Home

NBA Live 10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

This is a discussion on NBA Live 10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360) within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-12-2009, 04:21 PM   #689
bls
MVP

bls's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: NBA Live 10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepp32
Ok, this game is off the chain! This is the best basketball game I've ever seen graphically....and I'm a fan of both games! The tight control is the most advanced I've ever played in a basketball sim. The player models are spot on. That Lakers court is unreal! From the lighting to the Finals logo and emblem in the center with the amount of detail and no blurriness is epic! It really stands out on my TV cause I play on a 52' LCD Sony XBR4 with the 120 hrtz technology in it...so all the little details stand out!

The only thing to me that is missing are the put back dunks but I'll settle for the tip ins for now knowing Beluba said it'll definately be in 11. Once you get the controls down this game is a beast. I mean you can throw lobs of the backboard for goodness sake.

The size ups are nasty. Can't wait to use Derrick Rose! The moves in this game are crazy hot. I've had no problem playing defence or rebounding at all. I believe if your complaining bout those two things be patient, learn the controls. There is a large learning curve. But you have to be willing to learn especially if your use to playing 2k or using the old Live controls. The injurys and what not immurse you in the game. All the different little animations inbetween are such a nice touch. If your a fan of basketball sims you Must own this game period!

Some of you on this form have been very critical of a great Demo. I think everyone is entitled to their opinion.....but be serious people. This game is undeniable. Some of you just dont want to give it a chance or see it succeed for some reason which is fine, but what gets me is when you start being rude to the devs. They go out of their way to interact with our community, which is much more than what I can say about some other companies.

So grow up people. I for one like that they take the time out of their day to comminicate with us and I don't want to loose that just cause a few of us act like 2 year olds...or are so drawn to the competition that you make badd comments or give badd reviews just to make people believe the game is wack which is lame in it self!

I wont go as far to say it's over or Live is way better than 2k cause I havent played 2k, but I will tell you what majority of you have come to already realize....and thats that Live is back!
I co-sign this!!!

And on defensive, it's momentum based as well as how quick your defender is. I like it this way, you can't just run around all over the court like a chicken with his head cut off trying to defend the whole team. You gotta play fundamentally sound basketball.

Also you can NOT, I repeat....CAN NOT abuse the dribble and size up moves with every player, try doing it with Michael P, he'll lose the ball. You gotta be sound man and know your personal. I'm liking this man, your on to something EAC. Just had a sick alley to Howard.

I'm an online guy, and I'm addicted to playing the CPU right now, what in the world is going on man!!!!

Last edited by bls; 09-12-2009 at 04:25 PM.
Old 09-12-2009, 04:26 PM   #690
Rookie

OVR: 14
Just finished one more game. I'm getting the hang out of the low post moves and D-12 is being crowded with double and triple teams. So, I'm dishing the rock and the 3-point shot barrage is coming down strong on the champs. Still rebounding like a mad man, can't see why people are complaining...anyways, back to the game.
Old 09-12-2009, 04:31 PM   #691
Banned

OVR: 18

wow, when i heard d. howard was on the cover i figure nba live would be overated this year, just like him. but to my surprise this is the best game i have played in a long time. very nice upgrade EA.

i think thier is a new king in town 2k
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2009, 04:36 PM   #692
MVP

OVR: 36

I can't get enough of this game. I have played it at least 20 times. I keep on playing the demo over and over again.
Old 09-12-2009, 04:49 PM   #693
bls
MVP

bls's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamin23
I can't get enough of this game. I have played it at least 20 times. I keep on playing the demo over and over again.
Same here!!!! I've logged in a ton of games, and every game LITERALLY FEELS DIFFERENT. Haven't used the Lakers though (not a fan). Just played a game where the Lakes were stealing everything man, I mean I was making bad passes all over the court.

I'm SOLD. Can't wait to get a hold of the Retail version. Could this be the nfl2k5 of basketball games??? I'm seeing so many nice little subtle things. Had a play where I pump faked with Lewis drove in and the help defense rotated (Bynum) I rose up for the slam and clanked the ball off the back of the rim and it went flying but Bynum got a piece of it as well cause it was a goal tend call.

One thing I am noticing though is I'm still getting a fair share of defenders to bit on the pump fake, it hasn't been too bad as the help defense has been their a majority of the time. I think it might need to be tone down just a slight bit.

Once again, excellent job EAC, I commend you on all of your efforts.

Also love the low post fighting for position animations and trying to get around screens. I notice when Bynum is guarding Howard he'll front him in the low post sometimes, and also side check him to a certain side of the court with his arms in front to deny the pass. Just excellent work.

Last edited by bls; 09-12-2009 at 04:53 PM.
Old 09-12-2009, 04:52 PM   #694
You Dead Wrong

Jano's Arena

OVR: 27

What level you playing on bls?
Old 09-12-2009, 04:57 PM   #695
bls
MVP

bls's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jano
What level you playing on bls?
All-star, haven't tried Superstar yet.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2009, 05:01 PM   #696
You Dead Wrong

Jano's Arena

OVR: 27

Superstar is just crazy I couldn't hang on that level it was turnover city when I played. I knew the camera was limiting me but it really became a problem on that level. The cpu was just killin me because my percerption is just terrible on the broadcast Lol.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »