Home

Major League Baseball 2K10 Sizzle Trailer

This is a discussion on Major League Baseball 2K10 Sizzle Trailer within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-28-2010, 01:59 PM   #49
Rookie

The Living Legend's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Major League Baseball 2K10 Sizzle Trailer

Put me in the boat as well. I mean i dont trust 2k as far as i can throw them. Dont get me wrong its nice to see the Graphics and the new Stadiums so i dont mind the trailer, guess i am just impatient to see actual gameplay since i havent had played a baseball game for a long time.
Old 01-28-2010, 02:06 PM   #50
Rookie

RedLine's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedLine
Anyway, last year in 2K9 Petco looked ok but it had the wrong signage on the Western Metal Supply building in left field (it was Alan's supply or something).

It looks like they fixed that, but I can't tell for sure because it's so dark. However, I was also interested to see if they fixed the field dimensions this year because last year the right-center wall was still at 411 ft, and they have moved in the fences to 401 ft. So I ran the YouTube video at 720P and full-screen and I can see that they did not fix the fences--still 411
After looking more closely at the video, it appears they have not corrected the name on the Western Metal building. I don't know why there would an issue with the name. 2K8 had it right and the other game too. Maybe there's still time to correct these details. One can hope...
Old 01-28-2010, 02:27 PM   #51
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by liftheavy
Great trailer...however if you look at the scoreboard when the Mariners are playing the Twinss the mariners side is not correct...Ichiro #2, Bradley #5 Griffey #33 and playing first base if I recall. The Twins side looks good rom what I gathered...i hope this is fixed!
At second look, the only thing that's different on the Mariners lineup are their names. The numbers and positions are the same as the Twins lineup. Hopefully that bug will be fixed by the time it's gold.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-28-2010, 02:49 PM   #52
Rookie

OVR: 7

A sign of lighting. When the Orioles ballpark is shown, the lights are on, and the sky seems like it's just about ending its sunset. check it out!

(Follow me on Twitter!)
http://www.twitter.com/Jerm_Weiner[b]

-I run on Red Sox, Celtics, and Patriots.
-MLB 2K, NBA 2K, and Madden fan only.

Old 01-28-2010, 02:53 PM   #53
Banned

OVR: 38

Saw it in HD and the stadiums look Great ! but the players still cheese me off as parts look misproportioned , maybe its a depth perception thing kinda of like the overdone background blur.
I always loved 2ks in game music and the player movement and animations looked good at least on the trailer.
Cant wait for the demo as it will show us more .
Old 01-28-2010, 02:53 PM   #54
MVP

duke776's Arena

OVR: 28

I don't think the 1st baseman will ever stretch for a throw in this series. It's been like this for years, which IMO is pretty dissapointing. Another thing I hate to see still in there is that ugly homerun swing that Mark Texeira did. Ichiro still doesn't do his running swing(not sure any game has gotten this right since MVP though).

Overall, the animations look better, so do the graphics. Like others have said it's just a trailer, and it won't effect my decision, but I'm glad it's out because that will just mean more info sooner.
Old 01-28-2010, 03:06 PM   #55
MVP

Trevytrev11's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by duke776
I don't think the 1st baseman will ever stretch for a throw in this series. It's been like this for years, which IMO is pretty dissapointing.
It seems like the stretch is tied into the effort of the throw instead of the proximity of the runner. At least it used to be. If you didn't max out the throw and Juan Pierre was running and it was a close play the first baseman wouldn't stretch, but if you maxed out a throw to say Frank Thomas, who was 30 feet off the bag, you'd get a stretch.

The logic should be based soley on how close the runner is to first and whether or not it's going to be a close play. Then they need several animations so that the first baseman can stretch to balls in several different locations so we don't always see the same stretch animation.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-28-2010, 03:19 PM   #56
MVP

duke776's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevytrev11
It seems like the stretch is tied into the effort of the throw instead of the proximity of the runner. At least it used to be. If you didn't max out the throw and Juan Pierre was running and it was a close play the first baseman wouldn't stretch, but if you maxed out a throw to say Frank Thomas, who was 30 feet off the bag, you'd get a stretch.

The logic should be based soley on how close the runner is to first and whether or not it's going to be a close play. Then they need several animations so that the first baseman can stretch to balls in several different locations so we don't always see the same stretch animation.
Didn't know that. I agree with you the logic is flawed there.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »