Home

NBA Live 10 Blog: Swagga Like Us

This is a discussion on NBA Live 10 Blog: Swagga Like Us within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare
Closed Thread

Old 07-26-2009, 01:11 PM   #169
Rookie

OVR: 10
Re: NBA Live 10 Blog: Swagga Like Us

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbz06
Exactly.

I mean, we're getting excited about these little things because that's what is being presented to us at this time (which is still only July).

That does NOT mean we don't care or don't want a sim gameplay and that we don't have other concerns about the game. So I don't understand the hate from the 2k guys.

And of course we're going to be pumped up because the gameplay and the fixes needed from Live 09 were a huge priority for the devs. Those things were fixed first.
They only talk because were getting feedback from the producers, getting more pics, and got tons of info so far..... they haaaaaave 1 screenshot. lol.
Old 07-26-2009, 01:21 PM   #170
Banned

OVR: 7

WeLL said!
Old 07-26-2009, 02:09 PM   #171
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
I'm not trying to make this a 2k v. Live thread but I'm not seeing what you are seeing. I do see improved graphics but its clear to me that these are just improvements of the same Live graphics engine. The crowd looks a lot better but I'm not seeing a huge jump in graphics that you guys are seeing.

This is just another case of the famous "underdog" syndrome that is prevelant here at OS. You see it all the time in the other forums. People get tired of the most popular game in each sport (Madden, NBA2k,) and start to overhype the game the current 2nd place game (Backbreaker, Live). Next year you will see loads of people bashing the Show and proclaiming MLB2k10 to be "the truth" just because they are bored with the Show. Same thing is happening with 2k.

I think I've been on these forums too long because I dont get excited about new shoes, new jerseys and tattoos. They are nice touches but they dont keep me playing a game. I wont be playing this game in the Spring just because Live has the "El Heat" jerseys. What keeps me playing a game is if you have realistic sub patterns (which Live didnt have), intelligent CPU franchise AI (which Live didnt have) and good gameplay without having to make tons of tweaks (which neither game had last year). So all this BS about shoes and pregame intros doesnt mean **** to me.

And yes that was one of the silliest things Ive read here. No dumbest but silliest. You even admitted that it was silly.
One thing you have to realize is at some point there is no where for the graphics to go. On the current gen systems, graphics can only get so much better during each dev cycle. For instance, the shots we see in this blog are amazing, what more can they do as far as player models? At some point the graphics reach there peak.

Its not a case of the "underdog syndrome" its seeing a brand, in this case "nba live" that is making great strides from last year. Do I think live is going to overtake 2k this year, hell no, but they are making the game leaps and bounds better then last year and thats all we can ask for.

Of course shoes and jerseys dont make a game great, but to make a game SIM you need these things. We cant speak on live 10s gameplay yet because we have seen nothing, but if a game seems to be making strides in one department it only leads me to believe they are making strides in others.

I've bought 2k for the past 3 years, but I would love to see two dominate sports video game franchises in heated competition because its only going to give me ( the consumer ) the advantage.

Last edited by TheFiasco87; 07-26-2009 at 02:11 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2009, 02:15 PM   #172
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFiasco87
One thing you have to realize is at some point there is no where for the graphics to go. On the current gen systems, graphics can only get so much better during each dev cycle. For instance, the shots we see in this blog are amazing, what more can they do as far as player models? At some point the graphics reach there peak.

Its not a case of the "underdog syndrome" its seeing a brand, in this case "nba live" that is making great strides from last year. Do I think live is going to overtake 2k this year, hell no, but they are making the game leaps and bounds better then last year and thats all we can ask for.

Of course shoes and jerseys dont make a game great, but to make a game SIM you need these things. We cant speak on live 10s gameplay yet because we have seen nothing, but if a game seems to be making strides in one department it only leads me to believe they are making strides in others.

I've bought 2k for the past 3 years, but I would love to see two dominate sports video game franchises in heated competition because its only going to give me ( the consumer ) the advantage.
yea i agree that live is making a huge improvement compared 2 last yr but idk how u say that it wont e better than 2k...yea we havent seen a gameplay vid of live 10 but then again 2k had major issues with their game that havent even been addressed yet man. Im not tryna take sides but i can say just wait till OCT 6TH when both games go gold and hit the stores... then debate
Old 07-26-2009, 02:21 PM   #173
Rookie

OVR: 5

I really am a bit senior /age/ gamer, but I think Live might make it really good this year (if they really improve their game play). I'm currently playing 2k (I have live 09 also), while it really looks more like an NBA game, still has tons of misses. Some 2k fanboys are really afraid of Live this year and I hope 2k producers are too. When I see some top posters coming over to tell you folks how live won't make it yet again, I fell good about basketball gaming this year. I love basketball, so I don't care about gaming in general as much (meaning anything bball related puts smile on my face). Competition is really good for us custumers.
Old 07-26-2009, 02:27 PM   #174
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nephilim
I really am a bit senior /age/ gamer, but I think Live might make it really good this year (if they really improve their game play). I'm currently playing 2k (I have live 09 also), while it really looks more like an NBA game, still has tons of misses. Some 2k fanboys are really afraid of Live this year and I hope 2k producers are too. When I see some top posters coming over to tell you folks how live won't make it yet again, I fell good about basketball gaming this year. I love basketball, so I don't care about gaming in general as much (meaning anything bball related puts smile on my face). Competition is really good for us custumers.
i agree with your post
Old 07-26-2009, 02:48 PM   #175
Rookie

OVR: 14
There's a Live 10 preview with Sean O'Brien at Team Xbox.com. He said that the top 12 rated players will be at "The Hangar" when you boot up the game. Who they must be? I'll make an wild guess (without any particular order): Kobe, LeBron, Wade, Melo, CP3, D12, Duncan, Nowitzky, KG, Gasol, Deron (or Parker) and Bosh. Maybe Pierce and Stoudemire were left out? Any thoughts?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2009, 02:59 PM   #176
MVP

OVR: 25

Quote:
I'm not trying to make this a 2k v. Live thread but I'm not seeing what you are seeing. I do see improved graphics but its clear to me that these are just improvements of the same Live graphics engine. The crowd looks a lot better but I'm not seeing a huge jump in graphics that you guys are seeing.

This is just another case of the famous "underdog" syndrome that is prevelant here at OS. You see it all the time in the other forums. People get tired of the most popular game in each sport (Madden, NBA2k,) and start to overhype the game the current 2nd place game (Backbreaker, Live). Next year you will see loads of people bashing the Show and proclaiming MLB2k10 to be "the truth" just because they are bored with the Show. Same thing is happening with 2k.

I think I've been on these forums too long because I dont get excited about new shoes, new jerseys and tattoos. They are nice touches but they dont keep me playing a game. I wont be playing this game in the Spring just because Live has the "El Heat" jerseys. What keeps me playing a game is if you have realistic sub patterns (which Live didnt have), intelligent CPU franchise AI (which Live didnt have) and good gameplay without having to make tons of tweaks (which neither game had last year). So all this BS about shoes and pregame intros doesnt mean **** to me.

And yes that was one of the silliest things Ive read here. No dumbest but silliest. You even admitted that it was silly.
Quote:
I like Mike Wang. I think the job he did on 2k and Inside Drive was incredible but he isnt Jesus. Even with 2k it took him and the team a few years before the game was a complete experience so I'm not expecting Live to make that big of a leap in one year.

Regarding their best foot forward...what have we actually seen? Ive seen new pregame intros (look great) and a trailer that looked alot like Live09 with the exception of better looking crowd and atmosphere. We've seen a few blogs talking about shoes, jerseys and player intros. Now I'm realistic and know that we wont get a ton of info until September but what they have shown us so far doesnt warrant all the praise its receiving so far imo.
You don't know how bad I wanted to post something like that almost word for word. Difference is I knew I would get ripped to shreds by everyone in here, but you can sort of get away with it due to your higher status on OS. Yes I like the improvements and additions we are seeing, but who cares if the gameplay is still seriously busted. It's perfectly natural to be excited by what you are seeing, but the number of people writing off 2K or declaring that this is a must buy on day 1 just due to a few screens? I don't get that at all. I have to actually see myself that this game has made major strides on the court. I also agree that Mike Wang is incredible at his job, but in just one year I doubt he can take the absolute mess of the old gameplay and make it something amazing. It's a multi-year project for sure. People may just be expecting waaaaay too much from Live this year.

Last edited by thmst30; 07-26-2009 at 03:05 PM.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »