Home

Why I'm Done With NBA Basketball This Year: NBA 2K9

This is a discussion on Why I'm Done With NBA Basketball This Year: NBA 2K9 within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-12-2009, 05:06 PM   #241
Older

luv_mist's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: Why I'm Done With NBA Basketball This Year: NBA 2K9

Quote:
Originally Posted by o_capone
thats because he is not gonna pull up for a jumper with a defender right there to block him like some people do when using him in the video game...
In all honesty, the game causes some of those stupid blocks and things. I haven't watched Nate's game but I know he doesn't get it smashed like that. Probably one of the harder players to block in the league due to his speed. In the video game, the computer will setup the block automatically like in that video that was posted. Too many times the computer would slow down that jump shot animation in order to screw the user over. Never see that problem on the computer's end. The jumpshot releases on this game are iffy because they are still to slow from the catch and shoot animation.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-12-2009, 09:14 PM   #242
Banned

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv_mist
In all honesty, the game causes some of those stupid blocks and things. I haven't watched Nate's game but I know he doesn't get it smashed like that. Probably one of the harder players to block in the league due to his speed. In the video game, the computer will setup the block automatically like in that video that was posted. Too many times the computer would slow down that jump shot animation in order to screw the user over. Never see that problem on the computer's end. The jumpshot releases on this game are iffy because they are still to slow from the catch and shoot animation.
those same types of animations have happend for me vs the computer with me being the defender... watch this video to see the result...

http://community.2ksports.com/commun...?mediaid=13042

i was the blazers, computer was the raptors... shaq jumped way before iggy... iggy traveled like crazy tho then shaq's arm goes right through him... it does not always happen like that tho, some times you block the CPU's shot on those too...
Old 04-13-2009, 12:21 AM   #243
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv_mist
I gotta double amen and bold this because there is nothing BUT truth being spoken here. I NEVER in my life seen Nate Robinson lay the ball up on the BOTTOM of the rim. In this game it's a guarantee at least twice a game. And I've been watching the Knicks this season closely, my squad, and I can't even recall when anyone has blocked his shot on a jumper. It's just the "stats" say "Hey Nate is open and about to get a shot off and the XYZ's haven't had there share of blocks yet. Do something about that Mr. Animation". And here's Mr. Animation "WTF?!?! Why didn't you tell me a lower team is about to win. I got you. This may , hell , this WILL look ugly but I'll hook something up. I got your back Stat". Then comes the digital equivalent of a barb-wired condom sprinkle with vinegar and salt. Right before you about to "get it" you can hear the faint voice of 2K whispering in your ear, "I can take the stink if you can take the pain"

Last edited by totalownership; 04-13-2009 at 12:27 AM.
Old 04-13-2009, 02:30 AM   #244
All Star

HMcCoy's Arena

OVR: 35

TO, would you be willing to bet 1000 bucks that you didn't try to tap the shoot button for a quicker shot knowing you were down to the last seconds...which culmintated in a pump fake? If there were a cosmic DVR that could rewind and show your fingers, i'd be willing to take that bet that you did, bro. Do you often see jumpers hitch like that?

Luv mist brings up another good point though...shooters with slow releases are at a unrealistic disadvantage in this game. I can't get a 'perfect' release jumper off with Gordon without getting blocked to save my life...
Old 04-13-2009, 08:34 AM   #245
Swiitch U? lol

Rawdeal28's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by totalownership
I gotta double amen and bold this because there is nothing BUT truth being spoken here. I NEVER in my life seen Nate Robinson lay the ball up on the BOTTOM of the rim. In this game it's a guarantee at least twice a game. And I've been watching the Knicks this season closely, my squad, and I can't even recall when anyone has blocked his shot on a jumper. It's just the "stats" say "Hey Nate is open and about to get a shot off and the XYZ's haven't had there share of blocks yet. Do something about that Mr. Animation". And here's Mr. Animation "WTF?!?! Why didn't you tell me a lower team is about to win. I got you. This may , hell , this WILL look ugly but I'll hook something up. I got your back Stat". Then comes the digital equivalent of a barb-wired condom sprinkle with vinegar and salt. Right before you about to "get it" you can hear the faint voice of 2K whispering in your ear, "I can take the stink if you can take the pain"
I'm sure there's plenty of prostitutes you could pay if you really want vd.
Quote:
yea but will they take psn cards
Depends on what area of a hooker you would use to redeem them.

lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-13-2009, 09:10 AM   #246
Older

luv_mist's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMcCoy
TO, would you be willing to bet 1000 bucks that you didn't try to tap the shoot button for a quicker shot knowing you were down to the last seconds...which culmintated in a pump fake? If there were a cosmic DVR that could rewind and show your fingers, i'd be willing to take that bet that you did, bro. Do you often see jumpers hitch like that?

Luv mist brings up another good point though...shooters with slow releases are at a unrealistic disadvantage in this game. I can't get a 'perfect' release jumper off with Gordon without getting blocked to save my life...
I strictly use the shot stick since it's been implemented in 2K6 (I think that's when it was introduced) and I know I've seen that freaking hitch hundreds of times myself. There are just some of those problems in the game that need to be ironed out more. That and those slow drives to the hole after I give a pump fake to get the defense in the air.

On the real, with Ben Gordon, you can create space and play with him slightly like he's a small Michael Jordan with the fades. Best time to hit with him is when there's a break and the defense is trying to recover. Launch a couple from his hot spots and that fool will be on fire all game.
Old 04-13-2009, 07:06 PM   #247
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMcCoy
I'd take that bet in a heartbeat. Trust me it wasn't that. He'll do that alot in this game. I have a play I run where it's a catch and shoot for him. The first time through the play he'll shoot smooth no problem then all of a sudden he starts with the hitching all the while my finger is implanted on the button. Trust me. The only "user error" is me putting this disc in my 360.
Old 04-13-2009, 09:43 PM   #248
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

So why keep committing the same "user error"?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »