Home

MLB '10: The Show OS Exclusive Screenshots (2-2-10)

This is a discussion on MLB '10: The Show OS Exclusive Screenshots (2-2-10) within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-04-2010, 11:00 AM   #289
GO BLUE

Hitman3315's Arena

OVR: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpup
I want to know why the style guide is so private and why SCEA would have to follow it if it were proven incorrect. I'm not saying that SCEA isn't being honest, but I just wonder why MLB would want them to put incorrect jerseys, hats, helmets, etc in the game. From MLB's part, it doesn't make sense. I would want the mistakes correct if I were them. I also wonder why it's always varied from one game to the next over the years. Back when we used to have several games, the jerseys would be different in all of them, sometimes. I'm sure they hold every game to the same standard, wouldn't they?

MLB does a lot of silly things sometimes.
It's private because it gives access to art files... MLB has to protect itself against counterfeiters (public art files would allow people to easily create counterfeit fan gear).

But a lot of it is correct. A lot of the errors in last year's game were correct on MLB's part, so it must've just been poor interpretation and integration into the game...
Old 02-04-2010, 11:01 AM   #290
MVP

jpup's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: MLB '10: The Show OS Exclusive Screenshots (2-2-10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitman3315
It's private because it gives access to art files... MLB has to protect itself against counterfeiters (public art files would allow people to easily create counterfeit fan gear).

But a lot of it is correct. A lot of the errors in last year's game were correct on MLB's part, so it must've just been poor interpretation and integration into the game...
Not saying that you are being dishonest, but how do you know this for sure?
Old 02-04-2010, 11:08 AM   #291
GO BLUE

Hitman3315's Arena

OVR: 13
not gonna get into specifics, but I have my ways ;-)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-04-2010, 11:09 AM   #292
Banned

OVR: 12
Re: MLB '10: The Show OS Exclusive Screenshots (2-2-10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitman3315
It's been correct on the MLB Style Guide the last two years: black/royal with road gray jersey, solid black with black jersey.

You're correct that SCEA has made a few mistakes as a result of the style guide (i.e. last year's Indians/Brewers throwbacks), but I think it's SCEA's fault a lot of the time.
Ugh...well that is disappointing to here. I saw one of the earlier images of '10 w/ David Wright at Yankee Stadium wearing the road grays...with the black helmet.

That's too bad they haven't fixed this year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »