Home

NCAA Basketball 09 Impressions

This is a discussion on NCAA Basketball 09 Impressions within the NCAA Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > NCAA Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 11-30-2008, 07:40 PM   #489
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: NCAA Basketball 09 Impressions

Started a dynasty with UH (Univ. of Houston) with 12 min halves on All-Conference.

I'm currently 3-0

Played my first game v.s. Arizona, won 45-43 at the buzzer.

2nd game was v.s. Louisiana Monroe, I won 65-38.

3rd game was v.s. Boise State, i won 58-53, game went down to the final 2 minutes.
Old 11-30-2008, 07:43 PM   #490
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Cool man. Looking to dethrone the mighty Tigers of Memphis? 45-43 at the buzzer? Did you hit a game winning basket or did they miss a basket to tie the game? If you hit a game winner, especially a 3, did you save a vid of it? 'Cause I would like to see that.

Good luck the rest of the way man.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 11-30-2008, 07:53 PM   #491
Rookie

OVR: 2

Thanks CB, and it played out like this.

I was up 43-40 with about 11.2 seconds left. Arizona inbounded the ball, passed it to the corner and Nic Wise (#13) nailed it!

After that about 5 seconds were left.. My PG took it the length of the court and pulled up at the FT line and hit the shot as time expired..It was crazy!

And how do you upload highlights? I'm still learning how to do all this.

I'm not sure if i should up the difficulty to All-American yet..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-30-2008, 07:58 PM   #492
MVP

K_rob11's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
Holy Crap that must've been an amazing, anxiety riddled game. I hope that I don't have that come down to a single play like that, not sure I could handle it. Did you save a video of the blocked shot?

Glad you're enjoying the game.

Like I've said, its not perfect, not by any stretch of the word. But it does enough right to be an extraordinarily fun game on the court and is just deep enough in dynasty mode to allow me to play multiple upon multiple seasons.

There's a lot of little things that they need to tweak/tune/add to become truly great, but the good thing is that they have a solid foundation in which to work with.
No, I didn't save a video. Let me tell you what made it even more exciting. I was playing with some serious pressure from my wife...I had 15 minutes to get ready for a wedding we had to go to (her boss' wedding!) and she was calling me from upstairs to tell me that i better get ready soon and that we better NOT BE LATE TO THE WEDDING! Put it this way....if he would have made the shot and put the game into overtime, I wouldn't be able to play the OT period and would have to shut the game and lose all that hard work . I don't re-play games so if i would have had to turn it off, i would have just simmed the game and i know it would have probably been a loss. Right after I blocked the shot i threw my hands in the air and saved my franchise, turned off the xbox, got ready on time, and managed to get to the wedding on time! I think it was one of my better moments!
Old 11-30-2008, 07:59 PM   #493
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by USAbball
Thanks CB, and it played out like this.

I was up 43-40 with about 11.2 seconds left. Arizona inbounded the ball, passed it to the corner and Nic Wise (#13) nailed it!

After that about 5 seconds were left.. My PG took it the length of the court and pulled up at the FT line and hit the shot as time expired..It was crazy!

And how do you upload highlights? I'm still learning how to do all this.

I'm not sure if i should up the difficulty to All-American yet..
once you save the replay. Go to "My NCAA" and go to "Highlight Reel" and find the video you want to upload and then press the triangle button on PS3(not sure which button it is for 360). Once done, go to easportsworld.com, find your video and copy the embed code, and paste it here.

If you don't have an account with EASW, it should prompt you to set one up.

Old 11-30-2008, 08:00 PM   #494
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_rob11
No, I didn't save a video. Let me tell you what made it even more exciting. I was playing with some serious pressure from my wife...I had 15 minutes to get ready for a wedding we had to go to (her boss' wedding!) and she was calling me from upstairs to tell me that i better get ready soon and that we better NOT BE LATE TO THE WEDDING! Put it this way....if he would have made the shot and put the game into overtime, I wouldn't be able to play the OT period and would have to shut the game and lose all that hard work . I don't re-play games so if i would have had to turn it off, i would have just simmed the game and i know it would have probably been a loss. Right after I blocked the shot i threw my hands in the air and saved my franchise, turned off the xbox, got ready on time, and managed to get to the wedding on time! I think it was one of my better moments!

Pressure from the wife is brutal.

Old 11-30-2008, 08:14 PM   #495
NBA 2K Gameplay Producer, Offensive AI System - SIM NATION

Da_Czar's Arena

OVR: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_rob11
Thats getting it done under pressure Krob these single kats don't know nothing about that. I could see you getting ready now replaying the victory in your mind . Wife is like what you smiling about....Oh nothing babe just glad we made it in time ....
Catch me on that #SimNation #SimHangOut Friday's @ 10:00 pm est https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...N7yxMiElOpMl_B
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-30-2008, 09:13 PM   #496
MVP

K_rob11's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
Thats getting it done under pressure Krob these single kats don't know nothing about that. I could see you getting ready now replaying the victory in your mind . Wife is like what you smiling about....Oh nothing babe just glad we made it in time ....
lol...i actually didnt have time to think about it while getting ready....i was rushing hard to leave on time.....but i have to admit that i was thinking about my accomplishment during the wedding....lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > NCAA Basketball »