Home

NBA 2K10 Hands-On Preview (IGN)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K10 Hands-On Preview (IGN) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-20-2009, 12:28 AM   #113
Banned

OVR: 6

nope heres the vid...damn pc
Old 08-20-2009, 12:34 AM   #114
MVP

TheBadazz's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: NBA 2K10 Hands-On Preview (IGN)

I been a fan since 2K (like who really cares...). I'm alright as long as they don't change too much at once, unless it improves gameplay. Remember 2K3? Now remember 2K4-5. Those games sucked because they changed so much and made gameplay worse. Isomotion then was a joke. The dunks were horrible (looked like you was dunking on a 9 ft rim). I could go on and on. Now remember 2K6? It's was different in a good way. I hope 2K10 is like that.

XBox One GT: TheBadazz
PSN GT: TheBadazzOG
Nintendo Switch #:
5725-3994-1005
Old 08-20-2009, 12:38 AM   #115
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Thank goodness that Live is shaping up to be a great game as well this year, so that all these Chicken Little's can have somewhere to go instead of staying here and crying all Fall.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2009, 12:56 AM   #116
MVP

OVR: 19
I like the turbo boost/defensive pressure feature. Thats a good addition in how its implemented.
However, the game seems to offensive focused. hopefully they'll address the defensive aspects of the game the next go round.

2k9 pc was a great game so my expectations arent that high for this year's version. In addition, Live also seems promising.

it wont be a bad thing to have 2 solid games. It also sounds like they will be very similar. Wang is turning nba live into "nba 2klive".
Old 08-20-2009, 01:22 AM   #117
Banned

OVR: 2

I agree with dude up there, Live is adding things that 2k had since 2k7, nothing about Live was better than 2k since forever. Live finally added something last year to give them 1 advantage (player DNA), and that still did not put them over the top, right. 2k is adding that this year, with a bunch of more extra things, the only thing 2k actually NEEDS to do is improve small things gameplay wise, feel me. How the hell will Live be better by adding things 2k has had for years, if 2k gets the player tendancies right, then Live cant compete in anything but graphics. Yall need to stop being pessimist, to me it looks like Live will be a big jump from last year and for the 1st time since 02 I may play Live, (seriously have not played the actual game since 02, only demo's) but just because they are getting better dont mean nothing, Live has a long way to go before they catch up in the most important thing, ANIMATIONS, until then all 2k needs to do is get a lil more realistic every year and im good.
Old 08-20-2009, 01:37 AM   #118
Rookie

OVR: 3
Haha stunning. The biggest problem last year was on the defensive side of the ball; seems like it should have been the FIRST thing they started working on, instead of trying out yet another feature (My Player) from the ground up - which never works the 1st time around.
Old 08-20-2009, 02:26 AM   #119
Rookie

OVR: 2

lol if i remember correctly wasnt 2k9 supposed to be focusing on the defensive side of the ball? lol but i still play the hell out of it though
Old 08-20-2009, 03:33 AM   #120
MVP

OVR: 26

no negotiations in my player?
wtf...thats a pretty big ommision from that mode.
its a huge part of being an nba player..
becoming a free agent and looking for the best deal etc..
i really hope things like trades are possible.
or else whats the point.

i was REALLY looking forward to this mode. now. ive got concerns.

about all the extra tendencies and 82games.com....man i hope its implemented well and within the context of 2ks gameplay...
because i dont want to spend hours adjusting tendencies/ratings this season. i dont have the time anymore.
this hopefully will be the 1st nba game where i can just use 2ks rosters. please

i really want to get a comprehensive "my player" breakdown.
i dont understand how they can ommit negotiations from the mode????
what depth does this mode have?
i hope its not just the nba league version of 24-7 .
that would be a BIG letdown and a wasted oppurtunity by 2k.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »