Home

NBA Live 10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

This is a discussion on NBA Live 10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360) within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
EA Sports FC 25 Review: We Need to Go Back to Formula
The Pain and Misery of Simulated Stats
EA Sports College Football 25 Guides, Explainers, and Tutorials

Old 09-11-2009, 10:34 PM   #513
Pro

OVR: 6
Re: NBA Live 10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

does anyone know how to do the jab steps in this game?
Old 09-11-2009, 10:35 PM   #514
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by younggrease
does anyone know how to do the jab steps in this game?
the right stick - don't press any other thing except it.
Old 09-11-2009, 10:36 PM   #515
Pro

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by And one1
Cant steal inbound pass?!
Yes, and it's quite refreshing considering the past. Hope this carries over online.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2009, 10:40 PM   #516
Gameplay Director, NBA2k

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jano
Man Beluba that thing moves way to fast for me sometimes, just as I'm getting ready to release the button it'll pass the marker Lol.

Then once I get used to the speed I'll over shoot it or release it too early. I think I'm going to try it at the setting you suggested because the default is just ridiculous to me.
Lol. The setting I'm suggesting makes them harder.
Old 09-11-2009, 10:40 PM   #517
MVP

jsquigg's Arena

OVR: 16
Thumbs up Re: NBA Live 10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

First off: Great demo. If the goal of a demo is to give people enough time to learn the controls but still leaving me craving for more, then EA succeeded. I've played both 2k and Live in the past, and the mid range game as well as different players speed and ball skills in this Live are better than any b-ball game has done in the past (except MAYBE Inside Drive). For people who don't like defense in this game, I love it.
To me it makes you factor matchups into play. For example, I'm not flaming because I love past 2k games, but in 2k you can put Shaq on Kobe without paying for it too much. In Live, if I try to guard Vince with Gasol, three scenarios play out depending on my positioning. If I crowd Vince there had better be help defense because he'll either throw it down or find the open man (or draw a foul). If I play off of Vince he can take the open shot, but he can also still attack me with some success. Another outcome is bringing someone over for the double just to get the ball out of his hands.
That might not have been the best example, but even though the defensive controls are much simpler, the outcomes are ultra realistic and there is depth based on match ups. Another thing that I'm glad EA went to was shooting percentages in place of shot ratings. I mentioned this long ago in a forum and people said it wouldn't work because people would miss too many open shots. To me, shooting percentages are spot on even though I could waste time pointing out the flaws of shooting ratings.
Overall, while the game isn't perfect this is IMO the most realistic simulation of NBA basketball I've played so far. There are some weird animations, but player control < smooth animations IMO. Can't wait for October 6th!
Old 09-11-2009, 10:41 PM   #518
Banned

OVR: 22
im sorry to say this but this is the best bball game that i have ever played and this is just the demo. yeah there are some issues but the total package from the a.i and how they force you to play real basketball is ridiculous, no other bball game i have ever played forced me to play team bball. example guarding kobe on an unset play i know he will probably get by so instead of letting him beat me one on one i try to force him to the side of the court were the defense is the strongest to get him to force a shot or settle for a jumper. i try to deny kobe the ball as he runs to the spot in the triangle iso , and i'll be damned instead of them forcing the pass they set a screen for him to get the ball for a open jumpshot. and it wasn't always the same spots either. or how they run plays to set up mismatches to take advantage of , i mean wow and i won't even talk about on the offensive end how the defense starts to anticipate your moves when you become predictable. and back to defense i love how u can pressure the ball but it's more of you getting in the offensive ball handlers way and letting him create the contact. it's hard to do but you can do it. especially on a slow point guard like d fish. on the offensive end the a.i. forces you to take jump shots but it's up to you to take the right one because you can tell when a shot is bad. if u know basketball you know live is the best yet. im not talking about graphics or animations, I'm talking about basketball know how. live best basketball game/ demo i have ever played. bball heads know. the lil things don't break this game at all.
Old 09-11-2009, 10:43 PM   #519
You Dead Wrong

Jano's Arena

OVR: 27

Lol I just realized that myself missed 4 straight freethrows w/ Kobe and fish.
Old 09-11-2009, 10:44 PM   #520
Banned

OVR: 4

Just because it has been abused online doesnt mean the ability to steal an inbound pass, apart of basketball, should be removed from the game. bad bad decision making

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »