a better rotation than them (from top to bottom) Lannan, Marquis, Wang, Zimmermann, Strasburg that beats Santana and the rest is junk IMO
Strasburg does not count because he did not pitch an inning last year. He will not be on the rosters when the game comes out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-18-2010, 05:55 PM   #116
Banned

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaNemesis
Really man really?

Too many armchair analysts out here. These threads always breed stuff like this. Especially when in retrospect it is virtually meaningless when you play the game.

FYI, a computer does the ratings from data they use from tons and tons of professional saber metrics systems over a 3 year span or so. Something I am sure you are not as fluent in judging by your demeanor.

Good Grief.

Then as a Sox fan you would know the offense production was actually upgraded, from the 4th best in runs scored last year with players they added.

Ortiz still produces 100 RBIs and almost 30 HRs with a "decline" and a slow start, I will take it. His average is a bit lower, but that all started since Joe Maddon started to get the league on the shift bandwagon. You will notice a lot of power hitters averages are down who deal with the same shift.

Have to stop focusing on Bay, they are better off without him, defensively, economically, and offensively. Saber Metrics systems will beg to differ from the run of the mill fan.

Very good. Thinking like that has made me change my view on the Giants pitching. I forgot about the 3 year thing. Great call. Also guys rating don't change the way your players play. I am sure if you have AP on your team you will be a very good batting team.
Old 02-18-2010, 05:58 PM   #117
MVP

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
Overall, Defense, Pitching, Batting

Yankees-1st, 6th, 1st, 1st
Red Sox--2nd, 1st, 3rd, 2nd
Phillies---3rd, 5th, 7th, 3rd
Dodgers--4th, 4th, 2nd, 10th
Rays------5th, 8th, 12th, 5th
Braves----6th, 22nd, 4th, 9th
Angels----7th, 16th, 10th, 7th
Rockies
---8th, 24th, 16th, 6th
Cubs------9th, 26th, 9th, 8th
Rangers--10th, 11th, 23rd, 4th
D’Backs---11th, 27th, 5th, 13th
Twins-----12th, 23rd, 11th, 11th
W.Sox----13th, 7th, 6th, 18th
Giants----14th, 21st, 13th, 16th
B.Jays----15th, 10th, 25th, 12th
Cardinals-16th, 13th, 15th, 20th
Mets------17th, 2nd, 22nd, 15th
Brewers--18th, 28th, 17th, 19th
Reds------19th, 19th, 21st, 17th
Orioles---20th, 12th, 29th, 14th
Mariners-21st, 3rd, 19th, 22nd
Astros----22nd, 9th, 24th, 24th
Athletics-23rd, 17th, 8th, 30th
Tigers----24th, 14th, 14th, 29th
Padres---25th, 30th, 18th, 26th
Marlins---26th, 29th, 30th, 21st
Royals----27th, 15th, 20th, 27th
Nationals-28th, 18th, 26th, 23rd
Pirates----29th, 20th, 27th, 25th
Indians---30th, 25th, 28th, 28th
Thank you Russell for posting this!
Old 02-18-2010, 06:08 PM   #118
MVP

OVR: 6

While it does seem the Braves are overrated, in my opinion the past season or so has been decided on our injuries and players having horrible years.

B-Mac spent half the season trying to decide which baseball to swing at and still put up "solid" numbers. We've added a ton of depth in the field this year which will help if anyone fails to meet expectations / gets hurt.

I think our rotation is amazingly solid this year with the only glaring weakness is Kawakami on his off days.

Not having a lefty in the rotation can be an issue but it's something the Braves will have to work around.

Hopefully our additions like Glaus, Melky, and Heyward can provide a few more runs in the box score that we definitely lacked last year.

Not expecting a ring or anything but I believe the Braves are making some decent strides to getting back to their previous form.
Old 02-18-2010, 06:10 PM   #119
Animal Liberation

EnigmaNemesis's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek2Jeter
Lester
Beckett
Lackey
Dice-K
Wakefield

I think you could argue that the Sox's rotation is better than the the Yankees. Especially if Dice returns to his old form, which I doubt.

Bullpen is a different story though. The Yankees would have the better set-up/closer combo with Joba/Hughes and Mo. I rate the Redsox as 2nd or 3rd best bullpen in the mix with the Dodgers. But I can totally understand someone placing the Sox Yankees or Dodgers anywhere in 1,2, or 3 in terms of bullpen rankings
I do not doubt Dice-K coming back strong, look what happened last year when he came back healthy from rehab. His numbers were phenomenal. Going 3-1 with an ERA of 2.22.

So being healthy he will be effective, same could be said about any top player.

I also think Buchholz will get the 5th spot. He looks strong and gained more weight up to 198lbs.

Sox still have a really high Bullpen with Okajima, Paps, Ramon Ramirez, and a healthy Delcarmen is very effective. Also you will probably see the flamethrower Bard as well for a 1-2-3 punch.

Last edited by EnigmaNemesis; 02-18-2010 at 06:30 PM.
Old 02-18-2010, 06:10 PM   #120
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek2Jeter
Uhh. After Felix and Lee, there is literally nobody in the rotation. Rowland Smith? Erik Bedard who can't pitch more than 10 innings?

And even worse, their bullpen is so weak. Aardsma is all they have, but they don't have a bridge to him so there really is no point in having a good closer.
You're severely underrating Ryan Rowland Smith.

And you keep harping on the thin bullpen. The bullpen was a strength of the club last year. Both Mark Lowe and Sean White pitched very effective set-up. Lowe in particular is regarded as a more than solid closer candidate himself.

They also went out and picked up another very good set-up pitcher from the Blue Jays in Brandon League.

This bullpen is not a weakness, and there's far more bridging to Aardsma than you credit.

The pitching may not be top 5, but it's certainly better than 19th in the league.

Perhaps you shouldn't be speaking so definitively about a club you apparently don't know much about.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »