Home

MLB '10: The Show First Look (ESPN)

This is a discussion on MLB '10: The Show First Look (ESPN) within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-17-2009, 05:01 PM   #121
Banned

OVR: 11
Re: MLB '10: The Show First Look (ESPN)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim416
Why don't you PM them? You think we know? Or do you just want people to jump on the "why" bandwagon?

I do know how difficult it is to incorporate somethings into what they are working with. Russell already explained the long dreds, so if you really want to ask "why" you are asking the wrong people.
Good Idea, maybe I'll do just that! I just hope I don't get a nasty email back!!..lol Why didn't I think of that.

Of course you or anybody else don't know a thing about the game, why would you? I didn't ask you to tell me. You replyed to my comments. I typed what I thought of the ESPN on the new features of the game article, I didn't expect anyone to tell me why things were not in it. You thought wrong.

As for wanting people to jump on a "Why" bandwagon" What makes you say I'm trying to do that?...You assuming that I'm trying to start a negative disscussion here as to why they haven't implemented top features for the past four years?...no my man, I'm not trying to get people to side with me into "Bandwagoning" as to "why" features are not on a game on message boards. You got it all wrong. This was my only question I asked on here and some have replyed that I was insulting/ragging on the Dev. and I did no such thing. No one has to agree with me. That' ok, no need to feel that I need approvals from anyone here.

I'll move along from the disscusion here. Enjoy!

Thanks

peace!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-17-2009, 05:05 PM   #122
I Drink Like A Champion!!

yankeesgiants's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by kt-od
Astrodome
Astrodome is more expansion era then classic.

Expansion Era

RFK
Astrodome
Candlestick
Memorial
Metropolitan
Busch
Jack Murphy
RiverFront
Fulton County
Three Rivers
Exhibition
Veterans
Kingdome
Old 12-17-2009, 05:36 PM   #123
MVP

CubFan23's Arena

OVR: 23

Christmas came early this year!! I am still playing the hell out of 09, I can't wait for '10 to drop, these next 3+ months are going to draaaaaaaaaag along.

“I knew when my career was over. In 1965 my baseball card came out with no picture".
- Bob Uecker
Old 12-17-2009, 05:43 PM   #124
Pro

wrigleyville33's Arena

OVR: 16

Real time will wear off in a few weeks. No weather, no new commentators, no new appeal really. Doesn't seem that much has been done. Hoping there is better stuff to come.
Old 12-17-2009, 05:52 PM   #125
Banned

OVR: 47

I am sorry, but some of you guys make me laugh. Thanks I need to laugh. If the Show is not for you than move on. All the stuff they added is more than I thought they would do. People that want the stick to be used more, maybe someday, but I hope it is not now. I don't like that stick. I rather have the Show the way it is and let the other baseball game be for the guys that want to used the stick more.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-17-2009, 05:57 PM   #126
Rookie

OVR: 4

i thought the fact sheet was coming out today?? Also does anyone know if they added different color bats? like half tan half black....etc
Old 12-17-2009, 06:55 PM   #127
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
3. Not so fast

Ever since I used to play as the Cardinals in "RBI Baseball," I've been driving my friends crazy with the rate at which I steal bases in video games. My days are numbered now that "MLB 10" is introducing a new way for pitchers to pick off baserunners.

"Last year, it was really confusing to people if you were playing from the pitcher's view on how you were supposed to pick off runners," Cramm says. "To the eye, the buttons were the opposite of how they should have been, because [the] circle was always first base no matter what view you were in. So this year we made a really important change to where pickoffs are now performed using the shift. Hold it down and all the buttons will map according to the view you are in. That avoids a point of concern and confusion that to me was more like a bug last year.

"The next thing we added is the ability to choose different kinds of pickoffs. There are three different pickoff types: casual, where a guy steps off and throws over to the base. You have a quick move and you have a deceptive move. We also have the third-to-first move now, where a right-hander fakes the throw to third then looks back to first. The new button configuration allows us to add all of this. And what's great is these moves only work in the right situations. Like, you can't do a deceptive move if you're a right-hander and there's only a runner on first; those are only for lefties. But if you're a right-hander with runners on first and third, you can do a deceptive, and that's your fake throw to third, throw to first."

As for the button controls: tap for casual, double tap for the quick move, press and hold for deceptive. "For deceptive, the entire situation is going to look like a pitch," Cramm says. "The pitch meter is going to go and everything is going to stay in that camera until you make your move to the base. And the A.I. is going to do this to you, too. So as a base runner, now, you can't just take off on the first move. And this really makes things fun, especially in two-player games, because this adds a new level of cat and mouse as the pitcher tries to change his looks so that the runners aren't just taking off at will."
YES! YES! YES! YES! I was hoping the pickoff moves would be addressed and they have been. YES!

Another small change that will go a long way.

YES!

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 12-17-2009, 06:56 PM   #128
Rookie

lendog691's Arena

OVR: 9

ok great news for me but will they be real time injuries or fangasy injuries that way i can choose to put a guy on the the 15day dl call up or sign a fa and set the lineup accordingly? If i can do that then i will have sported a woody to.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »