Home

NBA Live 10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

This is a discussion on NBA Live 10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360) within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-27-2009, 11:33 PM   #1473
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: NBA Live 10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

I'll tell ya though, this is a huge jump from one year to the next. Glad I gave the demo another shot, because I'm finding it really fun this time around.
Old 09-28-2009, 12:56 AM   #1474
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

Awfully fun. I'll note just one of the small things I thought was cool - the adjustable atmospheres. I think the options were "exibition", "playoffs", and "finals". That option's been a long time coming in a basketball game.

I like that the rims appear to breakaway on two hand, hanging power dunks the way they should (2k's do not feel as if they go down far enough). The problem I get (most noticeable in the hangar because that's the only place I've been able to do those dunks at length) is that those rims do not snap back as quick as they should. It sounds so petty, I know, but it's just one of those strange things that catches my attention everytime it happens.

I love those blue mid-90's Orlando retros.

All in all pretty solid. Swooping into the lane for a one-hand tomahawk feels delicious. Which reminds me, is there a way to influence what type of dunk a player pulls off (reverse, 360, power)?
Old 09-28-2009, 01:02 AM   #1475
PDX

RipCity71252's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
Awfully fun. I'll note just one of the small things I thought was cool - the adjustable atmospheres. I think the options were "exibition", "playoffs", and "finals". That option's been a long time coming in a basketball game.

I like that the rims appear to breakaway on two hand, hanging power dunks the way they should (2k's do not feel as if they go down far enough). The problem I get (most noticeable in the hangar because that's the only place I've been able to do those dunks at length) is that those rims do not snap back as quick as they should. It sounds so petty, I know, but it's just one of those strange things that catches my attention everytime it happens.

I love those blue mid-90's Orlando retros.

All in all pretty solid. Swooping into the lane for a one-hand tomahawk feels delicious. Which reminds me, is there a way to influence what type of dunk a player pulls off (reverse, 360, power)?
You can't control the type of dunk you do, all contextual and momentum based.

Here's the blog from EA on controls.
http://www.easports.com/blogs/nbaliv...ng-on-the-demo
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2009, 01:40 AM   #1476
Pro

NDIrish98's Arena

OVR: 9

k, so i just played the demo again, got the ball down low with fisher, goes for the layup, dhoward comes up and and swats the ball into the backboard HARD, i mean, it just slams the backboard and goes to foul line or farther. had to say, i was like "wtf, that's awesome".
Old 09-28-2009, 09:59 AM   #1477
MVP

blues rocker's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcain80
Gave the demo another chance, and it's starting to grow on me for sure. One problem is that way too many crazy shots go in. I can brick an open jumper on one possession and then nail an off handed, heavily contested leaner on the next. And I honestly think the graphics are well behind 2k, and that bother me quite a bit. The poor lighting, the shading on the players, the darkened crowds....I just can't get used to it.
The darkened crowd is actually MORE realistic because that is how the Lakers arena is lit in real life. Live's graphics are better than 2k in pretty much every respect, so I don't know what you're talking about. I think you are just used to 2k's graphics and aren't used to Live's more realistic lighting. Live's colors also are more vibrant and more accurate (in the 2k vids I've seen, 2k's color is really muted and dulled down for some reason - all the players in 2k have dull, almost grey skin, like they're zombies or something).

The only thing that bothers me about Live's graphics is that the anatomy and proportions of their player models are not quite right (the player arms are especially awkward - oddly shaped forearms and deltoid muscles...also many players have arms that are too bulky. On many players their heads are also too small for their body).

Last edited by blues rocker; 09-28-2009 at 10:08 AM.
Old 09-28-2009, 11:02 AM   #1478
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by RipCity71252
You can't control the type of dunk you do, all contextual and momentum based.

Here's the blog from EA on controls.
http://www.easports.com/blogs/nbaliv...ng-on-the-demo
Thank you. It's fun to control but on the other hand, the contextual feel seems to be on point in the demo and it kind of provides an element of surprise. Like I said before, it's fun on this game to just get to the hole and rise up on someone. Very satisfying.
Old 09-28-2009, 01:23 PM   #1479
Pro

TerryP's Arena

OVR: 10

Has anyone else noticed some slow down on the PS3 demo? I've played both and have never noticed any in the 360 version.
Old 09-28-2009, 02:20 PM   #1480
MVP

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryP
Has anyone else noticed some slow down on the PS3 demo? I've played both and have never noticed any in the 360 version.
Yea and also the controls don't seem as tight. Seem like ps3 verison of any game is not as good as 360. Which sucks because i trust my ps3 alot more than the 360

PSN Brandon26ms

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »