Home

NBA Live 10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

This is a discussion on NBA Live 10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360) within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-16-2009, 08:10 PM   #1177
Pro

OVR: 11
Re: NBA Live 10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

im in love with the controls and the gameplay BUT im getting reallyyyyy sick of lakers and magic. so i dont even feel like playing anymore lol. maybe just once every day or two now
Old 09-16-2009, 08:21 PM   #1178
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBallGuru
Your house must be huge!

But seriously, this game looks absolutely beautiful when played on a good television.
Nah I'm in a pretty regular 2bdrm condo, but we actually went in there to get maybe a 42 or 46'... but I'm the kinda guy that can't be allowed in Best Buy all alone too long lol... once they approved my credit I knew I was leaving there with something ********

Someone was posting about lack of quickness rating earlier, or the ability to blow by w/o moves from a standstill, that there wasn't a rating to differentiate between defender skill.
So I been testing this nonstop, and what I found is, Mike Wang was right there is a DEFINITE difference in defenders' lateral movement, and how much the momentum/weight shift of shuffling laterally to stop the drive is different dependent on the player. There's way more leeway with Kobe than even VC on D, check it out.
And also, in my testing I've actually been able to just face up the defender at times and just hit RT and get them on my hip just enough to get a score in the lane or sweet pullup. The trick is to attack the appropriate leg to make them give. The key is to use the eurosteps and choose the side of the rim that avoid contact. Before I was just jamming RT and LS toward the rim resulting in a contact anim.

Try it ya'll. Pretty sweet.

WAITING FOR:
Fallout 4

Wife: "Of course he's going out to get his 2K game at 12am, like he can't wait til tomorrow."
Wife's mom: "Be grateful that's what he's running out at midnight for."
Old 09-16-2009, 08:23 PM   #1179
Banned

OVR: 26

If we're braggin about TVs, I'm rockin a 65-inch 1080p Sony. 2 Gs of high-definition bliss.
Old 09-16-2009, 08:25 PM   #1180
Rookie

BBallGuru's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOLLIDAY1183
Nah I'm in a pretty regular 2bdrm condo, but we actually went in there to get maybe a 42 or 46'... but I'm the kinda guy that can't be allowed in Best Buy all alone too long lol... once they approved my credit I knew I was leaving there with something ********
I meant it facetiously. 52' = 52 feet; 52" = 52 inches (You said you have a 52 foot TV)
Old 09-16-2009, 08:25 PM   #1181
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayAP19
If we're braggin about TVs, I'm rockin a 65-inch 1080p Sony. 2 Gs of high-definition bliss.

Damn Ray!

But now I know why when that sniper catches me from what seems like 10 miles away in COD and I wonder like "how the heck he see me here??!!?" It's because he's on a ********ly huge set and my head is the size of his fist on his screen LOL

Back on topic tho, anyone else feel that helpless fear when Kobe curls around and catches it foul line extended? Soon as I see him curling I'm holding onto B to get that double ASAP

EDIT: @BBallGuru... OOPS! LOL gotcha

WAITING FOR:
Fallout 4

Wife: "Of course he's going out to get his 2K game at 12am, like he can't wait til tomorrow."
Wife's mom: "Be grateful that's what he's running out at midnight for."

Last edited by HOLLIDAY1183; 09-16-2009 at 08:31 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2009, 08:36 PM   #1182
Pro

OVR: 7

hehe,

im going to be playign live 10 on my ps3 on a 40" bravia, although i have only played the demo on my bros xbox on his small hd monitor, so ill look forward to trying it tomorrow to see the difference.

i really love this game. and i REALLY AGREE with the fact you really have to learn this game, im a big 2k fan, but i find myself enjoying the demo more and more.

there are some plays that puzzle you, but 80% are pure brilliance and that for me is just what makes the game so great. hitting a 3 to silence the crowd after penetrating with nelson and freestyle passing it out is so rewarding, never felt anything like it in a bball game before. and the AI opposition is so good, it makes it that much more intense
Old 09-16-2009, 08:52 PM   #1183
Banned

OVR: 26

One thing I will say that impressed me was that the AI can be "fooled" by screens. I remember using Kobe, calling for a Gasol screen and telling him to stay there, jabbed right (towards the screen) and drove left, and VC ran straight into the pick while I went the opposite way.

Very nice, subtle detail.
Old 09-16-2009, 08:56 PM   #1184
Rookie

OVR: 12

I think some people have found the rebounding a bit confusing.

I found that trying to get good position has a greater bearing on success than when you press the Rebound button.

If you always play onball defense, getting into good rebound position is pretty much left up to the AI and your coach settings.

But playing as a big jostling for good position (as well as being there for help D) is a nice little minigame. Do you help on a driving VC, leaving Dwight wide open for a put back? Or just try and keep Dwight off the boards? Pick your poison.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »