Home

NBA 2K10 Patch Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K10 Patch Available, Post Impressions Here (360) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 11-08-2009, 01:29 PM   #553
Supreme

Streets's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: NBA 2K10 Patch Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

Well, I decided not to start over and to continue with my association. I had my first win post-patch!! 96-91.

Here were the key team stats:

Houston
41/80 FG (51%)
2/6 3PT (33%)
12/17 FT (70%)
20 AST
8 TO
4 FL
31 REB (4 OFF)
7 STL
6 BLK
48 Points in the Paint

Portland
39/85 FG (45%)
6/15 3PT (40%)
7/7 FT (100%)
26 AST
13 TO
12 FL
45 REB (11 OFF)
5 STL
4 BLK
52 Points in Paint

The CPU NEVER gets more points in the paint than me, but post patch they have gotten more than me every game (though I didn't check the first one). Half my points came in the paint and half of my FG's came off of assists. Both of those used to be MUCH higher.

A couple of other notes...

Post-patch I am finding it MUCH easier to get open shots and also to drive into the paint (though increased contact makes getting shots in the paint a lot harder even though I get there easier). This means I rely alot more on the midrange game (Brooks and McGrady especially) which is great!

Getting space from crossing over and from the pump fake is really easy. I think me learning how to make these shots is the difference between the first two games and now.

Another note... Yao Ming is MUCH more effective on defense post patch (Offense not so much... he was a 76% shooter in my pre-patch association and is currently shooting 52%). In my pre-patch Association he was averaging around 9 boards and 3 blocks, and he had a lot of games with 4-7 boards and no blocks. Through three games Yao is beasting (averaging) 15 rebounds and 5 blocks a game.

I always play as him on defense pre and post patch so that explains the increase in blocks (no more canned animations where the ball goes through my hand), but man he swallows up every board whether I play as him or not. Before, me playing as him lowered his rebounding numbers because I had terrible timing (now it seems I get everything). Also, the lower FG% across the board is probably the main culprit in his increased boards. More missed shots = more rebounds= more rebounds for the man who led my team in rebounding.

Great game post-patch now that I'm re-learning shooting.

Last edited by Streets; 11-08-2009 at 01:32 PM.
Old 11-08-2009, 01:32 PM   #554
Rookie

OVR: 3

It would be nice If another patch was released that 2k would include fixing the baseline glitch to prevent people from abusing it because once the animation starts its almost impossible to block that shot.

meLLyMel
Old 11-08-2009, 02:29 PM   #555
NBA 2K Gameplay Producer, Offensive AI System - SIM NATION

Da_Czar's Arena

OVR: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus
Since release, with the Celtics.
Cool Thanks Jesus hopefully a roster update will fix that up.
Catch me on that #SimNation #SimHangOut Friday's @ 10:00 pm est https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...N7yxMiElOpMl_B
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-08-2009, 02:32 PM   #556
MVP

RedmanR's Arena

OVR: 11

Great Post Rueben... I noticed most of those animations and issues almost immediately after downloading the patch and going online. Thought I do think the patch made the game better but I have to admit there still are some issues that need to be addressed here. I have nothing against the contact animations in the paint but I do have an issue with so many passes or a simple possession in the paint can result in an unexpected "air ball". I can see if it was a steal animation but nothing remotely close

I too... have found myself with an open lane to the basket with a defender trailing just to have an animation take me from the lay-up I'm shooting for to a mid-air pass over my teammates head out of bounds. This shouldn't be happening like this but I'm going to continue to play my game and work on my dealings with the weird animations and getting re-acquainted with my shooting release since it's obvious their not the same post patch.

I also noticed that since I changed my controller layout to alternate "A" while electing to do a simple crossover(B) my best ballhander will suddenly loose the ball out of thin air. Even while dribbling in place. How ironic!

Last edited by RedmanR; 11-08-2009 at 03:36 PM.
Old 11-08-2009, 02:35 PM   #557
Rookie

OVR: 4

You still cant play a league game without getting network errors. I dont get it, every year same thing. Great game but cant get over the network errors. This is my last 2k purchase and im an avid 2k fan.
Old 11-08-2009, 04:01 PM   #558
Banned

OVR: 26

I still don't see why I shouldn't expect them to at least consider dropping a 2nd patch. There's still a LOT of stuff that's broken
Old 11-08-2009, 04:16 PM   #559
Pro

OVR: 10

I've noticed that the 3 second call is non-existent when a player is dribbling in the paint. I was playing a ranked game and I swear my opponent was in the lane for 7 seconds waiting for the easy bucket.

I've tried to lob the ball in the post several times and everytime it sailed out of bounds. I'm just going to have to use icon passing from now on.
Old 11-08-2009, 04:26 PM   #560
Rookie

OVR: 3

Don't know if this has been mentioned cause this thread's too huge but is it just me, or are there alot less overhead passes? Not sure if I just haven't played the game in awhile or the patch toned them way down from before cause I they don't seem to stick out to me as much now. Placebo effect maybe? Or legit?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »