Home

NBA Live 10 Title Update Details

This is a discussion on NBA Live 10 Title Update Details within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 11-05-2009, 03:41 AM   #73
bls
MVP

bls's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: NBA Live 10 Title Update Details

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
This.

Theres so much more to basketball then smooth offensive sets and jumpers man...The half court game is just that....HALF of the sport....I realize this may be hard to replicate without it being abused in video games....but I cant blame anyone who want to see the more atheletic side of the game...its a part of bball....its a apart of the "sim" experience..
I think 2k does a great job of this, not my cup of tea though, I'll pass. Half court basketball is where it's at mixed in with a little uptempo break here and there.
Old 11-05-2009, 01:49 PM   #74
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Court_vision
To clarify...and I've said this a dozen times now.

There is nothing wrong with the USER fasbtraks. You can push the tempo, run the break all day. Nothing is wrong. I can score 20+ FB points a game if I want to run.

The issue is the CPU...the CPU AI rarely push the ball, almost always neglect the open court in favour of setting up a play.

So...the user has an enormous advantage.

I almost feel like it's time for seperate impression threads. One for fellas playing v the CPU.

And one for online or v friends.

Because the issues etc are pretty much completely seperate. The FBs are fine for the user. They are very poor by the CPU.
Quote:
This.

Theres so much more to basketball then smooth offensive sets and jumpers man...The half court game is just that....HALF of the sport....I realize this may be hard to replicate without it being abused in video games....but I cant blame anyone who want to see the more atheletic side of the game...its a part of bball....its a apart of the "sim" experience..
They fixed this in the patch, check the impressions thread, I posted four videos from one game of the CPU Thunder pushing the ball and running fast breaks against me. Default All-Star as well.

I wonder if the issue was in the "recognize fastbreak opportunity" attribute, I tried globally editing it pre-patch up to 99 for everyone and nothing happened. Maybe they corrected or activated that attribute in the patch. Either way, whatever they did it worked.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet

Last edited by ehh; 11-05-2009 at 02:20 PM.
Old 11-05-2009, 02:16 PM   #75
Livin' the dream

Stumbleweed's Arena

OVR: 39

Yeah the Pacers were running the hell out of my Nuggets in the DS game I played last night, chucking up jumpers early in the clock and attacking the basket pretty relentlessly. Granger was nailing everything and I was about to lose badly but had to leave and turned it off... They AI definitely pushes the ball now... haven't played and really slow teams to see if they still use their sets, but I've noticed a big change post-patch.

That game was on Pro default BTW.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-06-2009, 10:02 PM   #76
Banned

OVR: 14

Quote:
This.

Have you checked out the instructional vids at easportsworld.com? The new video on alley-oops really help to perform them properly. A key thing is pairing. An athletic guy like Amare is going to throw it down whenever Nash decides to lop it to him. Also the sizeup moves are key at getting to the basket on isolations. I would post videos on the dunks that you can do if i knew how.
Old 11-07-2009, 05:39 PM   #77
Rookie

OVR: 1

oops wrong thread

Last edited by SamuraiSwoosh; 11-07-2009 at 09:45 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »