Home

NBA Live 10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

This is a discussion on NBA Live 10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360) within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-12-2009, 02:57 PM   #673
MVP

OVR: 10
Re: NBA Live 10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

Graphics look good and have a crispness to them. I think that is the best basketball court I have ever seen in a video game. Shoes and jerseys also look greatly detailed! My favorite thing so far is some of player movements/interactions (calling for a foul, tugging at shorts, waving off a player, pointing to a teammate for assist, hopping after a made shot...ok that one is a tad overdone)...but these movements add to the atmosphere, which has really made me take note. Just think, this isn't even the full audio yet (which reminds me...Love the organ! I think most of the sig shots are outstanding. Lewis, Fisher, etc...

My biggest negative so far: I don't like how I feel like I can't control where my player jumps for rebounds or to try and block shots. I'm timing it right, just missing my mark?!? Maybe I'm used to 2K controls in that regard? I'm also struggling to box out effectively. Kind of feels like "luck" as far as rebounds or blocked shots go.

A couple cosmetic things that could be touched up:

-Adam Morrison's face is noticeably tanner than his body...looks kind of funny. Guess he went to Mexico over the summer (I thought it was Tony Almeda from 24)

-Shannon Brown is pretty dark on Live...I thought he was a little lighter skin toned? Just my opinion there...it stuck out to me as something not looking right.

-I wish hair would move (for example, Sasha, or Pau)...I think FIFA has this...maybe next year?

In general I like what I see. There is no doubt a "new" control scheme to learn for those that have grown accustomed to their competitors layout. But, I think the total control type angle Live is taking has mucho promise!!!
Old 09-12-2009, 02:57 PM   #674
Rookie

OVR: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephensonmc
Dante,

The audio is rough in the demo, but it's not what you'll hear in the final game.

We actually said this in a message in the Hangar in the demo that the audio you hear is not complete at all...
Yeah Marcus, I've read it. But I just thought it had to do with the content of the audio, like just one song at The Hangar and too few storylines...anyway, my worries were pleasantly in vain.

Thanks!
Old 09-12-2009, 02:59 PM   #675
Pro

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyJerz32
It's the demo. They've already said that there were going to be some things that were off. It's not the finished product.
well i know that.

whatever, we have this thread anyway.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2009, 03:05 PM   #676
Rookie

OVR: 14
Have anyone noticed how different the net animates depending on the shot arch of the players? For instance, long rainbow shots from guys like Fisher and Pietrus always makes the net splash as smooth as ever. But flat shots from Kobe and Wade will never have that effect on the net. I'm loving it...
Old 09-12-2009, 03:07 PM   #677
Pro

OVR: 8

The demo is great with a few issues here and there.

- Goaltending is inconsistent. Players that block dunks is considered a violation, but grabbing the ball off the rim isn't?

- Out of bounds. Players can stand with one foot in and out.

- Degree of difficulty on shots. Doug Collins has commented on both teams shot selection a little too much for my taste. Ron Artest making contesting 3 point shots (sounds like him, so I can't complain too much about that). I was able to hit a long leaning 3 point shot with Nelson off a screen (he was open, but it looked silly). What set it off for me was Fisher knocked down a contested 3 point shot in front of Dwight Howard and Nelson at the buzzer which befuddled Collins.

- A.I. stands around too much. After scouting the player DNA, cutting off the passing lanes of player's favorite spots on the floor causes the current ballhandler to stand around for the majority of the shot clock. Shouldn't we see a basic post entry pass from that point? Maybe an isolation?

Playing on Superstar btw.
Old 09-12-2009, 03:09 PM   #678
Darkness!!!

DirtyJerz32's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanner99
well i know that.

whatever, we have this thread anyway.
Just trying to help man... Next time I'll leave my comments to someone else...

Twitch: DirtyJerz32

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS
No longer shall you be referred to as DirtyJerz32, but simply BOSS -
Old 09-12-2009, 03:21 PM   #679
Pro

NDIrish98's Arena

OVR: 9

well, ive found that the RB button tightens up on your man on D so thats a plus, ive played the demo a couple more times and starting to love the "smoothness" of the gameplay. there's one thing thought that bothers me, and that is after a fastbreak every once in a while, my guys wont match up on D or switch right away or at all for that matter. not a big gripe, but sometime i would end up w/ Derek Fisher on D. Howard, i havent bought LIVE since the 90's, but that may change this year.
Old 09-12-2009, 03:27 PM   #680
bls
MVP

bls's Arena

OVR: 8

Yo, this game is AMAZING!!!!! I've written up to reviews only to accidentally hit the back button and lose the information.

Basketball fundamentals is all I can say. Just had a steal and a breakaway with Michael P and the defense didn't magically catch up, jammed it with 2 hands as I was pushed in the back and fell screaming for the foul call. Just wow!!!!!!

More in a min, back to the game.

Oh yeah, baseline exploit has also been fixed. But also had situation where I was Nelson going to the baseline and Fisher was bodying me up all the way and basically bodied me out of bounds, but a foul was called on HIM!!!!!!! Wheres the YAY!!!! smilie!!!!

Last edited by bls; 09-12-2009 at 03:30 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »