Home

NBA 2K10 Hands-On Preview (IGN)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K10 Hands-On Preview (IGN) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-19-2009, 10:35 PM   #97
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: NBA 2K10 Hands-On Preview (IGN)

LOL Why do some of ya'll let 2K frustrate you when it's the same **** every year? Guess I can understand when one parent is spoiling you with no end and the other parent is making you be patient. But then again, that's how it is EVERY year lol.

Like DC said, ya'll better start keeping low expectations when it comes to info 2K is releasing and the TYPE of info they release lol.
Old 08-19-2009, 10:36 PM   #98
Pro

OVR: 17

Being able to save in the middle of games is going to be awesome. I'll likely be able to complete an entire 82 game season with 12 minute quarters now. Now if they have the same "Super Sim" feature in the Association mode that's in My Player, I'll go crazy.

Good info, not sure if I like the dumbed down idea of iso motion, I've always enjoyed the challenge of having to practice the moves to be good at them, I'm already seeing "cheese" if the spin move is even easier to perform.

Good info though, and solid screens. Can't wait for some more.

Old 08-19-2009, 10:42 PM   #99
Rookie

OVR: 7

oh yeah another good year of 2k basketball. now we get in-game SAVES. thats hot
Old 08-19-2009, 10:42 PM   #100
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

Knowing 2k I'm sure the old iso contols could be still optional in the menu....
Old 08-19-2009, 10:48 PM   #101
MVP

Parasight's Arena

OVR: 12

As a 2K fan since 2K3, I must say that it's beginning to feel like 2K is running out of juice. The improvements this year SOUND unimaginative and are more like side-steps. The fact that they didn't even fix defensive rotation as one of their first goals is a major concern. I think 2K is becoming less and less motivated to deliver. 2K9 was a major disappointment in my eyes, and basically "won" the battle against Live simply because of how BAD Live 09 was, instead of how good 2K9 was. I'm hoping Live 10 kicks them in the ***, so the 2K team wakes up and gets their act together.

Disclaimer: All of this is tentative and could easily change given a long enough look at this year's gameplay.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2009, 10:48 PM   #102
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaptnKirk12
Being able to save in the middle of games is going to be awesome. I'll likely be able to complete an entire 82 game season with 12 minute quarters now. Now if they have the same "Super Sim" feature in the Association mode that's in My Player, I'll go crazy.

Good info, not sure if I like the dumbed down idea of iso motion, I've always enjoyed the challenge of having to practice the moves to be good at them, I'm already seeing "cheese" if the spin move is even easier to perform.

Good info though, and solid screens. Can't wait for some more.
to be honest i never did liked when the isomotion got moved to left analog. i love the shot stick to death but i hated that they moved the isomotion i just learn to deal with so im interested as to how this new iso is implemented.

my guess for the change of isomotion is because ALOT of consumers switch over to the A configuration setup. i mean alot, ALOT. the people that switch to A are for more than the people that use default. so even tho the hardcore people may hate it, this is the best move for 2k to do.
Old 08-19-2009, 10:51 PM   #103
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parasight
As a 2K fan since 2K3, I must say that it's beginning to feel like 2K is running out of juice. The improvements this year SOUND unimaginative and are more like side-steps. The fact that they didn't even fix defensive rotation as one of their first goals is a major concern. I think 2K is becoming less and less motivated to deliver. 2K9 was a major disappointment in my eyes, and basically "won" the battle against Live simply because of how BAD Live 09 was, instead of how good 2K9 was. I'm hoping Live 10 kicks them in the ***, so the 2K team wakes up and gets their act together.

Disclaimer: All of this is tentative and could easily change given a long enough look at this year's gameplay.
2k9 is a great game, the only real downfall to 2k9 was online play and thats irrelevant to judge a game cause online play in sports games has been mediocre at best overall
Old 08-19-2009, 11:04 PM   #104
Rookie

Onpoint17's Arena

OVR: 12

This all sounds fantastic to me. I never really got the hang of ISO-motion so I'm glad to hear that they're dumming it down this year. But from what they're saying about the My Player mode and no contract negotiations, etc. this is starting to sound like a mode that I'm going to skip. I only play Association mode anyway, but I was thinking of trying the My Player until I read the previewer's comments.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »