Home

NBA Live 10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

This is a discussion on NBA Live 10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360) within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
EA Sports FC 25 Review: We Need to Go Back to Formula
The Pain and Misery of Simulated Stats
EA Sports College Football 25 Guides, Explainers, and Tutorials

Old 09-12-2009, 12:56 PM   #657
Banned

OVR: 12
Re: NBA Live 10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
Say what?

I'm not going to say the game is ground breaking and yes it does still have some issues. But it's a huge step up over Live 07 and 08.

In comparison to Live 09 it didn't take a huge step up but it did make a lot things much more smoother and the animations got better IMO.

One of the biggest upgrades I've seen is ball handling and the fast break logic is absolutely gorgeous AGAIN..........

Hell to be honest if that fast break logic was in Live 09 I would probably kept playing it all NBA season.

And again no i don't think it's perfect i see minor issues but you are totally wrong about the game play.

man, I think it's a big step up from 09. Big one.
Old 09-12-2009, 01:29 PM   #658
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtdribbles25
man, I think it's a big step up from 09. Big one.
Maybe the Final Version but I'm basing this off of the demo which is all we can go by right now.

I don't think it's a major improvement over Live 09 becuase Live 09 wasn't as bad as Live 07 or 08 GAMEPLAY wise.

It takes a major step up over those two versions. It's an improvement over Live 09 but you still see a few wtf moments that you saw in Live 09 in this DEMO.

Their are some things that were smoothed out and therefor the game/controls feel much smoother as opposed to Live 09. But the overall jump up isn't as great when compaired to 07 and 08.

That is not a bad thing if you think that's what I'm applying....I'm just comparing the improvements from the game based on all 4 Next Gen games that have been released for NBA Live.

For instance I'm huge fan of the old footplanting system that was in previous versions. To me it seems like that was scaled back or something based on the demo but hey not everyone may have liked the old footplanting system.

I'm not a reviewer nor do i post game scores but just for this particular debate if i had to score Live 09 and then Live 10 I'd say Live 09 was about an 85 overall. Live 10 just off the demo and it's potential for the full version is closer to a 90 IMO. I don't think any sports game warrants a 95 or higher because they aren't ever going to be a perfect SPORTS SIM no matter what the FAN BASE thinks.

Live 07 and 08 were no where near an 80 and that's why I said 10 was huge a step up over those two products but not a major leap from 09.

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14

Last edited by Playmakers; 09-12-2009 at 01:32 PM.
Old 09-12-2009, 01:30 PM   #659
Rookie

OVR: 6

One Question: How do you do Hustle Plays? I've had many loose balls that could've turned into easy buckets

Last edited by Boox; 09-12-2009 at 01:37 PM.
Old 09-12-2009, 01:36 PM   #660
WW*/*FC C*mm*n*ty Mgr.

stephensonmc's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dantecamp21
Marcus, have you noticed some skipping in the sound of the game? It's happening in the demo. You gotta look for it but it's definitively happening, specially if you are using headphones...have you noticed it?
Dante,

The audio is rough in the demo, but it's not what you'll hear in the final game.

We actually said this in a message in the Hangar in the demo that the audio you hear is not complete at all...
Old 09-12-2009, 01:39 PM   #661
Pro

OVR: 11

werent we supposed to have a thread where we write down glitches for the patch?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2009, 01:39 PM   #662
Rookie

One thing I'm not liking right now is that players such as VC and Kobe that stand by the perimeter tend to be standing out of bounds
Old 09-12-2009, 01:47 PM   #663
You Dead Wrong

Jano's Arena

OVR: 27

Anybody else think its cool that you can't make shots behind the backboard? Was just playin around and I tried and I made it, its cool to see the players adjust their arc in order to make the shot.

Also to any of the devs in the full game is there a shot indicator like last year in the practice gym?

I'm trying to get some players timing down but its hard to tell when is the best release point. I want to be as effective with my players as possible so a shot indicator would be great.
Old 09-12-2009, 01:49 PM   #664
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
Fair enough bro. I honestly do NOT think I ever said you guys ignored defense... I just mentioned it feels like it was untouched. And again, I said it feels that way relative to all the changes offensively. I mean... pop in last year's game... and consider how you manage your offense... then pop in this year's demo.... and they feel completely different. Do the same and focus on defense... and there's not much of a difference. I've been asking for defense in basketball games for years.... no one wants to D up the ball handler!

I understand that there is only so much time in the dev. cycle for this sort of thing... which is why I've been careful to word my thoughts in a way to show that. I've love the fact you can challenge the ball handler without leaving your feet with a tap of the block button... but in its current state it's useless. I'm back to playing defense the same way I did last year and to me, that makes half the game fun. I'm fully engaged on offense, and on D... I'm sort of just standing there. Wait wait wait... steal attempt. Wait wait wait, rebound. Off the ball, there's nothing to do as well. You just follow your man.

I think I've been fair in my impressions of the game. I don't think anyone here would be upset if the game had a more engaging defensive mechanic.

Good post. Agreed. Makes me want to jump back into the slider game.... ALMOST. I've already made some slight edits to the demo that work wonders...

A man who enjoys playing D ? I thought i was the only one. I tried running out to the 3 point line with D howard to punch fishers shot out of bounds, but its something about that block animation that does not allow you to block shots running towards someone, its seems like they go straight up every time. If they can some how patch the defense this game will be fun. The player control on offense is beautiful but there is two sides of a basketball court and there is nothing i enjoy more is bball video games is starting a fast break caused by a good shot block or steal caused by my manually controlled defensive player. Great post Pared!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »