Home

MLB '10: The Show OS Exclusive Screenshots (2-2-10)

This is a discussion on MLB '10: The Show OS Exclusive Screenshots (2-2-10) within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-02-2010, 09:30 PM   #193
MVP

OVR: 17
Re: MLB '10: The Show OS Exclusive Screenshots (2-2-10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
Here was a response in 08 by Chris on a similar situation at first base where the first baseman had his foot on the foul side of the bag.

"Well, there are a couple of things going on here...neither of which is really an "animation glitch."

The first is an issue with Z-buffer sorting...ie, the order in which elements get drawn to the screen. The way we "draw" the game to the screen, we always draw the players over the base, so that when they step on the base their foot does not disappear into the bag...which works for almost every situation.

Where it does not work so well is in a pic like the one of TB vs CLE, where it appears the 1st baseman's foot is behind the bag (on the foul side). From the angle of this shot it appears incorrect, but from another angle, it would appear correct.

The other issue is AI placement in combination with certain animations. While we do have a target where want the 1b to put his foot during a catch, some animations on some players (scaling can be a factor, as well) might not line up perfectly."
thanks nem.. sounds like its a complicated fix. no biggie
Old 02-02-2010, 09:31 PM   #194
MVP

TN - BRAVES FAN's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
No....more likely they just sprayed the infield in that pic.
You can tell by the ring that goes around the stands....
Here is one...much lighter...the infield is dry.

M.K.
Knight165
Googled it and you're right...I stand corrected. My minor league licensing thread now this...You're keeping me on my toes today Knight. Thanks

Last edited by TN - BRAVES FAN; 02-02-2010 at 09:33 PM.
Old 02-02-2010, 09:31 PM   #195
Banned

bigjake62505's Arena

OVR: 22

In all my years playing games I havenever seen a game that looks as good as this. These pictures are eye candy, cant wait to play this game. Oh yea my ps3 died. I have a ton of stuff on ebay trying to make enought to buy another one.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-02-2010, 09:33 PM   #196
Banned

OVR: 47

Quote:
Here was a response in 08 by Chris on a similar situation at first base where the first baseman had his foot on the foul side of the bag.

"Well, there are a couple of things going on here...neither of which is really an "animation glitch."

The first is an issue with Z-buffer sorting...ie, the order in which elements get drawn to the screen. The way we "draw" the game to the screen, we always draw the players over the base, so that when they step on the base their foot does not disappear into the bag...which works for almost every situation.

Where it does not work so well is in a pic like the one of TB vs CLE, where it appears the 1st baseman's foot is behind the bag (on the foul side). From the angle of this shot it appears incorrect, but from another angle, it would appear correct.

The other issue is AI placement in combination with certain animations. While we do have a target where want the 1b to put his foot during a catch, some animations on some players (scaling can be a factor, as well) might not line up perfectly."
Yep, that is it. Now it is all coming back. I remember being apart of this conversion.
Old 02-02-2010, 09:34 PM   #197
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjake62505
In all my years playing games I havenever seen a game that looks as good as this. These pictures are eye candy, cant wait to play this game. Oh yea my ps3 died. I have a ton of stuff on ebay trying to make enought to buy another one.

Wow...that's not good.
You need to make that cash....FAST!.....it's right around the corner!
Did you see Midnight Cowboy?....

M.K.
Knight165
Old 02-02-2010, 09:35 PM   #198
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
No....more likely they just sprayed the infield in that pic.
You can tell by the ring that goes around the stands....
Here is one...much lighter...the infield is dry.

M.K.
Knight165
Yep, that is what I was just going to say.
Old 02-02-2010, 09:36 PM   #199
RIP Ty My Buddy

nemesis04's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottdau
Yep, that is it. Now it is all coming back. I remember being apart of this conversion.
That was when you used to tout a different baseball avatar!
Old 02-02-2010, 09:42 PM   #200
Banned

Quote:
That was when you used to tout a different baseball avatar!
Yep, but I was all over this game on the PS2 first. In fact I and a very few (Pared) were on this game. Evey body else were on MVP nuts. When the 360 came out I had to go with other game, because of the graphics. I am still a graphic whore. So I had to go, but I came back in when I saw MLB The Show 08. But even on the PS2 the little things and the animation kept having me come back.

In fact you can blame Pared for me being here, because I google The MLB Sony sliders and Operation Sports popped up! So yes Pared you now can say Patent "Your Sorry" comment.

Last edited by Scottdau; 02-02-2010 at 09:45 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »