Home

NBA 2K10 Review

This is a discussion on NBA 2K10 Review within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-07-2009, 04:08 PM   #105
Staff Writer

OVR: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by FadeEmAll
Please note that standards change each year. If the game was a 9 last year and they re-release the same game with updated rosters, that doesn't mean the game will get another 9. In fact the game would actually decrease to 7.5 or 8 due to lack of innovation. The fact that this game gets 8.5 should not be related to last year's 9.0 in any way.

Well they make a thread about the review for people to discuss it. If a score doesn't matter then they should just review the game and give no score at all, but they don't.
that's the logic behind the review - great observation man. TD rated it based on NOW, and what the game presents to us in 2009.

You can't give it a 9.5 simply because it's better than 2k9. That would be inflation in ratings like you all are agueing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2009, 04:28 PM   #106
Rookie

OVR: 4
Man I absolutely love this game! If I can just learn how to do the post moves the CPU did in the draft combine, I couldn't ask for much more!
Old 10-07-2009, 04:41 PM   #107
Rookie

Also for those saying the dribbling system isn't responsive probably haven't takin the the time to get comfortable with the controls. When handling the ball, you have to actually execute a move like you would in real life. You can't crossover into a defender that's plaing the the cross, you will be bumped out of the move to protect the ball. It's the most authentic system I have seen to date, compared to it's real world counterpart. I really need help with my post game though!
Old 10-08-2009, 12:02 AM   #108
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

Why no mention of framerate though seriously? For me validating this as a great review just can't happen without mentioning the framerate. The framerate issue definetly has to do with what team u play as and there stadium and the camera you choose to use. Unfortunatly I'm a raptors fan who likes to play with the 2k camera option. Air Canada center on broadcast came lags bad enough it should have been at least mentioned. 2k cam and when playing there in my player mode it's virtualy unplayable. Agree with everything in the review I just tottaly and completely don't understand how framerate issues were left out.
Old 10-08-2009, 10:31 AM   #109
Rookie

OVR: 6
no franchise mode wht is going on ya'll in the 2k 10
Old 10-08-2009, 12:40 PM   #110
Rookie

Well I must regress, I finally had the game by myself, no buddies. I mainly play online and that is when I ran into the ugly monster otherwise known as the 2k server. It's ridiculous, games constantly dropped by the server. I bought the game for the online experience and this is what we get. It's frustrating! But, offline I love it. I don't like playing the computer, I don't know what I gonna do. Oh well.
Old 10-08-2009, 02:06 PM   #111
Rookie

OVR: 2
Yea fellas the game is different from last year's game but it makes you play basketball. We all know that 2k has some server issues but it will get better. The iso is difficult but take it as a challenge and learn it. I agree with the previous posts about the 2k cam issues. Thats the game's signature cam but it is the broken.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2009, 05:03 PM   #112
Banned

22cowboys22's Arena

OVR: 8
nba live gets 8 and the players dont even have their realistic shots or free throw routines.refs stay at the ends of both courts the whole time in live thats not how it is in the real nba but it gets an 8 PLEASSSSEEEE.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »