Home

NBA 2K10 Review

This is a discussion on NBA 2K10 Review within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-06-2009, 08:52 AM   #41
MVP

blues rocker's Arena

OVR: 14
Sorry, but this rating is too high. It should get about and 8.0 to 8.2. 2k's player movement is still clunky and sluggish, the CPU teams don't play closely enough to their real life counterparts, and the defensive AI is pretty weak.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2009, 09:24 AM   #42
Against The Crowd!

Eddie1967's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: NBA 2K10 Review

Nice review. I would give it a 9 because my expectations have been exceeded in a major way, but still an excellent game of basketball nonetheless.
Old 10-06-2009, 09:31 AM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by blues rocker
Sorry, but this rating is too high. It should get about and 8.0 to 8.2. 2k's player movement is still clunky and sluggish, the CPU teams don't play closely enough to their real life counterparts, and the defensive AI is pretty weak.
You said it, it feels robotic. Live may look cartoony but simulates the real thing pretty well. The passing in 2k need help also.
Old 10-06-2009, 09:42 AM   #44
Banned

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamgt
Madden 10 gets a 9 and NBA 2K10 & NHL 10 gets a 8.5, I'll be the first to say you guys have no clue about ratings
Amen. What a joke.
Old 10-06-2009, 09:54 AM   #45
Rookie

OVR: 1
Am I going crazy or what, this game is not playable. What are you guys talking about? The isomotion is just terrible, thats plain and simple. The dribbling is a joke in this game, the passing game is ********. The game is a dunk fest!! I mean, seriously. I have been playing 2k since 2007 but this year I tried the live demo and I was very impressed by how fluid the controls were. I am going with LIve this year. No doubt about it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2009, 09:59 AM   #46
Banned

OVR: 26

It's obvious this site gives a "home team push" to the developers who post here often. Madden '10 getting a 8.9 or 9 was an atrocity and example of what to expect. This game gets an 8.5 so I'm willing to bet Live's rating will be inflated.

Please note I am not bashing anyone or anything just noting certain elements to take into account when reviewing ratings on this site.

Also note quotes like this one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo79
Am I going crazy or what, this game is not playable. What are you guys talking about? The isomotion is just terrible, thats plain and simple. The dribbling is a joke in this game, the passing game is ********. The game is a dunk fest!! I mean, seriously. I have been playing 2k since 2007 but this year I tried the live demo and I was very impressed by how fluid the controls were. I am going with LIve this year. No doubt about it.
Show the posters obvious bias and can't be relied on for any real information. See how the poster states his previous love for one game to validate his bashing of said game. Anyone should be able to see this person has an agenda. I'm not perfect and am guilty of things like this myself at times. I thought Live last year was absolute garbage, but this year the game has made great strides and I can see a real competition developing. I'm still rocking with 2K until the end (or Gamespot rates Live better).

Final Thoughts = There are lots of things to be discovered at OS if you are good at filtering through all the bias and b.s.

Last edited by FadeEmAll; 10-06-2009 at 10:06 AM.
Old 10-06-2009, 10:52 AM   #47
All Star

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamgt
Madden 10 gets a 9 and NBA 2K10 & NHL 10 gets a 8.5, I'll be the first to say you guys have no clue about ratings
Gonna have to third that unfortunately. I can't even bring myself to take OS reviews seriously anymore mainly because there's seems to be no consistency to the way these games are being judged. There's no way in hell Madden is a better football game than either 2K10 or Live are basketball games. I get that different people are reviewing the games and the scores are all subjective, but it's also too easy an excuse and has gone on too long. I stopped taking IGN/Gamespot/TeamXbox/etc. sports game reviews seriously a long time ago for the same reason; may as well add OS to the list. Tired of seeing sports games judged by constantly differing standards. At least it seems the general public is tired of it too, and aren't giving the reviews the weight they should have.

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS
Old 10-06-2009, 11:26 AM   #48
Rookie

OVR: 16
Am I the only one who thinks the game is to slow.

I'm still pushing the button and waiting for my man to react or hopefully get out of some animation.

I found that when I boost the speed up to 55-60 it plays much better.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »