Home

MLB '10: The Show Fact Sheet

This is a discussion on MLB '10: The Show Fact Sheet within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-07-2010, 02:27 AM   #425
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: MLB '10: The Show Fact Sheet

Quote:
Originally Posted by cc23klaid
It's just after 1:00 in Miami...playing the waiting game, tapping F5 on gametrailers & OS (in case someone else found it), watching Sportscenter highlights, and needing to sleep for work tomorrow.... waiting, waiting....haha
Gametrailers is starting to upload CES cam footage so it may be coming up!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-07-2010, 06:29 AM   #426
Rookie

OVR: 7

GUYS! GO TO SLEEP!

your eyes need rest, go and wake up whenever and the video will magically appear online.

sucks for me because I have to go to school in about an hour and 30 minutes.
Old 01-07-2010, 09:01 AM   #427
4 straight Cy Young awds

Mad dog 31's Arena

OVR: 5

Haven't seen anything at gametrailers, but did find a 1-minute video clip of Braves vs Mets on YouTube...started another thread (show at CES), hope that was appropriate.

Can't wait to play this game!!
Old 01-07-2010, 09:04 AM   #428
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Stumpy
What would I like to see that would make me say OMG I want this game? How about let's start thinking outside the box a bit. I'd love to see an actual story mode in sports games..I'd like to see in road to the show mode, I'd love for after a game instead of text of what the manager said you well, you have numerous cut scenes with you and the manager having an actual conversation of your choosing? The ability to have relationships both positive and negative with fans, fellow players, How about when you negotiate your contract you can actually purchase stuff, like a house or a car or whatever. How about when you demand a trade and do get traded, the fans boo you or give you a standing O the next time you're in that stadium depending on what kind of personality you have. How about having interviews with the media, and perhaps have some controversy sorrounding that interview. What I want is to feel like I am actually IN the show. How about a mode where you try and become the first woman to play in the league?

I guess what I'm looking for from the Show is to be groundbreaking, because it has been in the past. We're getting to the point where the graphics and gameplay are going to hit a ceiling where they just can't be better. Then what?

I don't mean to knock the game, because it is amazing. It made me fall in love with baseball again. I just don't see anything that jumps out at me that makes this a "must have" on release day, and thats a first since I've made the switch to next gen..

Maybe I'll change my mind by the time spring training rolls around..but right now I have my doubts.
When a game plays darn near perfect in the aspect of what it's trying to mimic that screams must have for me. The only thing I'd like to have is more control fielding.
Again baseball has not changed in any dramatic ways over the years. The Show is a darn near perfect mirror of the sport.
And where do you get that graphics etc are going to reach a point of not getting any better? When the PS4,5 or whatever comes out and we compare I bet there will be a big jump.
Each generation thinks "No way this can get much better".
I was in awe when I got Intellivision football....
Anyways that's my .02

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 01-07-2010, 09:28 AM   #429
MVP

LastActionHero's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
How about a mode where you try and become the first woman to play in the league?
Seriously...?
Old 01-07-2010, 09:46 AM   #430
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Stumpy
What would I like to see that would make me say OMG I want this game? How about let's start thinking outside the box a bit. I'd love to see an actual story mode in sports games..I'd like to see in road to the show mode, I'd love for after a game instead of text of what the manager said you well, you have numerous cut scenes with you and the manager having an actual conversation of your choosing? The ability to have relationships both positive and negative with fans, fellow players, How about when you negotiate your contract you can actually purchase stuff, like a house or a car or whatever. How about when you demand a trade and do get traded, the fans boo you or give you a standing O the next time you're in that stadium depending on what kind of personality you have. How about having interviews with the media, and perhaps have some controversy sorrounding that interview. What I want is to feel like I am actually IN the show. How about a mode where you try and become the first woman to play in the league?

I guess what I'm looking for from the Show is to be groundbreaking, because it has been in the past. We're getting to the point where the graphics and gameplay are going to hit a ceiling where they just can't be better. Then what?

I don't mean to knock the game, because it is amazing. It made me fall in love with baseball again. I just don't see anything that jumps out at me that makes this a "must have" on release day, and thats a first since I've made the switch to next gen..

Maybe I'll change my mind by the time spring training rolls around..but right now I have my doubts.
So you want MLB The Sims?

I have to say, I'm shocked that a male is actually "disappointed" because he can't become the first woman to break into the big leagues. Or that he can't have "relationships" with fellow players. To be honest, that concerns me a little as well.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals

Last edited by countryboy; 01-07-2010 at 09:49 AM.
Old 01-07-2010, 10:32 AM   #431
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
So you want MLB The Sims?

I have to say, I'm shocked that a male is actually "disappointed" because he can't become the first woman to break into the big leagues. Or that he can't have "relationships" with fellow players. To be honest, that concerns me a little as well.

Agreed, I don't think any of us want a soap opera with our baseball, I want a realistic simulation of baseball. So improvements should be made in Franchise Mode, gameplay, etc.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-07-2010, 10:58 AM   #432
7 dirty words...

ryan36's Arena

OVR: 36

Adam, Country , I'm not so sure.... hear me out.

With all the time we're gonna spend playing The Show '10, if we could get nookie' WHILE playing The Show '10 , it could save you on average (for OS) 30-40 seconds a night, where you would usually be getting IRL nookie.

...IMHO.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »