Home

NBA 2K10 Patch Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K10 Patch Available, Post Impressions Here (360) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 11-07-2009, 09:11 PM   #513
MVP

RedmanR's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: NBA 2K10 Patch Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teebone21
does ANYBODY play online here. All these vs CPU post and little to no ONLine experience post
I just got done playing a couple of online games and I'm still up in the air about my experience. I have to admit the defense seems better but the cheesyness is still there. Though the alley-oops are toned down guys are still trying to take advantage, their still trying to lead pass and still relying heavily on PIP to win as this will never change. I had the opportunity to finally play as the Cavs to go from burning up in the first half to ice cold the second half and couldn't over come this. I couldn't hit the side of my house with my car to save my life!

For some weird reason I kind of felt as if the spacing was somewhat off... it was like... to much bunching in the paint and at times the defense seemed confused. I don't know if it's me or the spacing needs to be worked on and I'm talking about in ranked/quick match. Gameplay was smooth but did hickup a couple times.

I can not comment on pick-up games. Every time I tried I git the server error screen but went straight to who's online and it was ok. Pick-up games are much better than playing ranked or quick match IMHO anyway.

Last edited by RedmanR; 11-07-2009 at 09:14 PM.
Old 11-07-2009, 10:21 PM   #514
Rookie

OVR: 9

Can anyone confirm whether the patch fixed online co-op Association where the game results actually save to the season instead of not counting at all?
Old 11-07-2009, 10:28 PM   #515
MVP

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubenDouglas
i posted about that as well. i was happy and truly excited after the first game.. second game and beyond its back to the old pre patched ways, or worse... ever since changing sliders just slightly, the game has downgraded considerably. I was wondering if sliders could be broken or some of my setting files/game slider files?
yeah this is veeeerrry fustrating. i want to like 2k but when the cpu resorts to shooting 60%+ the entire game and now my teammates are like the 4 strooges! as soon as someone drives to the hole, all 4 of them collapse leaving the their best shooter wiiide open for a 3...
I am glad I got the Buell- I love riding it, I love the oddball looks I get on the road- I love people asking "What IS that thing?" I love flying into a corner WAY too hot, scared spitless and sure I'll never hold it at this speed- and hearing the bike whisper "Sissy!"...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-07-2009, 10:33 PM   #516
Support Sim

BroMontana82's Arena

OVR: 52

time out. i love the improvements the patch made, but how come the auto-save glitch in association mode is still in the game? how do you turn it off?
Old 11-07-2009, 11:15 PM   #517
Rookie

OVR: 5

ok, i need help is the defense much improved overall and also how about the headband issues. Do team have approaite colors now like white headbands at home???

2. Do i have to start over my assocation for the patch to work or no???
Old 11-07-2009, 11:28 PM   #518
MVP

RedmanR's Arena

OVR: 11

No offense to anyone but... I think we should look beyond the headband deal for a moment because it's really not a game breaker IMHO. There have been so many other apects of this game improved to focus on headbands... we talking about headbands... still
Old 11-07-2009, 11:47 PM   #519
Rookie

OVR: 3

I've attempted to keep it mum's but the hell with this game.

Played for the 2nd day:

- I've got players skipping around the court if I get them trapped up in the corner, whereas when I get trapped and pass out, the ball is deflected and bounced off my player who is always seems to be out of bounds.

- while the scroll through for subs on the fly flows 10x better, I still don't get all the substitution requests and always have to do a second request after the original is input

- issues at the free throw line forcing a timeout

- spotlights are continuing to stay on after timeouts, it lags the entire gameplay. I have to burn timeouts to attempt to get bound this.

- I appreciate the actual box out working and allowing for true rebounds to take place instead of the opposition just flying over me as if I weren't there.

- the defense AI has gotten better, I'm not having to scatter around through players to reform the defensive rotations. People are staying put for the most part at least rotating out with a sense of urgency.

- what really miffs me is now I can't take a jumper at the top of the free throw line corners, anything inside the paint with anyone near me FORCES an animation of contact as if I'm attempting some form of post move. I'm 15ft from the basket! Just let the CPU block the shot then, but don't FORCE me into contact, it's a foul. And yes, I am upset and frustrated having to re-learn shooting, especially with the way running plays seems to work. It's like going from the headache of gameplay during the release, adjusting to that gameplay, then, after patch re-going through it all again. I wasn't expecting shooting to completely change like this and it's simply not worth it for me. You gave it a shot when other games perhaps would not have, and I appreciate that and thank you for at least trying.

Ciao.

Last edited by INVALID; 11-07-2009 at 11:49 PM.
Old 11-07-2009, 11:55 PM   #520
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by chibulls12
I don't know if I'm just imagining things, but I think the passing animations have gotten better. While I still see overhead passes, I think they've been toned down, and when I'm swinging the ball around the perimeter I see alot of those crisp chest passes instead of the awkward overhead that seems to slow ball movement.
Not your imagination.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »