Home

Why I'm Done With NBA Basketball This Year: NBA 2K9

This is a discussion on Why I'm Done With NBA Basketball This Year: NBA 2K9 within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-15-2009, 05:01 PM   #273
GSW
Simnation

GSW's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Why I'm Done With NBA Basketball This Year: NBA 2K9

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankdatazz22
Yeah I didn't phrase that correctly. I think they do make an effort to make the game more appealing to a wider audience, but on some level that has to be expected. And would be expected of most games I would think
MLB The Show doesnt do that though.
Old 04-15-2009, 05:10 PM   #274
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSW
Neither does Forza 2.
Old 04-15-2009, 05:20 PM   #275
All Star

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by totalownership
Well said DC well said on all points.

Furthermore, or rather, specifically in MY case I've been attacking the game all the while people have been attacking ME. A few people here have made it a mission to do so. Up until now I've been pretty much ignoring it, for the most part. I don't think we want to go that route so I suggest everyone keep it about the game. If you're not adult enough to do that I suggest you move on.

So let this be the last of the personal attacks. The last.
lol it was about the game - and your contradictions about it. As I said: if you hate it, fine. But implying the game has no redeeming value while trying to prove your point by saying you play the 5,6,7 times a day - because of friends - is a contradiction imo. All I did was point that out; it wasn't an attack. It's a message board; if you're going to make statements then you expect someone might respond to something you say

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-15-2009, 05:36 PM   #276
Banned

Quote:
lol it was about the game - and your contradictions about it. As I said: if you hate it, fine. But implying the game has no redeeming value while trying to prove your point by saying you play the 5,6,7 times a day - because of friends - is a contradiction imo. All I did was point that out; it wasn't an attack. It's a message board; if you're going to make statements then you expect someone might respond to something you say
I have no problem with someone asking a question but when I've already answered it's a done deal. Case closed. I answered it and explained the reasoning behind the answer. In reality I didn't need to answer squat, as you said, message board not court of law, but once I explained where i was coming from that should have settled it. We all do things for family and friends that we don't always want to do.
Old 04-15-2009, 05:36 PM   #277
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSW
Not sure what that means. That every game needs to be the same? I would think the bottom line for all of these developers is to be profitable. From what I understand, NBA2K9 did well in terms of the units sold, better than it had in years previous. They seem to know what they're doing and have a grasp of what they're doing with the game. I understand it unnerves some people here because all of a sudden people expect reassurances or some sort of acknowledgement of a game's direction. As I've said, I guess because I'm not hardcore basketball fan enough I don't see this drastic "SIM to Arcade" turn some of you feel they've taken. I enjoy the game immensely, as I did last year's and the year before's.

If you were successful at doing something would you change simply because someone else told you to? Shouldn't they be at least given the chance to fail, instead of people assuming that will be the case? Haven't they earned the chance to fail? If The Show had an off year because of [something they did with the game] - haven't they earned the chance to fail? Of course no one wants to see any of them fail. But they've been making good decisions and progressing the game along nicely on their own. I would think it would earn them some benefit of the doubt

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS
Old 04-15-2009, 05:43 PM   #278
Banned

Quote:
Not sure what that means. That every game needs to be the same? I would think the bottom line for all of these developers is to be profitable. From what I understand, NBA2K9 did well in terms of the units sold, better than it had in years previous. They seem to know what they're doing and have a grasp of what they're doing with the game. I understand it unnerves some people here because all of a sudden people expect reassurances or some sort of acknowledgement of a game's direction. As I've said, I guess because I'm not hardcore basketball fan enough I don't see this drastic "SIM to Arcade" turn some of you feel they've taken. I enjoy the game immensely, as I did last year's and the year before's.

If you were successful at doing something would you change simply because someone else told you to? Shouldn't they be at least given the chance to fail, instead of people assuming that will be the case? Haven't they earned the chance to fail? If The Show had an off year because of [something they did with the game] - haven't they earned the chance to fail? Of course no one wants to see any of them fail. But they've been making good decisions and progressing the game along nicely on their own. I would think it would earn them some benefit of the doubt
They've worn out their chances starting around 2K7 or should I say 180 dollars ago.
Old 04-15-2009, 05:54 PM   #279
All Star

Quote:
We all do things for family and friends that we don't always want to do.
ummmm... okay lol

I don't necessarily agree w/the Forza 2 analogy. A true driving SIM is Gran Turismo. But many (including me) don't find Gran Turismo enjoyable because it's too sim. It's to the point where it's too realistic and no longer fun. Of course for some, that's what they want. And it's a popular game, no doubt. But not everyone wants that extreme sim experience. Forza's a good example of a game that has a lot of simulation elements, but isn't so much of a sim that it becomes overbearing imo.

As with The Show. I played the demo on my PS3 and you can feel the polish that went into the game. That said, I have more fun playing MLB2K9 - flaws and all. Perhaps because I'm not a big enough baseball fan to appreciate all the minute details they've put into The Show. Either way I'm just saying - I don't think everything needs to be essentially the same. There will be a market for The Show just as there's a market for MLB2K. Just as there's one for Forza and one for Gran Turismo

Last edited by spankdatazz22; 04-15-2009 at 06:00 PM.
Old 04-15-2009, 05:56 PM   #280
All Star

Quote:
They've worn out their chances starting around 2K7 or should I say 180 dollars ago.
Was it your cousin or your uncle that gave you NBA2K9

sorry, couldn't resist

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »