Home

MLB '10: The Show OS Exclusive Screenshots (2-2-10)

This is a discussion on MLB '10: The Show OS Exclusive Screenshots (2-2-10) within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-02-2010, 10:41 PM   #209
Banned

OVR: 11
Re: MLB10 The Show Screen Shots OS Exclusive Batch 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
You guys like the stadium pan out shots? I'll take one of every stadium and see if I can get them approved. Maybe I'll post those next week.
I love you! (Stricly plutonic though. ) If you are EVER out by Foxwoods or Mohegan Sun, I owe you a few nights worth of drinks!
Old 02-02-2010, 10:42 PM   #210
MVP

jpup's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: MLB '10: The Show OS Exclusive Screenshots (2-2-10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottdau
Yeah I notice that it is the new hats that make the logo look bigger. Oh well, I like these hats better. The other hats look to gang bangers looking give the one with the bent bill and I am good go.
I was talking about the first picture of GABP that you posted.

Russell, any chance GABP will be fixed next year? I just wondered why nothing was added considering it was posted in the feedback thread several times and you even mentioned it. I'm not saying GABP looks bad in the game, but it's just not up to date. It seems Wrigley has nearly every minute detail every year, but some stadiums get very little attention. It won't affect me that much, but hopefully you guys can get to it next year.
Old 02-02-2010, 10:45 PM   #211
SCEA Community Manager

Russell_SCEA's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpup
I was talking about the first picture of GABP that you posted.

Russell, any chance GABP will be fixed next year? I just wondered why nothing was added considering it was posted in the feedback thread several times and you even mentioned it. I'm not saying GABP looks bad in the game, but it's just not up to date. It seems Wrigley has nearly every minute detail every year, but some stadiums get very little attention. It won't affect me that much, but hopefully you guys can get to it next year.

It's the nature of the beast we can't find everything and fix everything in one year. If it didn't get enough love in your opinion I'm sure next year will be different.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-02-2010, 10:49 PM   #212
MVP

jpup's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
It's the nature of the beast we can't find everything and fix everything in one year. If it didn't get enough love in your opinion I'm sure next year will be different.
I understand that, but what are the feedback forums for if not for pointing out things to be corrected. It was "found", but not "fixed." That's OK, but I was just pointing it out. I'll post all the changes about 40 times in the feedback thread this year so GABP can get "fixed" like Turner Field and the cow or whatever.
Old 02-02-2010, 10:52 PM   #213
MVP

CubFan23's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165

While I love all the graphical updates....I just cannot wait to get into a new franchise. They simply did a great job with this and the waiting is very difficult.
I keep trying to play some games in '09...but I just can't anymore.

M.K.
Knight165
That is how I feel word for word, I was cruising along in my second season then the info for 10 started coming out followed by the pics and it's like why bother with 09, don't get me wrong I absolutely love it, but the new Franchise stuff and graphics are insane!!

March 2nd....

“I knew when my career was over. In 1965 my baseball card came out with no picture".
- Bob Uecker
Old 02-02-2010, 10:54 PM   #214
SCEA Community Manager

Russell_SCEA's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpup
I understand that, but what are the feedback forums for if not for pointing out things to be corrected. It was "found", but not "fixed." That's OK, but I was just pointing it out. I'll post all the changes about 40 times in the feedback thread this year so GABP can get "fixed" like Turner Field and the cow or whatever.
How many stadiums are in the game? How many of those stadiums got upgrades this sure? I'm pretty sure that number is well over 75% secondly if something is posted in a feedback there is no guarantee its going to make it into the game none. For everything in those threads that sparked us to change, add or fix something there are hundreds of ideas and suggestions that fall by the wayside. Pointing things out about 40 times won't change anything we have limited time and limited resources we can't and will never be able to fix/upgrade/add/change/ every stadium every year.
Old 02-02-2010, 10:55 PM   #215
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
And I think that's what makes this series the greatest of all time. High Heat Baseball WAS the best baseball game that ever existed thanks to a similar philosophy from the devs and the community. We would ask about something, and get an honest response from the devs. In many cases, items we wanted just couldn't make it in because the funding for the series wasn't there. With MLB The Show, having Sony funding the development is a much "safer" thing.

Since I first started paying attention to this series back in Spring of 2008, I've noticed soooooooooooooo many things that people here have wanted to see introduced into the game, and if it didn't make it in the game that particular year, it eventually found its way in.

In NO way do I want the SCEA guys to take this as a jab at them, but the larger-than-typical number of bugs/glitches in 2009 was almost a godsend. Mostly because the SCEA guys have obviously spent a TON of time on this game to kill those bugs and make sure those things don't happen again. A lot of the items we see in this year's game are probably what SCEA wanted to be in last year's game, but didn't have the time to do. With a good deal of the coding started from last year, I can only assume that this year the bugs and glitches have been worked out.

You guys do a great job on this and I can only remotely understand that feeling you get when the game is released and the praise and adoration that is forthcoming. I can only guess that it's like when I release a database at the end of a clinical trial, and after the break-blind we see that those subjects not on placebo had a great end result meaning a successful drug.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-02-2010, 10:55 PM   #216
1B, OF

Perfect Zero's Arena

I'm glad to see the Ballpark in Arlington getting some love. I don't like the electronic ribbon or what I assume will be the electronic scoreboard in left, but the realism is key and y'all nailed it. Heck, even Green's hill is fixed in center. Good job guys.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »