Home

MLB '10: The Show Fact Sheet

This is a discussion on MLB '10: The Show Fact Sheet within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-08-2010, 11:32 AM   #457
Animal Liberation

EnigmaNemesis's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: MLB '10: The Show Fact Sheet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rwings832
I am a PS2 user for now, b/c for a new PS3 it just isn't in the budget right now...I know I am still an ancient "The Show" guy, but it still was a pretty good game. Now does the features, such as the RTTS, will that be in the PS2 version as well?

Probably not, since it has (PS3) after each one of the new features.
Old 01-08-2010, 07:13 PM   #458
Banned

OVR: 11

Is the game even being made for the PS2? I haven't seen any indication of it yet in the official information from SCEA.
Old 01-08-2010, 07:16 PM   #459
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdurg
Is the game even being made for the PS2? I haven't seen any indication of it yet in the official information from SCEA.
yes..

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 01-08-2010, 10:41 PM   #460
#Ace

Speedy's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dice
Here are a list of things I was hoping to see on the Fact Sheet but didn't. And maybe Sony just decided not to put it in the initial fact sheet and it might be there but I'll be somewhat disappointed if at least some of these features aren't there:
- Weather
And not just wind. I'm talking about rain outs and maybe snow outs if your in the northern part of the country. Weather plays a big part of baseball. When games get delayed for more than an hour, chances are the pitcher you had in before will likely not come back. So this will force you to get someone from your bullpen to carry the load. And in the case of when games are called, this can give teams advantages to give players an extra days rest and an opportunity to shuffle your rotation. High Heat had this feature and I'm still wondering why The Show hasn't implemented it yet? I just hope it'll be there when I purchase the game.
- Single A system
Here is another feature that High Heat had that The Show does not. I'm just wondering what is so hard to implement just an extra Minor League system? Most people here have be asking about this feature for some years. I can understand if this was a new game that just came out last year BUT it's been going on 5 years. They should have implemented this by now. And with the addition of a Single A system, maybe the draft can be more than 5 rounds, which was a little vanilla to me.
- 2-player manage mode only in franchise mode
This one is specifically for me. I got a friend who I play video games with all the time. He to is also a die hard The Show player. And just like me, he's strictly a manage mode only franchise player type. But unfortunately, we cannot play in the same franchise because the game will not allow us to play each other in manage mode only. Which is odd because you can play 2-player manage mode only in exhibition games but not in franchise mode.
- Playoff rotation
Someone in this thread had just mentioned this and I feel it's important to reiterate it again. In the playoffs, you rarely see 5th starters starting games unless someone in the rotation gets hurt. This should be simple to fix so I hope Sony already has that in the bag.
- Spring training fatigue and injuries carrying over to the regular season
Everybody who plays franchise mode knows that Spring training is like a separate mode all together. There are no injuries in Spring Training and fatigue does not carry over. It would be nice to have some incentive to play spring training games. Every year in baseball at the start of the regular season teams have to shuffle line-up and rotations because of injuries that happen in Spring Training. I know it's knit-picking but how realistic is it for every Major League team to have a healthy roster the first day of the season?

So before I close I want to say that I'm not bashing the game. So please don't put me in the same category as Apexisfree with his Madden rants OR ChrisSmooth with his NBA 2K rants. I don't wish for The Show team to be disbanded and hung in the gallows for not implementing these features. The Show is the best sports franchise on the video game market. Russell and the team needs to keep up the good work. But I will say this, I will be a little disappointed if none of these features are implemented. The Show 10 would probably not be a first day purchase for me. I'm still having a great time with The Show 09. I'll wait until Knight does his complete minors roster update then I'll buy it.
This is a great post; Russell & the devs had the site admins here create a sub-forum entirely for his crew to gather feedback about all parts of the game. I'm sure most of our ideas and concerns from last year will be addressed.
Old 01-09-2010, 09:28 AM   #461
Banned

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
I was re-reading the fact sheet and something struck me that I wanted to share. The reason, I believe, this franchise has taken off the way it has and has become the best damn baseball game to date is simply because these guys only add what is practical to the game of baseball.

Look at the fact sheet and whats been added. No lame gimmick features, no brand spanking new off the wall game mode, no major shakeups of any kind. Everything being added is practical to the game of baseball.

I applaud SCEA for that. Stick to the game of baseball. Stay true to the game and thats all that is needed. Whats the line from Field of Dreams....if you build it, he will come? Well SCEA has built it and here he(baseball fan) comes.

Thank you SCEA for understanding that fans of the game of baseball, want just that in a baseball video game......the game of baseball.
AMEN! Great post Countryboy!

This is how ALL sports games should be made. No gimmicks, just practical features that bring us closer to a true simulation of the sport.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-09-2010, 12:48 PM   #462
All Star

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorismary
Would also like more info on the Pitcher Confidence fine tuning I read at Pasta .
What exactly have you read about confidence? I believe pitcher confidence is one of the major downsides of the '09 game. If you don't get to a pitcher early he turns into Cy Young, and if Cy Young gives up a couple early runs he turns into Loretta Young.

I sincerely hope they have changed gameplay because the graphics are already great and since I use manager mode I would prefer a more realistic sim to more eye candy.
Old 01-09-2010, 11:46 PM   #463
Rookie

OVR: 2

While the stuff listed on the fact sheet sounds nice, the things that really irritate me are basic bugs and faulty GM AI which causes Road to the Show to be frustrating.

1) Rule 5 draft taking the 19 year old pitcher your team drafted in the 1st round the previous year. Basically, the rules of the Rule 5 draft are horribly wrong.

2) April comes around and your GM decides to send your 2nd best starting pitcher and several of your top relievers to AAA (or AA). Your left with a bunch of crappy players while the rest rot in the minors.

3) Your computer GM signs like 5 mediocre players but somehow ends up with major holes in the lineup. Guys with like 40 overall rating end up playing full time.

4) The starting rotation of your AAA team ends up almost as costly at the one for your MLB team with each starter making over 2 million in the freaking minors.

5) Your best defender ends up playing DH because the DH somehow got chosen to play the field. I think it takes the player with the highest overall and puts them in the field then the next highest plays DH.

6) Draft day comes along and your intrepid GM takes a relief pitcher with your 1st round pick again and again and again. On the Orioles, we drafted a reliever in the 1st round 3 straight years (and promptly lost them all to the Rule 5 draft in each of the following years)

These are only a tiny sample of the horrific GM AI that I've come to loathe. I love playing Road to the Show but the team that's being built around me is always terrible.

Last edited by Mekias; 01-09-2010 at 11:51 PM.
Old 01-10-2010, 01:03 AM   #464
NL MVP

Sportsforever's Arena

OVR: 23

Did a search of this thread and didn't see it posted, but has it been announced if we have one pitch/generated count mode this year? I really would love to see that for MOM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »