Home

Major League Baseball 2K10 Developer Insight: Franchise Mode

This is a discussion on Major League Baseball 2K10 Developer Insight: Franchise Mode within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 01-28-2010, 07:06 AM   #81
Banned

OVR: 18
Re: Major League Baseball 2K10 Developer Insight: Franchise Mode

hear we go again with the hype just like last year and look how that turn out please 2k. All this ish features dont mean jack without a polish gameplay.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-28-2010, 09:17 AM   #82
Pro

OVR: 4

Was there anything said about accurate team budgets?
Old 01-28-2010, 09:33 AM   #83
MVP

OVR: 13

They talked about small market/big market teams and the likes of the Royals competing with the Yankees, so I assume budgets will be based on teams' real life spending habits.
Old 01-28-2010, 09:46 AM   #84
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by brendanrfoley
They talked about small market/big market teams and the likes of the Royals competing with the Yankees, so I assume budgets will be based on teams' real life spending habits.

Yeah that's what I was wondering about and then they never really expanded on that topic. That would be a huge plus if they could have teams act appropiately in their trades, FA signings, etc.
Old 01-28-2010, 12:04 PM   #85
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6

I'm curious to see how the compensation picks will work if they don't have arbitration in the game. You only get comp picks if you offer arbitration to a player, so without it, the free agency period and compensation could get messy if nearly every player you lose yields a draft pick
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-28-2010, 02:05 PM   #86
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyes the roof
I'm curious to see how the compensation picks will work if they don't have arbitration in the game. You only get comp picks if you offer arbitration to a player, so without it, the free agency period and compensation could get messy if nearly every player you lose yields a draft pick
I definitely don't know a lot about contracts, but in the game it seems you'd get a compensation pick if upon expiration of your player's contract you offer a new contract and they decline for another team. Then you'd get compensation. I guess I see that as different than any player you lose (ie don't offer a contract extension to). I might not be catching what you're saying though.
Old 01-28-2010, 02:15 PM   #87
MVP

Trevytrev11's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juiceman
I definitely don't know a lot about contracts, but in the game it seems you'd get a compensation pick if upon expiration of your player's contract you offer a new contract and they decline for another team. Then you'd get compensation. I guess I see that as different than any player you lose (ie don't offer a contract extension to). I might not be catching what you're saying though.
If this is the case, then it seems you could just offer a garbage contract to every player just to ensure compensation picks.

Hopefully they have something in place to protect both sides. If a team has no intention of resigning the player for whatever reason, they shouldn't get a free pick from a team that signs him.

Last edited by Trevytrev11; 01-28-2010 at 02:20 PM.
Old 01-28-2010, 02:18 PM   #88
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevytrev11
If this is the case, then it seems you could just offer a garbage contract to every player just to ensure compensation picks.
I can't see how doing that would be beneficial unless you're in it for the really long haul and don't care about having a sh*t team for a bunch of years comprised of washed up FA's and rookies not ready to play in the bigs yet.

maybe you would have to offer more than their expiring contract in order to get compensation picks. I don't know. Just don't know enough about contracts in general. If they have compensation picks in the game you'd hope they thought through the logic behind it. Im not too worried.

Last edited by Juiceman; 01-28-2010 at 02:20 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »