Home

NBA Live 10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

This is a discussion on NBA Live 10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360) within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-12-2009, 09:46 PM   #745
MVP

rckabillyRaider's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: NBA Live 10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

graphics are pretty good on this game except they made all the players too shiny.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2009, 09:58 PM   #746
Rookie

OVR: 0

Game is alrite but why is the Lakers so overrated. Especially Fisher and Bryant. They seriously need to fix this quickly because I can just imagine some of the other players on here. It makes the game not fun, its very frustrating.
Old 09-12-2009, 09:59 PM   #747
MVP

OVR: 8

Superstar is decent, but I feel like instead of playing better defense there's just excessive turnovers. It can play great at times then just be completely uneven at others.

I'm not overdribbling at all, I try to hit VC with 2 moves and Kobe dribbles off his foot? Come on now. The real problem here is that none of these defensive animations force you to pick up your dribble, which would be more realistic, instead you have players tripping on themselves and turning the ball over. This is the NBA, those instances should be a rare occurance.

I'm going back and forth with the CPU winning and losing, but I just wish the way it played out was a little better. They don't play better basketball on this level, players just become capable of things they shouldn't be. It's pretty funny watching Pietrus dropping contested fadeaways on Artest, but on the other end Ron can't knock down the wide open 3s in the corner I'm feeding him. Why is Howard shooting and hitting fades in the post over Bynum? Its fine the first couple times, but when it happens consistently it makes you shake your head.

Criticizing this game in here seems blasphemous though. I'll probably get chewed out by some dudes sporting EA goggles. Don't get me wrong, I like the game, but this level is completely uneven.
Old 09-12-2009, 10:14 PM   #748
bls
MVP

bls's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWiLL02
Superstar is decent, but I feel like instead of playing better defense there's just excessive turnovers. It can play great at times then just be completely uneven at others.

I'm not overdribbling at all, I try to hit VC with 2 moves and Kobe dribbles off his foot? Come on now. The real problem here is that none of these defensive animations force you to pick up your dribble, which would be more realistic, instead you have players tripping on themselves and turning the ball over. This is the NBA, those instances should be a rare occurance.

I'm going back and forth with the CPU winning and losing, but I just wish the way it played out was a little better. They don't play better basketball on this level, players just become capable of things they shouldn't be. It's pretty funny watching Pietrus dropping contested fadeaways on Artest, but on the other end Ron can't knock down the wide open 3s in the corner I'm feeding him. Why is Howard shooting and hitting fades in the post over Bynum? Its fine the first couple times, but when it happens consistently it makes you shake your head.

Criticizing this game in here seems blasphemous though. I'll probably get chewed out by some dudes sporting EA goggles. Don't get me wrong, I like the game, but this level is completely uneven.
No reason to get chewed out, that's your opinion and fortunately enough.....we all have one. And my opinion is I'm not having the same problems you and some of the others in this thread are having.

One thing you'll learn in life is EVERYONE will NEVER like the same thing. And EVERYONE'S perception of the SAME THING is DIFFERENT. That's life.

And with that being said, this is a great basketball game to me. I haven't had this much fun in a b ball game in a long time. The fundamentals are good to see. Is their room for improvement??? Sure, theirs always room for improvement. But I like what I'm seeing so far.
Old 09-12-2009, 10:14 PM   #749
Banned

OVR: 12
game is corney..just like how i said it was gnna be in the beginning...poor game play...maybe next yr (as losers say)
Old 09-12-2009, 10:35 PM   #750
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdseed316
Defenitely not feeling the demo. Players feel like they are skating and big men are too quick in comparison to smaller, faster guards. I also actually preferred the separate shooting and dunk buttons but that's not a big deal. I just wish players felt like they had more weight to them.
There's a way to slow down the big men so you shouldn't let that discourage you.

The skating is definetly back in Live 10 after 3 years of being gone.....

I don't know what can be done about it if it's in the final build. I guess will have to waite and see then try some things that might work if the game speed is lowered.

I was impressed overall with the product but like all demos I get bored in a hurry with them so now I'm waiting on the final build to see what exactly has been finalized and then go from there afterwards.

That's why i said just hang in there and waite for the final release because we can still edit some things ourselves if need be

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Old 09-12-2009, 10:36 PM   #751
MVP

OVR: 14

I see to notice that alot of the ppl that are bashing the game have under 10 post. Some with just a couple post.Anyway I like it so far it plays a Sim game. I also liked last years game it got more playing time than 2k9. I just got to get the controls down and really get into it. But its a big step from last year.

PSN Brandon26ms
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2009, 10:42 PM   #752
Rookie

OVR: 12

Love this animation when playing defense...

When trying to close in on a Kobe/VC... cautiously moving in, very tentative, as if the defender knows the ball handler is just waiting to blow by him.

Very nice.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »