Home

NBA Live 10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

This is a discussion on NBA Live 10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360) within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-14-2009, 11:09 PM   #1057
Pro

OVR: 9
Re: NBA Live 10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

I have such a love/hate relationship with this game. It has many strong points over its competitor, but falls short in a few key areas. With some fine tuning/polishing, live is on the verge of greatness.

I do find I like the game better when I play with the Magic, since I play more of a team game. I tend to try and score with kobe too much and not get my team involved.

I have been trying to contest shots in the air more and find the animation for contest/block seems to kick in at this point. 2k's block system wants you to jump as they gather.
Old 09-14-2009, 11:23 PM   #1058
DW3
MVP

DW3's Arena

OVR: 23

i lowered the speed by 5 clicks. at this speed the animations dont seem so fast
Old 09-14-2009, 11:31 PM   #1059
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

is that taip to yourself animation pre determined? or have there been cases where the other team has gotten the ball?
Old 09-14-2009, 11:36 PM   #1060
Rookie

OVR: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by FadeEmAll
My thoughts exactly. I'm not saying the game sucks, but I just can't see how everyone thinks the graphics are so great on this game. Especially with all the players hunched over and there being very small differences between huge "beast " type players and skinny small frame guys. It also focues too much on dribble moves and flashy offensive plays to be true sim. In real b-ball those flashy moves occur like 4-7 times a game. In live every play is an attempt for a crossover-shake em off-drain a jumper in the face type scenario. the dmeo is nice but nothing I've seen makes me think this game will be better than an 8

I want to point out that I feel that way about both games. They both touched up some things they needed to touch up, but all this "XX is back, XXX is so much better, XXX is going to kill XXX" is unfounded.
The graphics and player models will always be up for debate, it's an artistic interpretation of real life by BOTH games so it will always be a matter of taste.

As for flashy moves happening only 4-7 times in a real game is a bit odd to compare to virtual basketball don't you think? The point is you don't have to be flash in the game if you choose to play the game with a more realistic mindset, this is how i choose to play. The nice thing about the game is the choice is yours and your failure and success will very based on how you CHOOSE to play. Don't hate the game hate the player. So would you have EA strip the game of these abilities in order to give you the 4-7 highlights [those numbers very anyway and i don't know where you are pulling them from], If that was some how possible i could guarantee you that you'd be complaining how limited the game was.

Have we gotten that jaded that we can't be excited about the improvements in this game that finally make it enjoyable. To look for perfection in any of these games is unrealistic, it's something you wont even find in reality.

Maybe I'm showing my age when I say I can appreciate this game for it's strong qualities rather than dwelling on it's imperfections. I'm not trying to come down on you for having your opinion as long as you allow use to be excited about this years version of Live.

There are just to many things this game gets right to just dismiss this game as just hype. The game delivers authentic strategic basketball in spades, wether you like the player models or not. I can't think of any time in video game history we've been able to have access to REAL NBA team playbooks, now thats saying something if we're going to knock it's sim quality.

Mark my words this game will have even stronger appeal 6 months from now.
Old 09-14-2009, 11:37 PM   #1061
Rookie

OVR: 8

I think it may be canned... though I may have seen it happen once where Dwight tapped it and Rashard got it. Not sure...

On another note, Stan Van Gundy needs to have a short-sleeve turtleneck on, or maybe just a sweater under his jacket. But he looks weird in a full suit and tie.

LOL

Oh yeah, I kinda prefer the ball/net interaction in this game. Seems like the net has true weight. Sometimes the ball will go thru straight swish, other times it'll catch the back of the net and "catch" in the net, and others it will hit back rim or rattle in. Nice, though the misses and shots hitting the rim could use a lil more variety.

WAITING FOR:
Fallout 4

Wife: "Of course he's going out to get his 2K game at 12am, like he can't wait til tomorrow."
Wife's mom: "Be grateful that's what he's running out at midnight for."
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2009, 11:41 PM   #1062
Rookie

OVR: 12

Usually demos get stale pretty fast. This one keeps me coming back. So much fun to play. Each games feels fresh and different from the last.

It seems to reward you for intelligent play, and punishes you when you try to cheese. (on all star)

Tried off ball player control. Works great, adds so much to the game. Got a nice alley from Fisher to Pau to end the half. Nice.

Rookie level is a blast if you like the easier arcade style of play without much challenge. Great for having a laugh when your mates come over.
Old 09-14-2009, 11:41 PM   #1063
All Star

Mintsa's Arena

OVR: 17

I dont have the demo yet (PS3 user) so please be kind when answering my question.

I know the alley oop button is now triangle (y on 360). Is it easy to do alley's ??? Can someone give a little in depth info on how they work and how easy/hard they're to pull off. Last year on 09 (especially when playing online) alley's were really easy to pull off and were kinda cheesy.

Do players always attempt a dunk or lay in ?? Will they just catch the ball, reset and gather themselves for a layup/dunk ??

Thanks ahead of time. Come thursday I will be able to answer this question myself. But if some could help out, I would appreciate it.
Old 09-14-2009, 11:44 PM   #1064
Pro

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mintsa
I dont have the demo yet (PS3 user) so please be kind when answering my question.

Do players always attempt a dunk or lay in ?? Will they just catch the ball, reset and gather themselves for a layup/dunk ??
I see a lot more of this then actual successful attempts.

http://www.myspace.com/RD253

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »