Home

NBA 2K10 Review

This is a discussion on NBA 2K10 Review within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-06-2009, 02:22 AM   #25
Banned

Court_vision's Arena

OVR: 25
Excellent review. Glad positives like rebounding finally get mentioned in a review.

Re jump shots under the rim...those have been in this series for a while now, not just 10.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2009, 02:23 AM   #26
Pro

OVR: 10
Re: NBA 2K10 Review

Cool Review. 8.5 keeps it consistent with other sites and the write confirms only thing 2k has over the competition now is Presentation and Animations. The talk about A.I. got pounded.
Old 10-06-2009, 02:27 AM   #27
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingfan84
I played the demo a handful of times. I really enjoyed how this years game felt. Just needs a few tweaks and it'll be golden.
I didn't bother playing the demo because Jskywalker had already told me how the Final version plays ahead of time.

Now granted this is only my 2nd year playing 2K basketball so i'm still getting use to the controls. But since every thing is new and fresh to me and I don't see the issues the same way some guys that have played 2K for years might see them.

I've played about 6 games and IMO after reading this review I'd say the game is very close to how he rated it and that's without any tweaks.

I started messing with some sliders after about my 3rd game and to me this game is pretty damn sick with correct sliders. I absolutely love the animations and how the players just seem to be themselves on the floor. I was very impressed with some of the things I've seen from the CPU players in this game. I've never seen any CPU AI in a basketball game perform and behave the way I'm seeing the AI in 2K10 handle their business on the floor.

Some people might hate the AI throwing alley oop's but to me I can't think of any other game where I've seen it executed so realistic during actual gameplay. Now maybe it's because I'm new to just about everything 2K has to offer in this game but man i feel like i'm in hoops heaven when i play the CPU right now.

If i had one knock against the review I'd rate it higher in terms of annoucing because Harlan and Kellog do a wonderful job and that was just based on my exhibition games without getting into a season mode yet.

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Old 10-06-2009, 03:04 AM   #28
MVP

Artman22's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
I didn't bother playing the demo because Jskywalker had already told me how the Final version plays ahead of time.

Now granted this is only my 2nd year playing 2K basketball so i'm still getting use to the controls. But since every thing is new and fresh to me and I don't see the issues the same way some guys that have played 2K for years might see them.

I've played about 6 games and IMO after reading this review I'd say the game is very close to how he rated it and that's without any tweaks.

I started messing with some sliders after about my 3rd game and to me this game is pretty damn sick with correct sliders. I absolutely love the animations and how the players just seem to be themselves on the floor. I was very impressed with some of the things I've seen from the CPU players in this game. I've never seen any CPU AI in a basketball game perform and behave the way I'm seeing the AI in 2K10 handle their business on the floor.

Some people might hate the AI throwing alley oop's but to me I can't think of any other game where I've seen it executed so realistic during actual gameplay. Now maybe it's because I'm new to just about everything 2K has to offer in this game but man i feel like i'm in hoops heaven when i play the CPU right now.

If i had one knock against the review I'd rate it higher in terms of annoucing because Harlan and Kellog do a wonderful job and that was just based on my exhibition games without getting into a season mode yet.
you're right. IMO I would give this game an 8.8 or even 9 to be honest. It's a good game.
Old 10-06-2009, 04:09 AM   #29
Banned

Court_vision's Arena

OVR: 25

The problem with scores is that they are a natural point of comparison.

They are also a historical reference...and I'm pretty sure NBA 2K9 got a 9/10 rating.

That's unfortunate as there's just no way in hell that 2K10 is not better than 2K9.

Madden 10 getting a 9 and NBA 2K9's review both will kind of go down as Op Spots "things that make you go hmmmmmmm" moments.
Old 10-06-2009, 04:11 AM   #30
Banned

OVR: 11

I simmed a rating for Madden 10. It came up as a 4, but that's because of a bug in displaying ratings. It's actually a 7. Hopefully I can address the simmed ratings bug in the first title update. If not, it will be fixed for the Madden 2011 review.
Old 10-06-2009, 04:17 AM   #31
Banned

OVR: 7

I give the review a 6/10, missing to comment on key aditions and some problems, instead focussing on "easy targets". Not impressed here. IŽm sorry, but the negative mentioned are much less obvious than anything in 2K9, yet the rating goes down ?

About the playcalling : Watch an NBA game, thereŽs much less actual playcalling than youŽd think other than "quick plays" and running the Pick & Roll. This isnŽt the NFL.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2009, 04:56 AM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoman
About the playcalling : Watch an NBA game, thereŽs much less actual playcalling than youŽd think other than "quick plays" and running the Pick & Roll. This isnŽt the NFL.
true man, but every team has like at least 4 offensive sets where there are like 4 or 5 different options. and sometimes you got some hog on the team that deviates from the offence and goes "yeah i want a pick and roll so i can score ". so yeah there probably is a substancial amount of playcalling involved.

but really, instead of these new position specific plays they introduced, id rather that the plays that you DO choose to be run through much more smoothly and faster like a real game instead of waiting like a douche with the pg at the 3pt line for like 12 seconds and then having to go 1 on 1 anyway cos the shot clock is going down.

-- Charlie Harper

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »