Home

Not the Bottom of the Ninth, But a Big At-Bat Coming For MLB 2K10

This is a discussion on Not the Bottom of the Ninth, But a Big At-Bat Coming For MLB 2K10 within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-21-2009, 11:01 AM   #89
All Star

OVR: 21
Re: Not the Bottom of the Ninth, But a Big At-Bat Coming For MLB 2K10

Quote:
Originally Posted by brendanrfoley
Sure they are. Madden scores well in the press and sells millions of copies. Furthermore, the NFL gets a flat fee for the license; more sales will not generate more money for the league.

Baseball is in the same boat. The MLB gets X amount of money if 2K10 sells 100,000 copies, or 900,000.
Glad there are people that get it. I remember a few years ago some were floating the the idea that MLB was unhappy with MLB2K. Why should they care? They're not getting additional revenue from the game selling more or scoring better. Anymore than the NFL cares what Madden is/sells, and it has complete exclusivity (versus limited MLB exclusivity). It was just another way to bash MLB2K as a game.

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS
Old 12-21-2009, 12:29 PM   #90
MVP

Trevytrev11's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankdatazz22
Glad there are people that get it. I remember a few years ago some were floating the the idea that MLB was unhappy with MLB2K. Why should they care? They're not getting additional revenue from the game selling more or scoring better. Anymore than the NFL cares what Madden is/sells, and it has complete exclusivity (versus limited MLB exclusivity). It was just another way to bash MLB2K as a game.
I think they have to care and show concern when the number of copies being sold continues to decline.

It may not hurt their current cash flow, but it could very well impact their future once the license expires. If people get fed up with their once choice, they may just grow bored of the genre which isn't going to help them down the road when the deal expires.
Old 12-21-2009, 12:53 PM   #91
Animal Liberation

EnigmaNemesis's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevytrev11
I think they have to care and show concern when the number of copies being sold continues to decline.

It may not hurt their current cash flow, but it could very well impact their future once the license expires. If people get fed up with their once choice, they may just grow bored of the genre which isn't going to help them down the road when the deal expires.
Well said.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-22-2009, 03:11 PM   #92

OVR: 34

Quote:
True, but in the area of branding, you care if the only game on a very popular gaming system (360) is not welcomed positively by consumers. If I care anything about my product, I would not be settled with simply contracting some type of exclusivity. Like when MLB 2K6 came out for the 360, and the freezing issue occured, I think the MLB should be very concerned. And yes, even more so with Madden 06 on the 360. That was awful.
Old 12-23-2009, 03:20 PM   #93
Pro

OVR: 16

I am done with this title. I hope in a few years there is a new one for the 360. To little to late sorry.
Old 12-23-2009, 04:22 PM   #94
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by trick02
I am done with this title. I hope in a few years there is a new one for the 360. To little to late sorry.
Yeah, you are so done with this title you spend you time reading an internet forum about it.
Old 12-23-2009, 07:48 PM   #95
All Star

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDQ
True, but in the area of branding, you care if the only game on a very popular gaming system (360) is not welcomed positively by consumers. If I care anything about my product, I would not be settled with simply contracting some type of exclusivity. Like when MLB 2K6 came out for the 360, and the freezing issue occured, I think the MLB should be very concerned. And yes, even more so with Madden 06 on the 360. That was awful.
These entities are apparently selling out to the highest bidder. And in the end, it's not like the game is the horrible abomination that some fans try to paint the game as. Yes, MLB2K6 was horrible. So was Madden '06. So was NBA Live '07. AND Live '08. I think the first next gen FIFA was nothing to write home about. NASCAR next gen was a disappointment. This situation isn't unique to MLB2K as someone like Pastapadre might have people believe. Should MLB have been concerned? Yes. But so should every other league; it's not like this was a unique situation. At the very least, there is an alternative with the MLB issue. If baseball is truly that important to someone, there is at least a viable alternative, which is more than I can say about NFL/NCAA football.

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-24-2009, 12:03 AM   #96
I Drink Like A Champion!!

yankeesgiants's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
These entities are apparently selling out to the highest bidder. And in the end, it's not like the game is the horrible abomination that some fans try to paint the game as. Yes, MLB2K6 was horrible. So was Madden '06. So was NBA Live '07. AND Live '08. I think the first next gen FIFA was nothing to write home about. NASCAR next gen was a disappointment. This situation isn't unique to MLB2K as someone like Pastapadre might have people believe. Should MLB have been concerned? Yes. But so should every other league; it's not like this was a unique situation. At the very least, there is an alternative with the MLB issue. If baseball is truly that important to someone, there is at least a viable alternative, which is more than I can say about NFL/NCAA football.
How is it not a abination? They didnt release patches for the ps3 version of there games. In fact they have not supported the ps3 in 2 years. pastapadre has nothing to do with that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »