Home

NBA Live 10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

This is a discussion on NBA Live 10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360) within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-13-2009, 10:42 AM   #801
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: NBA Live 10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

Played demo a few times, tried to get they hang of the controls, had problems with them. Maybe its because I'm a 2k fan, I just could not get use to it yet. The demo just doesn't feel like you are in the game. Players seem to move a little akwardly. EA has done a great job with presentation and graphics, players maybe a little too shiney though, but all and all if I bought the game it would take awhile to get use to but I think I could have fun with this game. Not trying to start a war or anything but Probably still leaning towards 2k this year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2009, 10:49 AM   #802
WW*/*FC C*mm*n*ty Mgr.

stephensonmc's Arena

OVR: 42

personally, if you guys think the demo is hard...I like that.

hahaha
Old 09-13-2009, 10:52 AM   #803
Banned

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephensonmc
personally, if you guys think the demo is hard...I like that.

hahaha
LOL
Old 09-13-2009, 10:56 AM   #804
Pro

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnpatrick78
Played demo a few times, tried to get they hang of the controls, had problems with them. Maybe its because I'm a 2k fan, I just could not get use to it yet. The demo just doesn't feel like you are in the game. Players seem to move a little akwardly. EA has done a great job with presentation and graphics, players maybe a little too shiney though, but all and all if I bought the game it would take awhile to get use to but I think I could have fun with this game. Not trying to start a war or anything but Probably still leaning towards 2k this year.
Great post.
Now if everyone else would comment on the game this way. Just because your not feeling the demo no need to come in here and start making stuff up just to bash the product. Just post your dislikes and keep it clean. I know I'm new here, but still, it gets ridiculous some times.

http://www.myspace.com/RD253
Old 09-13-2009, 11:38 AM   #805
Pro

OVR: 10

I'm still having trouble with boxing out. I read on here that you box out with the Y button which is also used for jumping. That's where my main problem is. Sometimes when I want to box out, I jump, when I want to jump, sometimes I box out.

I really like what they have done with momentum shooting and the LS stick. At first when I pressed X and back on the LS, I expected to do a fadeaway, but to my surprise they do a step back animation. This works as well if you press the LS forward and press X you might get a hopstep. With Kobe in the lane, I've had success tapping X and forward on the stick to set up a hopstep, or sidestep, then pressing X again putting up a shot in the lane. If the defense collapses, I hopstep into the lane then dish out for the three.

The loose balls are really unpredictable and lead to unique scores and scenarioes. Sometimes you get lucky, and the ball just bounces your way.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2009, 11:40 AM   #806
Rookie

OVR: 1
Tried the demo yesterday and, after reading previous comments, i was expecting more. Graphics and presentation look great, although some players looked a lil too light skinned and shiny, but the gameplay still had that same old live feel. Player control and movement doesn't feel that fluid. The momentum fadeaways look nice though. Something about the shots doesn't look quite right also. I noticed some old dunk animations from live 05-06 also. Overall, i still think they have more work to do on gameplay.
Old 09-13-2009, 11:42 AM   #807
Banned

OVR: 7

Played the demo, I cant get enough though. Looks like EA pushes me to switch this year. I hope Im welcome to NBA live guys. Plus my man Czar has great review to it.
Old 09-13-2009, 11:56 AM   #808
bls
MVP

bls's Arena

OVR: 8

Ok, finally saw Gasol get the ball at the top of the key drive and euro step for a layup, I'm really hoping this is not in the retail. CPU offense just doesn't flow like it did in the Live 09 demo. And I know Beluba said he doesn't think it's an issue in the retail. But shouldn't he know for sure. I'm sure they got the retail game sitting in front of them. Can pop that in the 360 like he fired up the demo to see.

Also in 09 demo they were using particular DNA information for different playoff games and you could tell the difference. Don't see that anywhere in this demo.

Last edited by bls; 09-13-2009 at 11:59 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »