Home

NBA 2K10 Hands-On Preview (IGN)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K10 Hands-On Preview (IGN) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-19-2009, 09:01 PM   #65
Banned

OVR: 28
Re: 2k10 IGN preview Today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shindiana
I hope this "no contract negociations" won't keep us from just accepting or reject a deal offer in order to test free agency for example.
Ron said that they will explain how this all works in the my player blog. You can play for different teams and what not, your not going to spend hyour whole career on 1 team.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2009, 09:02 PM   #66
*S *dd*ct

NINJAK2's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by shindiana
It's a good thing they improved the play calling system. But I wish the plays were madefor specific player instead of position.
I see your point shin..If this new play system works how I'm thinking it will would though.. could that mean that you can now send pf's like Dirk off of multiple baseline screens similar to what the pistons do for Rip? Alot of multiple screen plays only involve the sg and the sf. That would be cool as it could really open up the game.
EA and 2k have the unfortunate task of trying to balance on a tightrope of fun and sim while trying not to fall 10,000 feet to their death. Instead of a safety net waiting down below there will just be angry customers quick to move out of the way and talk of their failure.
Old 08-19-2009, 09:11 PM   #67
Books Nelson Simnation

Bornindamecca's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stumbleweed
Come on Born, don't lecture me on choosing opponents. That doesn't matter because I'm talking about the mechanics of the game.
It's not a lecture. Just pointing out that my experiences haven't been congruent with yours, and that one could attribute that to a different class of competitor. I don't get the sense that anyone in the OS leagues is holding back. They all run their offense as efficiently as possible, scoring when the opportunity arises, and right now the game mechanics are not set up that those opportunities result in an egregious amount of dunks.

Quote:

Where do you find these magical sim team-up games? There's never enough people online to even play one and when you do find a game, half the time the connection drops. I've had some GREAT sim games, but it's been like 10 out of 200 man... there should be a reasonable expectation that you can join a Team-Up game and not have LeBron James scoring 80 points with 5 minute quarters (which happened in MANY Team-Up games in 2K9).
Played a bunch of games back at release, and for a few months after. Brankles, Auburn, Stewaat and several others were always on to play, and we always had enough people to have a good time. As far as connection dropping, I couldn't agree more. The servers were a real headache, and took away from the experience. When the servers were on our side, we had a good time, every time.

Quote:
I played in sim leagues for the early part of 2K9 against some of the best players around, all of whom I really respect. However, said players could at any time penetrate from the 3PT line to the paint with ridiculous dribble moves and then finish in traffic with a dunk. This is a problem. It shouldn't be a matter of "sim" players containing themselves to get a realistic game, they should not be able to do those things on a regular basis against another competent player.
Our experiences have been very different. That's all I can say about that. There are a few highly rated players in the game that require restraint: Kobe, Lebron, Amare, Yao Ming and a few others, but for the most part, I haven't seen anyone just be able to iso to the cup for a dunk on their first try. Even the few times I went online to play cheesers, they had to milk the possession for a good portion of the shot clock, back out and try to trigger a dunk animation over and over.

If you ever want to show me what you're talking about, feel free to hit me up online. If you can repeatedly iso-dunk on me without milking it, I'll stand corrected.
Old 08-19-2009, 09:15 PM   #68
DC
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 39

Quote:
It's not a lecture. Just pointing out that my experiences haven't been congruent with yours, and that one could attribute that to a different class of competitor. I don't get the sense that anyone in the OS leagues is holding back. They all run their offense as efficiently as possible, scoring when the opportunity arises, and right now the game mechanics are not set up that those opportunities result in an egregious amount of dunks.
Born, I do find myself holding back when it comes to driving to the hoop. I am sure I can do it every time but I have to remind myself that it just isn't right to do so.

Also I hold myself back from using the L-Trigger while on the move because I know it is an automatic blow-by
Old 08-19-2009, 09:22 PM   #69
Books Nelson Simnation

Bornindamecca's Arena

OVR: 43
Re: NBA 2K10 Hands-On Preview (IGN)

The L Trigger is definitely an issue, but I haven't seen that with the rest of the isomotion moves. Even so, do you think you can get dunks with Joe Johnson 8 out of 10 times with this technique? Josh Smith I totally believe, but he fits in with the 99 dunk crew that are the problem in this game.

And if you can, I tender the same offer I gave to Stumble. Lemme get in a league practice game with you and see you score 80pts with Joe Johnson in 20 mins.
Old 08-19-2009, 09:22 PM   #70
MVP

OVR: 15

Pau has some jaggy point razor sharp elbows in the background.

I thought jaggies were goign away this yr?
Old 08-19-2009, 09:26 PM   #71
Rookie

OVR: 0
gorgeous hahahahaha!! did you see kobe or wade horrible the facial visuals are really bad look at VC o man i jus hope they improved gameplay cusz the visuals are a big turn off
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2009, 09:29 PM   #72
DC
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 39
Re: NBA 2K10 Hands-On Preview (IGN)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bornindamecca
The L Trigger is definitely an issue, but I haven't seen that with the rest of the isomotion moves. Even so, do you think you can get dunks with Joe Johnson 8 out of 10 times with this technique? Josh Smith I totally believe, but he fits in with the 99 dunk crew that are the problem in this game.

And if you can, I tender the same offer I gave to Stumble. Lemme get in a league practice game with you and see you score 80pts with Joe Johnson in 20 mins.
The L Trigger is an issue
The behind the back dribble is an issue as well
The spin move is an issue

Nah I can't dunk at will with Joe Johnson but I can with Josh Smith like you said.

I can also run UNDER/BEHIND the basket and shoot a layup with Aaron Brooks whenever I please. No matter how much traffic is present

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »