Home

NBA Live 10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

This is a discussion on NBA Live 10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360) within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
EA Sports FC 25 Review: We Need to Go Back to Formula
The Pain and Misery of Simulated Stats
EA Sports College Football 25 Guides, Explainers, and Tutorials

Old 09-12-2009, 03:21 AM   #593
Banned

OVR: 13
Re: NBA Live 10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

It's going to take me some time to absorb before I comment on everything but I'm impressed.

I've been going back and forth, back and forth, but as of now I've made a decision to give Live a try this year. I hope it doesn't let me down user vs. user and the quality of the online experience.

Why can't we get user vs. user online demo's like some other big time gms have?
Old 09-12-2009, 03:23 AM   #594
Banned

OVR: 13

very superficial, but why do the bench players stand up for so long? They also seem to overreact to everything. I think the bench emotion is over exaggerated.
Old 09-12-2009, 03:23 AM   #595
All Star

rockchisler's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazraz
Got to say I'm disappointed with NBA Live 10. From the moment I got into the game screen my first thoughts were, this looks like a cartoon. Everything looks far too bright & the uniforms just look like gloss paint (no material quality to them at all).
Sure the gameplay has improved but I still prefer the feel of the 2K series. It plays alot more smoothly & feels more organic.
I just hope 2K do something about them damned blurry caught logos that blemished the overall visual quality of NBA 2K9.
Seems like you went into the demo already with your mind made up that you weren't going to like it.

Follow me on www.Twitter.com/Rockchisler

Just type [ SPOILER ] and [ / SPOILER ], without any spaces.

ROOKIE KILLER
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2009, 03:27 AM   #596
Banned

OVR: 16

IMO better for the bench and players on the court to over-react then for them to not react at all...
Old 09-12-2009, 03:31 AM   #597
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
I'm really, really liking a lot... but I'm also NOT liking a bit.

Love:
-The control. Not much to say other than it's great.
-Free throws! Well done and simple mechanic.
-Fouls on default settings are just about right.
-Player differentiation (Artest is great defensively, Howard a beast offensively)
-Shooting. Feels great. Much better than last year.
-Crowd audio is wonderful.

Hate:
-Rebounding is still bad. Players seemingly go up and reach for air.
-The sliding now present in many areas of the game. Obviously it's a trade-off for the control, but after touting foot planting tech for so long, it's almost like the old sliding is back.
-If you're making changes during a FT shot attempt, the CPU will take your FT for you. Immediately. At least make them wait a few seconds and then auto-shoot so I don't get a delay call.
-Defense in the post

WTF:
-Balls still dropping to the ground and my players just watching the rebound.
-Not crazy about the Player Lock control setup. There have been more than a few times I've tried to Icon pass and get switched off. IMO - eliminate Icon passing and just make it a Player switch option, and make the user use freestyle passing.
-Player AI is very strange at times. Had a time where Kobe brought the ISO... held the ball the entire shot clock... drove in with 4 seconds to go then got a shot off too late.

Tidbits:
Still up in the air about the Player faces... MUCH MUCH BETTER. From regular camera angles, they all look great. But up close, they still look slightly off. Don't know what it is.
-Love the sharp graphics... but the game still looks a bit cartoony. Could it be the color is so vibrant?

A coulple of things I'm not sure why they won't just max out every players rebounding IQ rating. That has no impact on the actual overall rating for rebounding. But it does help immensely to get rid of the problem with balls falling to the floor.

I also understand that you can't inflate the offensive awareness of all the players but to me a guy like Kobe, LBJ or Wade deserves the highest rating possible in terms of offensive awareness to eliminate that exact issue you were refering to during game play.

Unfortunately there is no slider that controls or limits those circumstances from happening.

As for the sliding i don't particulary care for it either. I thought the footplanting system they used in previous versions was outstanding but maybe they felt it had to be scrapped or reduced in order to make the game play smoother.

I actually love the direction of the game and what Marcus and crew have accomplished for the 2nd straight year. I've used the demo and mostly as an early experiement gig for myself........

To find out what works and what doesn't in relation to just being able to fix things with a slider for later on (Final Version). I'm overall satisfied as i feel the game just based on the demo only needs 1-2 things edited for game play because a slider won't fix it. If marcus and his team touches on these two things like he did last year by touching a few ratings then I think those two things will be a non factor during game play for the final version.

For the record about the only thing that i think can't be fixed by the user or EA themselves is the sliding this year but again I'm not a game designer just a game tester............ and who knows maybe they can reduce the sliding before the final build. Either way if you play this game with an open mind i think you'll see a hundred things done right compaired to 2-3 small things done wrong.

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Old 09-12-2009, 03:36 AM   #598
All Star

rockchisler's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by cf00

IMO EA loses a lot of credibility here. So does DA_Czar. I've been playing these games for a long time so this isn't a case of getting used to the controls. I'm playing on allstar where the real ballers play Czar. I've been playing these games for years. I took the time and played and adjusted and played within the flow of the game and learned all the controls. EA talks a good game but then there's the truth. Hopefully EA doesn't run everyone else out of business and start charging whatever they want for addons and additional difficulty levels.
Crediabilty? You don't even have any in this forum, criticizing a company and member in here. This is not the 2k forums, please don't talk junk here. Playing games for years? Now I really want to know what your first bball game is for you to think you are a authority..

Follow me on www.Twitter.com/Rockchisler

Just type [ SPOILER ] and [ / SPOILER ], without any spaces.

ROOKIE KILLER
Old 09-12-2009, 03:45 AM   #599
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beluba
When your checks get switched up, take control of the guy that SHOULD be guarding the ball and run him to cover the dribbler. The AI should recognize that you've recovered and swap checks with you. Sometimes it takes a second or two but they will figure it out. Works for offball check swapping as well.

Rocket dunks noted for the patch already.
Is there anyway to reduce the verticals down just a bit and to enhance the overall awareness in relation to the highest rated offensive players so they'll be more aware of game/clock management situations before the final version or is it too late and it must be patched after release of the final build?

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Old 09-12-2009, 03:49 AM   #600
Books Nelson Simnation

Bornindamecca's Arena

OVR: 43

Wow. Jameer Nelson makes some shots.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »