Home

NCAA Basketball 09 Impressions

This is a discussion on NCAA Basketball 09 Impressions within the NCAA Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > NCAA Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 11-29-2008, 04:29 PM   #465
All Star

crques's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: NCAA Basketball 09 Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinfan31
I didn't see a glitch thread, so I'm going to try to post this here. I was playing with Syracuse when I called a timeout to slow the cpu momentum and make a few subs. After inbounding the ball I had 6 players on the court. All 6 remained on the court until the next timeout.

Bear with me because I never posted a picture on here before. Hopefully this works.

www.easportsworld.com/en_US/photo/2454135

There is a glitch thread but I haven't seen too many glitches or bugs reported. Anyone else had a player that will not move during gameplay? I was using Vandy and their SG #1 was standing in the same spot and wouldn't move on offense or defense. I passed him the ball hoping to take control of him and then he wouldn't pass or move or nothing. I burned a timeout and he ran right back out on the floor and stood still again. I tried 3 different games and it's happened in all 3. Anyone else seeing something like this?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-29-2008, 04:31 PM   #466
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by michigan21
Maybe you should try 2k8's legacy mode to give yourself perspective on EA '09 before talking. I think '09 is a step in the right direction, but nowhere close to 2k8.
Excuse me? Why do I need to check out 2k8 before talking? Nowhere did I say that '09 was better than 2k8, not even close. All I said was that I don't think that '09's dynasty mode is as shallow as people are making it out to be.

Before trying to put me in my place for what I say, learn to comprehend what it is I am saying.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 11-29-2008, 04:32 PM   #467
All Star

crques's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
This is one reason why I am enjoying the hell out of this game. Here are the final scores of my games thus far in my dynasty. Every game has been played with the same sliders and on the All-American difficulty level:

Morehead State: 77-54 W
Western Kentucky: 76-49 W
Indiana State: 88-60 W
Ohio: 75-68 W
Lamar: 63-49 W
Austin Peay: 75-62 W
Ole Miss: 72-52 W

Every game has a different flow and a different feel. The first 3 games I dominated for the most part. May have stubbed my toe early on or for a stretch or so, but never did I feel as though I was going to lose. The Ohio game scared the daylights out of me as they couldn't miss from behind the arc. They shot lights out and kept themselves in the game. The Austin Peay game, I trailed by 8 with 5 minutes to go and had to put together a 12-2 run in a 2 minute span to take the lead for good. The Ole Miss game, probably one of the better teams I've played, was pretty much over after the first 5 minutes. I jumped out by double digits before mid way thru the opening half and never did they cut the lead to single digits.

Damn, I am loving this game.

You might have mentioned this before cb, but what level are you playing on, camera angle are you using, and have you adjusted any sliders? I've been trying to like this game for 4 days now and I'm struggling to do so. I've tried different levels and teams and I'm just not having fun with it. One of my biggest problems is that the animations feel like they are computer controlled and once I start making a move to the basket I know longer control my guy or what happens. It's almost like I'm sucked into one of those special moves that players used to do on the old Sega Genesis NBA games. Something just looks and feels odd about the game to me. The player models are awkward looking and the jumpshots look really funny.
Old 11-29-2008, 04:38 PM   #468
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by crques
You might have mentioned this before cb, but what level are you playing on, camera angle are you using, and have you adjusted any sliders? I've been trying to like this game for 4 days now and I'm struggling to do so. I've tried different levels and teams and I'm just not having fun with it. One of my biggest problems is that the animations feel like they are computer controlled and once I start making a move to the basket I know longer control my guy or what happens. It's almost like I'm sucked into one of those special moves that players used to do on the old Sega Genesis NBA games. Something just looks and feels odd about the game to me. The player models are awkward looking and the jumpshots look really funny.
These are the sliders I've used for every dynasty game. I play with the Broadcast camera with modifications. I have the camera zoomed in a bit, but would have to look at where the slider is exactly.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...n-sliders.html

Yeah, the canned animations are annoying. They need to get rid of them. But after a couple of games, I got used to them and learned how to deal with them. The jumpshots don't bother me. I know others have mentioned the same thing as you've mentioned and that they don't "elevate" but its not something that bothers me or that I even notice.

Old 11-29-2008, 07:03 PM   #469
Banned

OVR: 14

Finally picked up this game after messing with the demo for weeks and being more than satisfied with Live. It's the best game ever!! j/k but seriously I did pick it up. Only have played one game so far, and won with Michigan St against Michigan 42-40. I can see what people are saying. I like the game and sure if has its flaws, but its a nice little college bball game... IMO this game compliments Live well and both these games are only going to get better in the next years.
Old 11-29-2008, 07:18 PM   #470
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walker8
Finally picked up this game after messing with the demo for weeks and being more than satisfied with Live. It's the best game ever!! j/k but seriously I did pick it up. Only have played one game so far, and won with Michigan St against Michigan 42-40. I can see what people are saying. I like the game and sure if has its flaws, but its a nice little college bball game... IMO this game compliments Live well and both these games are only going to get better in the next years.
I would've probably picked up Live if you could export draft classes. That is an absolute must next year. No questions asked.

Old 11-29-2008, 08:02 PM   #471
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

Finally started my UConn legacy today, great first game. At home against Western Carolina I won 94-59. Thabeet had 23 points, 21 boards and 4 blocks.

I started up 12-0 and 37-9 before they started knocking down tons of threes as my guards stopped hustling on D (not sure if this is the sink or swim slider coming into effect) and Western Carolina cut the lead to 14 at the half.

I then put the press on in the second half and blew them away, though my D was never as tight as it was the first ten minutes of the game and WC drained 11 three's.

I actually had 11 offensive rebounds too, imagine that.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-29-2008, 08:08 PM   #472
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
Finally started my UConn legacy today, great first game. At home against Western Carolina I won 94-59. Thabeet had 23 points, 21 boards and 4 blocks.

I started up 12-0 and 37-9 before they started knocking down tons of threes as my guards stopped hustling on D (not sure if this is the sink or swim slider coming into effect) and Western Carolina cut the lead to 14 at the half.

I then put the press on in the second half and blew them away, though my D was never as tight as it was the first ten minutes of the game and WC drained 11 three's.

I actually had 11 offensive rebounds too, imagine that.
What is the sink/swim slider? I mean, what is its function?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > NCAA Basketball »