Home

NBA Live 10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

This is a discussion on NBA Live 10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360) within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-16-2009, 03:46 PM   #1169
Livin' the dream

Stumbleweed's Arena

OVR: 39
Re: NBA Live 10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

It gets better every time to me because you are just that much more comfortable with the controls and mechanics. I always forget about using off-ball control or some other mechanic in various games... putting all this stuff together in a full 12-minute game will be a thing of beauty. With such a short game length, I normally kind of focus on one player or strategy (i.e. get it to Gasol then pass out of the double, drive and kick w/Jameer) and just see how effective I can be and what new stuff I can pull off.

Finally got an oop completed off a pick and roll the other day with Dwight -- you really have to time it so they're right near the basket before throwing the pass... it's way different than 2K's system where you are generally throwing it from the 3PT line while the other guy is near the FT line. Felt great when I got it done though... hadn't had much luck at all before that except one layup oop on the break.

I didn't even know how to pick and pop until a few days ago, and the game really opened up (literally, the spacing was night and day) once I started using that option. Can't even wait to get deep into the playbooks for each team, adjust coaching tendencies, etc. and see how it plays out over a whole game. Kinda hard to tell how effective the various strategies defending the P&r are until you play with them for a full game IMO. Can't wait to get deep into the game, because it seems to reward really knowing all the controls (as good games should) and using them all in varying doses.
Old 09-16-2009, 03:59 PM   #1170
Books Nelson Simnation

Bornindamecca's Arena

OVR: 43

Yeah Stumble, i tried to urge people to focus on learning this game. It's a new game, and we have to treat it that way. I think five to ten hours minimum to get even a basic handle of the gameplay. If people don't want to do that....well then they probably don't like basketball games as much as I do, lol.
Old 09-16-2009, 04:06 PM   #1171
Rookie

OVR: 14
I think "rewarding" is a good word to use when talking about Live 10. Of course there are various moments when some of its problems get exposed.

But when everything clicks, it's a truly unique experience.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2009, 06:25 PM   #1172
All Star

Jonesy's Arena

OVR: 27

1 more day, 1 more day, 1 more day.........

Can't wait to try this for myself tomorrow!!!
Old 09-16-2009, 07:02 PM   #1173
Rookie

OVR: 3

Hey guys,

Im really looking forward to the demo dropping for the PS3. Except I am having problems with my PS3 connecting to my wireless internet! Is there anyway of downloading the demo to your pc or something? I have been trying hard as yesterday to fix my problem with the wireless and I am stumped and I really want this demo!

Thanks to everyone for their impressions!
Old 09-16-2009, 07:56 PM   #1174
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bornindamecca
Just had to say this somewhere....

Playing this game on on a state of the art 1080p television vs. anything less than that is night and day. The graphics are so crisp that I can literally shoot, defend and pass better, because it's easy to see the nuances. There is a little hitch in Kobe's shot that is the cue to release the button. Couldn't see this on my monitor, or lower quality televisions. I may never play this game on anything besides the big, beautiful 50 incher at the office. I'm not taking my Xbox back home unless I have to hook up to XBL, lol.
Can't be stated enough. I'm on a 52' Sammy (120hz w/Touch of Color) 1080p, and this is the most beautiful basketball game I have ever seen from a purely graphical standpoint. It screams 'next gen' (and it's about time! These TV's and equipment aren't cheap) and warrants a huge screen at a max resolution.

WAITING FOR:
Fallout 4

Wife: "Of course he's going out to get his 2K game at 12am, like he can't wait til tomorrow."
Wife's mom: "Be grateful that's what he's running out at midnight for."
Old 09-16-2009, 08:02 PM   #1175
Rookie

OVR: 8

Sorry for the double post, but someone mentioned the little nuances like Kobe's hitch in his release.... really sweet stuff. Also, you notice how when you stand idly with no dribble, with most players they just kinda stand there with it, but peep how Kobe kinda twitches and does little subtle movements with the ball at his waist, as if he's really eyeing down the lane, and tryna "look" his defender into the wrong direction.

Meaningless detail to some I know, but I LOVE that stuff, and for me personally it more than makes up for the flaws which are minor in relation to what they got right this year.

My bro just asked a good question.... "I know I say this every year, but how are they possibly gonna improve THESE graphics next year???"

WAITING FOR:
Fallout 4

Wife: "Of course he's going out to get his 2K game at 12am, like he can't wait til tomorrow."
Wife's mom: "Be grateful that's what he's running out at midnight for."
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2009, 08:07 PM   #1176
Rookie

BBallGuru's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOLLIDAY1183
Can't be stated enough. I'm on a 52' Sammy (120hz w/Touch of Color) 1080p, and this is the most beautiful basketball game I have ever seen from a purely graphical standpoint. It screams 'next gen' (and it's about time! These TV's and equipment aren't cheap) and warrants a huge screen at a max resolution.
Your house must be huge!

But seriously, this game looks absolutely beautiful when played on a good television.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »