Home

MLB '10: The Show Fact Sheet

This is a discussion on MLB '10: The Show Fact Sheet within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-06-2010, 02:15 PM   #345
MVP

TN - BRAVES FAN's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: MLB '10: The Show Fact Sheet

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsleadtheway
I doubt they can change hats and faces like that. Although, I could be wrong. Not being able to change hats has precluded me from picking up any former Yankee free agents or make any trades for former Yankee players. I refuse to have someone on my team wearing a Yankee hat.
They wouldn't have to change hats in game...we could change the hat in a photoshop program on the computer and then upload that picture to our PS3, and then upload it to the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-06-2010, 02:18 PM   #346
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

A few things.
First....the faces of the minor league players(or any created player for that matter) were not generic...either in the lineup screen or on the scoreboard. They are the exact representation of the way the player looks in the game.

As far as the roster management...the game needs to have some sort of structure...one is the exact representation of the MLB(the MLB roster....being 25) the others follow suit for pretty much the same reason. It's a necessary "evil" in order for the CPU to function.
I'm not really sure what you mean by "not being able to see what needed to be filled" as they changed this for the better last year by having each position represented on the roster screen individually and showed the players and their levels on screen for each position.

I do agree that the rigid 25 man structure hindered off numbered trades(that's my thinking..not a "fact") and also with no level that wasn't playable(therefore needing that structure) it did hinder CPU management of certain positions(especially when injuries reared it's ugly head with no working 60 day DL).....Hopefully both of these things are remedied this year.

M.K.
Knight165
Old 01-06-2010, 02:25 PM   #347
MVP

TN - BRAVES FAN's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
A few things.
First....the faces of the minor league players(or any created player for that matter) were not generic...either in the lineup screen or on the scoreboard. They are the exact representation of the way the player looks in the game.
Knight, I downloaded your roster and the faces look real(great job by the way and thanks for the roster), but still the deafult rosters use real pictures whereas the minor leaguers don't have real mugshot photos. I meant generic as in they just show the created player face and not a real picture, and did not mean generic as in they don't look a thing like the real player...sorry for not clarifying.

Last edited by TN - BRAVES FAN; 01-06-2010 at 02:43 PM.
Old 01-06-2010, 02:51 PM   #348
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55
When starting an online Season league.. can you use custom rosters or save your league rosters seperately?
Reason I ask is I know the online stuff is only 1 year BUT after that year we could upload the saved rosters from the league when creating the next season league---invite all owners to new league and go from there.
Old 01-06-2010, 02:58 PM   #349
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
When starting an online Season league.. can you use custom rosters or save your league rosters seperately?
Reason I ask is I know the online stuff is only 1 year BUT after that year we could upload the saved rosters from the league when creating the next season league---invite all owners to new league and go from there.
great question and I'd like to know the answer to this as well.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 01-06-2010, 03:01 PM   #350
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by TN - BRAVES FAN
Knight, I downloaded your roster and the faces look real(great job by the way and thanks for the roster), but still the deafult rosters use real pictures whereas the minor leaguers don't have real mugshot photos. I meant generic as in they just show the created player face and not a real picture, and did not mean generic as in they don't look a thing like the real player...sorry for not clarifying.
Ahhh...okay.
I thought you meant you get face 1/2 or 3(as an example)
Gotcha.
(and thank you.)

M.K.
Knight165
Old 01-06-2010, 03:14 PM   #351
MVP

Shakedowncapo's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
That would be huge...you could basically run the league like a franchise(sans drafting, which isn't a big deal)

I hope they can fit this in if it isn't already.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-06-2010, 03:15 PM   #352
MVP

videobastard's Arena

OVR: 14

Wow... hopefully those words from the article wont just be selling points but be true representation of what the game will offer.

But im excited for the online season leagues, stats, and improved network online. When i read that and something to do with the throwing meter my brain just went numb.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »