Home

NBA Live 10 Patch Impressions (360, PS3)

This is a discussion on NBA Live 10 Patch Impressions (360, PS3) within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-05-2009, 04:05 PM   #993
Hall Of Fame

Flightwhite24's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: NBA Live 10 Patch Impressions (360, PS3)

What camera does everyone use on PS3? I have been using Baseline Low but I can't hardly see the shots by players as the ball touches the rim. On NCAA 10 there is a camera called Floor which is a behind view that shows the whole floor. Am I missing something or doing something wrong I've tried every camera view possible. When I had the 360 version I don't remember this being an issue.
Old 12-05-2009, 04:27 PM   #994
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chairman7w
MY post up game is great - the computers... (holds hand out and waffles it back n forth). Eeeannnnnhhhh...

The CPU posts up. But not enough. I wish the CPU would post MORE, especially with the Duncans, Boozers, etc. But it DOES post up, to say it doesn't is disengenuous. I would like to watch a real game and count how many times a Duncan posts up, then sim an NBA live game and count how many. Actually, I think I'll do that.

Something tells me the real players don't post up down there as much as we think. They do it, for sure, but not every trip.

Anyway, back on track - the CPU does post, and when it does, you'll see em do all the standard stuff. Some hooks, some normal shots, occassional fadeaways, every now and then hit a cutter.

Take a look at guy's DNA, and you'll see who posts up on a team. Watch the team play, and sure enough, that player will post up more than any of his teammates. (again though, it doesn't seem like the CPU does it enough).

When I post, I play it straight. I wait to see if a double's coming. If it does, I'll hit an open guy with icon passing for a J. If no double comes, I'll make a move, usually the up-and-under. Sometimes, I'll use OBC to dive someone to the hoop, and hit him cutting. It's harder for me to pull off (that's a lot of button presses!), but when I do, it's the most satisfying.

The post game could better, it's fair to say it's certainly not a strong suit of NBA Live 10, but it's far from a failure.
Yea I aggree with you completely in terms of real players not posting that much as we've taught that should be in the game. It's about how basketball plays out these days, maybe about 7-8 years ago, you could see guys like shaq having the ball downlow and using all his time on off to get a good post position then playing all the way to the rim but things have changed now, basketball plays much faster, and maybe you can see a guy posting for about only 2-3 seconds then he makes his move no longer they keep posting as it kills the game tempo so not seeing that much posting up is ok but having different variations with that little posting up could be the thing we would like to see, if you know what i mean.
Old 12-06-2009, 01:35 PM   #995
MVP

OVR: 10

I love the way the DNA is really kicking in, in earnest.

I played a Rewind game last night, Houston at Golden State and great jumpin Jabbar, the Warriors were flyin!! I got dizzy watching them! Jut flyin up n down the court, jackin' u threes, shooting with 15 on the shot clock...

I got smoked, Monta Ellis and Anthony Morrow lit me UP!!! (30+ for each of them)

Man, Houston has NO personalty! They are a TOUGH team to play with! I did have afurious comeback in the 4th qtr, scoring 42 with lots of 3s from Battier and Buddinger, but it wasn't enough.

I also played a Rewind game this morning, Phoenix at Cleveland, and I was Cleveland. Phoenix was on FIRE, and rolled me up! Nash was Nash like, with 15 assists and 25 points, Stoudamire was his unstoppable self, but it was Channing Frye who really ruined my day. He was HOT, scoring 17 with 10 rebs. Jason Richardson also went off.

By the way, I had a blast with the play "Williams Shake", where he gets out on the wing and someone comes and sets him a screen. I would take Wiliams off it and take it down the middle of the lane. I FINALLY got that runner shot down, and was able to get off the shot before Mo got in amongst the bigs, it worked like a charm.

If you don't know how to do the runner, just drive your guy down the lane and let go of the turbo, and let go of the left stick at the same time you hit square. It takes some practice, but it's a blast to do once you get it down pat.

Anyway, the Suns and Warriors were both running and gunning as they do, and the stars played like stars. The DNA thing seems to have really taken hold and I'm diggin' it big time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-07-2009, 11:22 PM   #996
Rookie

OVR: 12

Played as Sixers vs Nuggets (being in AUS it was early and Iverson wasn't there yet, he is now i believe.)

Played on Pro 8 min. Very enjoyable game. Had the early lead. Melo and Chauncey pulled it back in the third and got the lead. The forth was titanic with Iggy making some big plays to level the scores with time winding down.

But Melo was like "anything you can do, I can do better". When it mattered, he came to life in the forth. Absolutely broke my heart.

And finally, I'd leveled the scores with 2.5 on the clock. All I had to do was make the stop... I'm watching Melo, Billups and JR, they were pretty well covered... then some role player finds himself open at the top of the key... BANG. two points game over.

Iggy was good all game, just didn't get enough (any) scoring help.

Chauncey played well. Mello quietly went about his business. Kind of like he knew he was in control of the game but didn't need to yell and scream about it. There was always the feeling he could just take over. Which he did when the game was on the line.

It was just one of those kind of games that just leave you with a satisfied grin on your face, thinking 'that's why I love this game'.

Hopefully patch 2 will remove most of the "that's why I hate this game" experiences that a lot of people seem to be having.

Here's hoping.
Old 12-08-2009, 12:15 AM   #997
Hall Of Fame

Flightwhite24's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSKYWALKER1
What camera does everyone use on PS3? I have been using Baseline Low but I can't hardly see the shots by players as the ball touches the rim. On NCAA 10 there is a camera called Floor which is a behind view that shows the whole floor. Am I missing something or doing something wrong I've tried every camera view possible. When I had the 360 version I don't remember this being an issue.
Bump. Anyone???
Old 12-08-2009, 01:10 AM   #998
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

Baseline high.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »