Home

NCAA Basketball 09 Impressions

This is a discussion on NCAA Basketball 09 Impressions within the NCAA Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > NCAA Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 11-28-2008, 12:43 PM   #449
MVP

K_rob11's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: NCAA Basketball 09 Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
3 games into my new updated dynasty(authentic schedules, post patch) and I am absolutely loving this game. 3 different games, 3 different flows.

Morehead State was a nip and tuck game through the first half as the score was 31-25 me at the half. In the 2nd half, we flexed our muscles, settled down against their 1-3-1 and put up 46 second half points onto a 77-54 victory. We opened the second half on a 18-0 run.

Next was Western Kentucky and the rout was on from the beginning. I opened up 15-0 on them and they burned 2 timeouts in the first 5 minutes. I led 41-26 after the half. Second half was pretty much the same although they crept back in after I put in the bench(Steiden played 7 minutes) and I cruised to a 76-49 victory.

Last game I played was vs Indiana State and we struggled in the first 8 minutes or so. Couldn't get into rhythm offensively, turned the ball over too often and let them hang around. I was up only 10 at the half. The second half, just like the MSU game, we flexed our muscles and routed them 88-60. We were up 37 before we put in the bench and they went on a 12-4 run in the last 4 minutes.

Damn, I am loving this game.
nice read! especially since this is like the slowest day I ever had at work!

But yeah, I can't wait to get my dynasty started tonight (since the patch is apparently out for the 360 now. I only wish they had online dynasties this year! I would love to be in a college basketball dynasty with some of you guys!
Old 11-28-2008, 01:32 PM   #450

Marino's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
3 games into my new updated dynasty(authentic schedules, post patch) and I am absolutely loving this game. 3 different games, 3 different flows.

Morehead State was a nip and tuck game through the first half as the score was 31-25 me at the half. In the 2nd half, we flexed our muscles, settled down against their 1-3-1 and put up 46 second half points onto a 77-54 victory. We opened the second half on a 18-0 run.

Next was Western Kentucky and the rout was on from the beginning. I opened up 15-0 on them and they burned 2 timeouts in the first 5 minutes. I led 41-26 after the half. Second half was pretty much the same although they crept back in after I put in the bench(Steiden played 7 minutes) and I cruised to a 76-49 victory.

Last game I played was vs Indiana State and we struggled in the first 8 minutes or so. Couldn't get into rhythm offensively, turned the ball over too often and let them hang around. I was up only 10 at the half. The second half, just like the MSU game, we flexed our muscles and routed them 88-60. We were up 37 before we put in the bench and they went on a 12-4 run in the last 4 minutes.

Don't you just love the battles you get into when you play the lower level teams. Man when they get the 3 pointers going it becomes a tough match.
Old 11-28-2008, 01:58 PM   #451
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by marino13882
Don't you just love the battles you get into when you play the lower level teams. Man when they get the 3 pointers going it becomes a tough match.
Yeah I'm in one now. I am up by like 12 right now, but Ohio U is hanging tough as they are 6 of 8 from behind the arc right now. And 4 have been contested.

Thats ok though, our defensive pressure is starting to get to them and we have them playing up and down basketball now and they don't like that very much.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-28-2008, 02:16 PM   #452
Livin' the dream

Stumbleweed's Arena

OVR: 39

Yeah I love that basically any game can be a "trap game" if you don't stick to your gameplan and play well. Any of those scrubby teams can get hot and put a scare into you -- I lost 52-50 to Georgia Southern as LSU because I made some dumb mistakes towards the end of the game after basically coasting through the first 3 quarters while expecting to be able to turn it on at the end. I took some bad shots early in the clock instead of running a set in the 3rd quarter and I know that ended up burying me.
Old 11-28-2008, 02:43 PM   #453
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

I survived against Ohio, 75-68. They wouldn't go away and I couldn't put them away. Poor guard play on my end and terrific guard play on their end caused this game to be closer than I would've liked. Ohio hit 10/17 from behind the arc to make this game entertaining. My guards played poorly and since they were playing the 1-3-1, it was tough getting the ball inside most of the night. Damn, that was both exciting and aggrevating at the same time.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 11-28-2008, 03:20 PM   #454

Marino's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
I survived against Ohio, 75-68. They wouldn't go away and I couldn't put them away. Poor guard play on my end and terrific guard play on their end caused this game to be closer than I would've liked. Ohio hit 10/17 from behind the arc to make this game entertaining. My guards played poorly and since they were playing the 1-3-1, it was tough getting the ball inside most of the night. Damn, that was both exciting and aggrevating at the same time.

I am playing this game right now against UNC Greensboro and have pretty much blown them out of the water. So much of a difference from a high tempo team. This team plays a balanced style and I play half court so I can pretty much set up my offense every time and they can't get anything going on offense.

I will put the update on this game when I am done in my Dynasty page. Its 47-28 in the second half right now. I love playing 20 minute halfs without having crazy high scores.
Old 11-28-2008, 03:27 PM   #455
MVP

K_rob11's Arena

OVR: 21

[quote=marino13882;2038946151] Its 47-28 in the second half right now. I love playing 20 minute halfs without having crazy high scores.[/quote]

I love this as well. It really makes me feel like i am playing and managing a real game instead of a shortened version of it.

Btw, nice dynasty thread you have going on there...I will be following.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-29-2008, 04:50 AM   #456
Rookie

xxslim502xx's Arena

OVR: 5

well this game is going back, i tried to give it a chance...ive messed with sliders and everything this game is just horrible, its a step up from 08...the core engine is ok..but the animations need to go everything is so stiff and canned, it feels like you have no control over anything you do it takes 2 seconds for the game to react to your controller input...2k8 is lightyears ahead of this in gameplay...sure the graphics are nice, besides all the players look like crackheads, but hopefully 2k brings back 2k10 next year for a REAL basketball game...and im not a EA ***** i like the ea football games the basketball franchises just need ALOT of work...

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > NCAA Basketball »