Home

NBA Live 10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

This is a discussion on NBA Live 10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360) within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-25-2009, 07:13 PM   #1457
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: NBA Live 10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

Quote:
Originally Posted by darrenp1518
Actually there are help defense ratings and close out defense ratings for individual players!!

The problem seems to be that ea sports doesnt rate the players properly in these areas lol.

They give themselves the tools but dont finish the job off completely, but at least they do have it in so u can change it yourself.
I'm pretty sure they removed those defensive ratings this year.

There is a defensive slider in the game but it only applies to thew CPU team this year

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Old 09-26-2009, 06:34 AM   #1458
Pro

carnalnirvana's Arena

OVR: 21

they stripped the game of ALMOST EVERY defensive rating lets take a look at what is gone:

shot alter
interception
double team ability
tenacity
charge
pass lane effectivness
help side effectivness
close out effectivness
hedging the screen
fight through the screen
defensive post footwork

and there are more from other categories, now no one is saying this game is going to be a fast break dunk fest because there are gone, but the chance to have players hade a distinct identity on defensive will be missing.

i am sorry i dont trust the dev team to get everyone right IF WE WANT TO APPLY THE LOGIC THAT THE RATINGS ARE THERE BUT HIDDEN...

I MAY NOT MISS the offensive ones because there seems dna in a few new areas so lets hope......

#18 greatest EVA....
Old 09-26-2009, 11:26 AM   #1459
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
I think what most of you guys are missing is the two different types of defense.

TEAM DEFENSE
INDIVIDUAL DEFENSE

The only defense that I see improved is INDIVIDUAL DEFENSE....

I think a lot of guys have clearly stated the TEAM DEFENSE by the HUMAN CONTROLLED PLAYERS IS BAD. They don't react or do much of anything unless you control them all game.

Now ask yourself when your playing ball in the gym and you defending your man don't you expect the other 4 guys to give an effort on the floor?

Well in Live 10 the resason why you keep seeing so many different people post about defense is because most of them as they stated are playing defense individualy but their brain dead AI teammates are screwing up most of the time.

I mean lets be real here there is NO DNA FOR DEFENDERS in this game. There is only truly one defensive rating in the entire game and that applys to the guy defending the ball 1 on 1

It's called ON BALL DEFENSE

There is no Help Defense rating for anyone so when your not controlling Ron Artest or Kobe Bryant guess what their defense is no better than Rashard Lewis or Vince Carter on their own.

Why should we have to control Ron Artest just to see him help out or shut down someone on on his own.....

IF Ron Artest is on your team and you assign him to Vince Carter shouldn't expect Ron Artest to play the same way he'd play if you were controlling him?

Well he doesn't and I've seen M.Pietrus have his way with Artest on many occassions if I don't switch over to Artest. Sure you'll get the online guys who will say well that doesn't concern me because I play all my games online.

But what about the guy who enjoys Human vs CPU Play where this problem comes into play more often?

My guys are playing pretty good paint defense, you just gotta constantly find the open man on the perimeter. I use the whole team so maybe that is why someone who sits on one player may have a problem.
Old 09-26-2009, 01:13 PM   #1460
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnalnirvava
they stripped the game of ALMOST EVERY defensive rating lets take a look at what is gone:

shot alter
interception
double team ability
tenacity
charge
pass lane effectivness
help side effectivness
close out effectivness
hedging the screen
fight through the screen
defensive post footwork

and there are more from other categories, now no one is saying this game is going to be a fast break dunk fest because there are gone, but the chance to have players hade a distinct identity on defensive will be missing.

i am sorry i dont trust the dev team to get everyone right IF WE WANT TO APPLY THE LOGIC THAT THE RATINGS ARE THERE BUT HIDDEN...

I MAY NOT MISS the offensive ones because there seems dna in a few new areas so lets hope......

Man i pointed this out weeks ago......i don't think the ratings are hidden either. I just think they removed these ratings and made evereything rely on Man to Man defense that's why you only see one true defensive rating in the game which is ON BALL DEFENSE like i've been saying the past 2 weeks.

There is no defensive DNA in the game so they can't use that as a reason.

The bottom line is IMO the game was more geared towards players who switch off on defense all game. Your defensive teammates have no defensive IDENTITY this year which means the human controlled Tim Duncan, Kevin Garnett or Dwight Howard won't play at their real defensive strength's unless you take control of them in the game.

I guess this is their way of saying well since didn't bother to change the ratings in like 3 years of any player we'll just get rid of most of the ratings and save ourselves the time trying to implement them correct..............

At this point i'll just play the game but i really don't expect anything great from the Final Version. I don't expect stars to play like stars and i don't expect to see much difference from a guy like D.Fisher vs Chris Paul. Jason Kidd won't play like a true pass 1st PG and Steve Nash won't set up Amare like we know how those guys play together.

But i should have some good battles head to head vs a human player that knows how to use those players true to life.

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Old 09-26-2009, 03:15 PM   #1461
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
I agree with pared in the sense that defense controls can always get better. I also agree with Born on the need for better execution from your AI teammates.

I do disagree on the premise that because more can be added to the defensive controls, that the defense is not now adequate enough to replicate realistic man on man defense. I am not saying that to say that is what Pared is saying.

Simply put I am enjoying the challenge of playing on ball defense this year. In the no handcheck era of the nba I don't believe the type of defense control to "force" offensive players in a direction would necessarily be a simulation of the nba game.

More tools are always welcome but at this point when playing I don't find myself at the mercy of the offense anymore than when playing real life basketball. You are free to overplay a side and with the right defender cause contract to encourage the offensive player to go to one side or the other.

So I am not of the opinion that the defense can't be improved. I do believe though that we have to tools necessary to have a balanced game of offense vs defense with the exception of our AI teammates who need to play more like themselves when not in our control.
Hey Czar can you tell me if the online is in good shape for ps3? Because I do recall that 2K9 was horrible online last year, so i might switch to live this year because of the big steps it has taken. So how is the online in live 10 for ps3 this year?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2009, 01:06 AM   #1462
MVP

bigsmallwood's Arena

OVR: 37

THis game has too many canned animations from what I see of the DEMO!
Old 09-27-2009, 09:30 AM   #1463
Banned

OVR: 10

tsk tsk tsk. i am sad
Old 09-27-2009, 01:58 PM   #1464
Pro

NDIrish98's Arena

OVR: 9

one other thing i love about the demo, is that the crowd/arena noise is some of the best i have ever heard. and the crowd seems like its closer to the court than usual which makes it seem more alive. totally ready for this game to release.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »