Home

NBA Live 10 Blog: Swagga Like Us

This is a discussion on NBA Live 10 Blog: Swagga Like Us within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare
Closed Thread

Old 07-26-2009, 05:05 PM   #193
PC/PS4 Gamer

Rob. D's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: NBA Live 10 Blog: Swagga Like Us

screens look good lets hope the gameplay doesnt dissapoint
Old 07-26-2009, 05:09 PM   #194
Rookie

OVR: 14
On behalf of what's going on lately here in this post, I agree with both sides. I'm openly saying that I'm really hyped up about Live 10. The moment 2K starts to show their thing I'll probably be too because I'm a fan of both games. But it's true that this has led to disappointment in the past.

I think it's fair to hold judgement until further notice but at the same time, we can't tell guys not to be excited. I'm excited.
Old 07-26-2009, 05:16 PM   #195
MVP

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dantecamp21
On behalf of what's going on lately here in this post, I agree with both sides. I'm openly saying that I'm really hyped up about Live 10. The moment 2K starts to show their thing I'll probably be too because I'm a fan of both games. But it's true that this has led to disappointment in the past.

I think it's fair to hold judgement until further notice but at the same time, we can't tell guys not to be excited. I'm excited.
Same here. I'm excited about the possibilities of both games this year, but I am staying realistic with my expectations. Both games have to PROVE to me that they have made a great basketball game this year. I'm tired of empty promises and marketing hype.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2009, 05:19 PM   #196
Pro

OVR: 10

Let's all just wait. Next week is said to be the time more 2k info will be released. Hopefully as soon as tomm (Monday). Then we can make more assessments. But as for me, from the info we have. I'm running with Live this yr. They odds are in their favor.
Old 07-26-2009, 05:24 PM   #197
Rookie

OVR: 12
Re: NBA LIVE 10: Swagga Like Us (BLOG)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockchisler
Sweet, but expensive...
True.
Old 07-26-2009, 05:27 PM   #198
MVP

Greene_Flash03's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by ai2k2
Let's all just wait. Next week is said to be the time more 2k info will be released. Hopefully as soon as tomm (Monday). Then we can make more assessments. But as for me, from the info we have. I'm running with Live this yr. They odds are in their favor.
I'm not favoring 2k or EA here. To me, whoever builds or created a basketball game that replicates real NBA basketball then that company/game gets my money.

I've been playing 2k bball for over 5 years now because they were just the best bball game out there. With live this year, it might be different story...Besides, I want something new..
Old 07-26-2009, 05:54 PM   #199
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ai2k2
But as for me, from the info we have. I'm running with Live this yr. They odds are in their favor.
This is the type of logic that just makes no sense to me. From the info you have on July 26th, on games that come out oct. 6th, one of which hasn't even released more than a single screenshot, you've made your decision?

The only way the odds would be in Live's favor is if the games were released this week.

I see this same situation every year: Live gets a head start with the info, fans proclaim their love for this info and vow to jump ship, 2k releases their info, said fans switch back like the loose girl at a frat party.

I've been disappointed by Live too many times these last few years after playing them pretty much exclusively in 04 and 05, despite owning both titles those years. The graphics look great but that's never been the main issue here. The trailer showed me a lot of the same problems I've had with Live over the last few years, the animations still haven't caught up with 2k8 IMO.

I'm definitely going to give Live a try this year, if what Mike Wang says is true you won't get a true sense for the changes until you pick up the controller. It would be great to own 2 basketball games where I can appreciate each for what it offers. The last time that happened was with Live 03 and 2K3. Two very well made, enjoyable games despite their different approaches to the sport.

Competition is GOOD. Here's hoping there is one this year.
Old 07-26-2009, 05:59 PM   #200
MVP

Shakedowncapo's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dat Boi TJ
I think Aholbert works for 2k because it says Ronnie 2k under his name and Ronnie is the PR guy for 2k.

Hahahahaha
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »