Home

NBA Live 10 Title Update Details

This is a discussion on NBA Live 10 Title Update Details within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 11-02-2009, 06:53 PM   #65
Banned

OVR: 5
Re: NBA Live 10 Title Update Details

Quote:
Originally Posted by iminurbase
yes
Hey Brother, can you explain to me why for online games the automatic subs is always on ? Even if i put it on manual or auto subbing , the computer AI of my team always subs for me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-02-2009, 07:21 PM   #66
*S *dd*ct

NINJAK2's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Lots of people agree with you man... some people just want to run run run like the other game but that truly aint realistic
I disagree 23. People don't want to do it all game long they just want to be able to do it more when the opportunity suits it. Live can be better in this regard. Period. Believe it or not some teams actually do like to get out and push it and not just chill in half court sets all day. Half court game in Live is really excellent though regarding executing the offense.
EA and 2k have the unfortunate task of trying to balance on a tightrope of fun and sim while trying not to fall 10,000 feet to their death. Instead of a safety net waiting down below there will just be angry customers quick to move out of the way and talk of their failure.

Last edited by NINJAK2; 11-02-2009 at 07:31 PM. Reason: changed wording
Old 11-02-2009, 09:01 PM   #67
Rookie

brs2305's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Lots of people agree with you man... some people just want to run run run like the other game but that truly aint realistic

Its just preference though Jsky. could be better but it doesnt suck
I personally don't get this issue about the FB's at all. I think they are fine. I get 3 on 1s and 2 on 1s on a good basis. It totally depends on the match-up of course. Sometimes you don't get any, sometimes you get quiet a few.

I might agree with people saying that the AI players on your team could use better ways to extend the FB, but using off ball movement gives you total control about your FB.
Also the opponents Ai doen't execute FB very well most of the time, but everything concerning your team's FB very solid IMO.
Old 11-02-2009, 10:03 PM   #68
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by NINJAK2
I disagree 23. People don't want to do it all game long they just want to be able to do it more when the opportunity suits it. Live can be better in this regard. Period. Believe it or not some teams actually do like to get out and push it and not just chill in half court sets all day. Half court game in Live is really excellent though regarding executing the offense.

I dont disagree with you Ninja that teams like to push it, just not all the time.

Looking at these games I just dont see it man, not right now at least that its just an automatic fast break fest, but NBA Live could be alot better. Im currently working with someone now in playmakers thread trying to figure out if its possible through tweaks.

That said, if this is all guys are looking for then I dont know what to say.
Im all for a good balance though, but they definitely happen in this game
Old 11-02-2009, 10:15 PM   #69
Rookie

OVR: 2

was anything fixed for the wolves coaching problem? Is Rambis now the coach?
Old 11-04-2009, 06:47 PM   #70
Banned

Court_vision's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by brs2305
I personally don't get this issue about the FB's at all. I think they are fine. I get 3 on 1s and 2 on 1s on a good basis. It totally depends on the match-up of course. Sometimes you don't get any, sometimes you get quiet a few.

I might agree with people saying that the AI players on your team could use better ways to extend the FB, but using off ball movement gives you total control about your FB.
Also the opponents Ai doen't execute FB very well most of the time, but everything concerning your team's FB very solid IMO.

To clarify...and I've said this a dozen times now.

There is nothing wrong with the USER fasbtraks. You can push the tempo, run the break all day. Nothing is wrong. I can score 20+ FB points a game if I want to run.

The issue is the CPU...the CPU AI rarely push the ball, almost always neglect the open court in favour of setting up a play.

So...the user has an enormous advantage.

I almost feel like it's time for seperate impression threads. One for fellas playing v the CPU.

And one for online or v friends.

Because the issues etc are pretty much completely seperate. The FBs are fine for the user. They are very poor by the CPU.
Old 11-04-2009, 09:55 PM   #71
NBA LIVE Producer

iminurbase's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterfan48
was anything fixed for the wolves coaching problem? Is Rambis now the coach?
No, we can't patch that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-04-2009, 10:29 PM   #72
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by NINJAK2
I disagree 23. People don't want to do it all game long they just want to be able to do it more when the opportunity suits it. Live can be better in this regard. Period. Believe it or not some teams actually do like to get out and push it and not just chill in half court sets all day. Half court game in Live is really excellent though
This.

Theres so much more to basketball then smooth offensive sets and jumpers man...The half court game is just that....HALF of the sport....I realize this may be hard to replicate without it being abused in video games....but I cant blame anyone who want to see the more atheletic side of the game...its a part of bball....its a apart of the "sim" experience..

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »