Home

NBA 2K10 Q&A: Retail Copy in Hand

This is a discussion on NBA 2K10 Q&A: Retail Copy in Hand within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare
Closed Thread

Old 09-28-2009, 12:19 PM   #945
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: NBA 2K10 Q&A: Retail Copy in Hand

pared and mo..

long time lurker here.. first off - let me say that no amount of thanks does justice to the time/effort you guys are putting in while trying to share with us what the upcoming hoops game season looks like.. but for what its worth - thanks a ton guys!

now, to my q: maybe i'm not quite framing the thoughts in my head right.. but i've been reading everything you guys have ben putting out - along with the stuff on 2k10 from other sites, and i've been looking at the gameplay videos that have hit the web in recent time.. and i catch myself sayin - hmm, 2k9.5 maybe ?

Given the hours you guys have put into the game so far - is this truly a successor of 2k9 ? or do you guys feel this is a smaller iteration of the 2k series as we know it over the past 2-3 years ? I see sliding/uncontrolled animation, i see scoring in the paint (albeit toned down..), i hear some new lines in commentary but a lot of old, i see inbounding steals.. i'm sure this is more me being hesitant and once the demo hits, a lot will become clearer... but as far as gameplay goes this 'weight' and 'feel' that you guys talk about - is 2k10 that far ahead of 2k9 in the core aspect of gameplay ?

maybe i'm just expecting too much - but if i decided to pass of 2k10 and stick with the 2k7s-2k9s of past - will i be missing much ? (ok yeah, my player mode merits purchase in itself - but if the gameplay has the same issues, is it so different ?)

Apologies for the huge post, but i had to put this out there and hope you guys understand my question - i think i let eloquence get the better of me.

Thanks guys.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2009, 12:40 PM   #946
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
YES! It's not a still graphic, just like Live's set up.

There is still no ability to choose to wear and away jersey while at home, also.

I don't recall seeing the "El Heat" jersey, but we definitely know they are in. I hope it's not an association only thing.

If you missed it, the Red Heat alt. jersey is just SICK. Best jersey in the game I've seen so far. The entire thing has this sheen, reflection look to it... such a beautiful thing to see. The Cav's yellow and burgundy is also a gorgeous jersey.
How the hell is that not fixed yet? 2K has added some good things this year but the simple things that could easily be fixed are still being neglected! very dissapointing
Old 09-28-2009, 12:45 PM   #947
Pro

OVR: 10

Pared, I know it's the cpu doing alleys, but since LT + A serves as both the lob pass and the alley-oop, could that be the reason why there are so many alley-oop attempts. Instead of attempting a lob pass, the cpu is essentially triggering an alley-oop by accident. I've always thought those two functions should be seperate anyways.
Old 09-28-2009, 01:05 PM   #948
Rookie

OVR: 0
Im new here I wanted to know if the best player on each team is unstoppable like in 2K9??
How is the create-a-team this year??
& are there any new legends & throwback jerseys in the game??
Old 09-28-2009, 01:23 PM   #949
Hall Of Fame

RubenDouglas's Arena

OVR: 28

im glad a few people got it early. money is tight and I just may wait it out after all im hearing. We shall see what this week brings about. still 8 days to decide.

just wanted to thank pared and others with the game. i got tired of reading questions and answers, i cant imagine trying to read, then do the answering... A lot of work right there.

RE: CPU guarding the paint. im seeing it now in almost every video that is coming out on youtube. im not sure whats going on. It's not looking too great though
Old 09-28-2009, 01:33 PM   #950
All Star

LionsFanNJ's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
You don't know how much that angers me...
Old 09-28-2009, 01:50 PM   #951
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionsFanNJ
You don't know how much that angers me...
I agree... There is no way that 2k can put that out and be satisfied. It looks so horrific, it's almost as if this is from a beta version and they've just forgotten to add in more members of the crowd or other courtside things... It looks half complete.

Really disappointed with this shoddy job if this is actually what it's gonna look like in the final version.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2009, 02:06 PM   #952
Greatest caddie ever!

youvalss's Arena

OVR: 42

That "Temporary Coach Mode" sounds great! Is it automatic, or you have an option to turn it on?

ZX Spectrum
CPU: Z80 @ 3.5 MHz
GPU: Monochrome display
RAM: 48 KB
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »