Home

NBA Live 10 Title Update Details

This is a discussion on NBA Live 10 Title Update Details within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 10-27-2009, 04:07 PM   #49
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: NBA LIVE 10 Title Update Details

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
The gameplay fixes seem great. Going to have to find time to play the game tonight and check them out. The late game AI hopefully will be tuned to my liking. The other things mentioned sound great...

BUT

Why would get rid of the user's ability to mistakenly pass it to someone in the backcourt? That doesn't make sense... if the player screws up, let them screw up.

Just a minor gripe. I hate that the player is hand-held in this way.
Same exact thing I was thinking when I saw this. I mean if a player is out of bounds. You shouldn;t pass it to him.
Old 10-27-2009, 05:15 PM   #50
MVP

OVR: 8
Re: NBA LIVE 10 Title Update Details

- Improvements to reception logic, specifically square up catches

I'm noticing some issues with this when I'm playing online.

Say I have Jason Terry in the corner, I drive and draw his man with Kidd and freestyle pass to him, instead of staying put for an open 3 he takes a couple steps in towards the defense when receiving the ball.

It happens all over the court, I'll try to hit my shooters on the perimeter but they'll take a few steps in while receiving the ball. Shooters need to STAY PUT!

I love how they square up...but it's useless when they've cut into the defenders that I just free'd them up from.

I think the issue may be that this is a canned "take a couple steps while squaring up" animation. If you could remove those steps depending on the situation it would be nice.

It happens on fast breaks too when you want to hit a guy on the wing for a pull up 3. Before the patch this worked great, guys would step right into a 3 from the elbow extended. Now they take a bunch of steps in for a mid range shot, usually much closer to where the transition D is.

Hope this can be fixed, the perimeter game was amazing before and is still great, but these small annoyances are hurting the experience.
Old 10-28-2009, 02:13 PM   #51
Strategy

OVR: 36
Can you guys believe 2K's response to Live's Patch.?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-28-2009, 02:20 PM   #52
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65
Re: NBA Live 10 Title Update Details

There is a thread for that int he bball (other) forum. That wont be a discussion in here.
Old 10-29-2009, 11:08 AM   #53
Rookie

OVR: 12

Im glad that ea put out a patch to fix some things but what still bothers me is the way players still watch the ball roll past them off a missed rebound or loose ball.

I like the way bigs don't lose the ball in the paint right after they get a rebound but my gripe w/ the bigs is why don't they finish strong after a rebound or receive a pass in the paint. They always do a layup high off the glass. Even w/ dwight 90% of the time he do a layup but irl 90% of the time he dunks.

One other thing i would like to see is some "dunk on animations". I like the fact that you cant just run to the hole and dunk all day but sometimes when you blow by your man you should be able to dunk on someone if the help d rotates to late or you have someone like lebron with that explosive leaping ability. Not all the time but sometimes. That would add so much excitement to the game. Trust me.

Just my little complaints but nothing major.
Old 10-29-2009, 12:37 PM   #54
Rookie

Guyamir11's Arena

OVR: 1

what about the auto sub situation?they didnt fix it????
Old 10-30-2009, 06:25 PM   #55
Rookie

OVR: 20

I agree with EHH in thinking that the fast breaks arent that bad. I've never understood the whole fast break is terrible argument. I see good spacing, PF or Centers filling the lane, guards going to the 3 point line. It all seems to work pretty good, or at least thats what I see. I'm getting 14-16ppg on the fast break.....I dont know what the average is in an NBA game, but in my 10 minute quarter game it seems to be pretty good. Just my thoughts on it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-31-2009, 07:50 PM   #56
MVP

jsquigg's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by moemoe24
I agree with EHH in thinking that the fast breaks arent that bad. I've never understood the whole fast break is terrible argument. I see good spacing, PF or Centers filling the lane, guards going to the 3 point line. It all seems to work pretty good, or at least thats what I see. I'm getting 14-16ppg on the fast break.....I dont know what the average is in an NBA game, but in my 10 minute quarter game it seems to be pretty good. Just my thoughts on it.
I'm seeing what you're seeing, so the good news is you don't have to be crazy alone...

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »