Home

NCAA Basketball 09 Impressions

This is a discussion on NCAA Basketball 09 Impressions within the NCAA Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > NCAA Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 11-21-2008, 10:52 AM   #313
MVP

K_rob11's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: NCAA Basketball 09 Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportdan30
I agree K_rob, however Nessler does point out the player who has the hot hand in his commnetary. Generally, it's after a made basket by the CPU player. Last night, Curry hit three in a row and immediately they made a comment that's he's got the hot hand and everything should go through him.

But, there's no excuse not to have the player's names under them.
Do they say his name (or number) or do they just say, "he's" got the hot hand? Because if thats the case, I might not even know who just shot the ball and I would have to stop the game, go to replay and see who Nessler is talking about.
Old 11-21-2008, 10:55 AM   #314
Rookie

scdb12's Arena

OVR: 5
go irish-it should tell you I dont know off-hand. Yeah the Dynasty points are for the season. If you have a good season though you will earn a lot of points. Focus on winning all of you AD challenges and doing all of the recruiting task that the AD wants you to do.

NCAA FOOTBALL 09 is $49.99 at TARGET!!!!!!!
Old 11-21-2008, 11:28 AM   #315
MVP

sportdan30's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_rob11
Do they say his name (or number) or do they just say, "he's" got the hot hand? Because if thats the case, I might not even know who just shot the ball and I would have to stop the game, go to replay and see who Nessler is talking about.
Well, I haven't uploaded any rosters as of yet. But from what I hear, unfortunately they do not call out player's name from the other team. Heck, I'm not even sure they call your player's name either. Someone said the PA announcer does announce the name, but how often can you really make out what the PA announcer is saying? It's not a game breaker for me, but I can understand how others would be put off by it.

It's little things like this that have me shaking my head. Why they feel it's not important to call the players name during game play is disturbing. My thinking is that they only had a limited time with Nessler and Vitale and so they went with game play commentary instead.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-21-2008, 11:50 AM   #316
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Nessler does call out the players name sometimes. Not as much as needed or as you would see in an actual broadcast but he does call out the names. I haven't heard Vitale call a name yet.

Again, its one of those small things that doesn't really detract from the gameplay for me, but is something I hope they fix/work on for next year.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 11-21-2008, 12:10 PM   #317
MVP

sportdan30's Arena

OVR: 13

That's very good to hear CB. I honestly don't think the commentary is that bad. Heck, parts of me enjoys it. The original crew from CH was outstanding, but the inclusion of Rafterty didn't sound very authentic. He sounded a bit like Vitale does in this game. But, even Vitale doesn't sound that bad. I actually like this better than Madden's commentary.

Now Erin Andrew's commentary is much too generic for my tastes.
Old 11-21-2008, 12:31 PM   #318
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportdan30
That's very good to hear CB. I honestly don't think the commentary is that bad. Heck, parts of me enjoys it. The original crew from CH was outstanding, but the inclusion of Rafterty didn't sound very authentic. He sounded a bit like Vitale does in this game. But, even Vitale doesn't sound that bad. I actually like this better than Madden's commentary.

Now Erin Andrew's commentary is much too generic for my tastes.
Agreed about Andrew's commentary. Sometimes, I honestly don't know what in the hell she's talking about.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 11-21-2008, 12:57 PM   #319
All Star

crques's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
Agreed about Andrew's commentary. Sometimes, I honestly don't know what in the hell she's talking about.
Too bad they didn't include a picture of her on the game to show when her commentary starts up. Then I wouldn't care what in the hell she was talking about.
Old 11-21-2008, 12:58 PM   #320
CEO - BSG Network

Behindshadows's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
She's hot and blonde....does it really matter what's shes talking about..

Quote:
Too bad they didn't include a picture of her on the game to show when her commentary starts up. Then I wouldn't care what in the hell she was talking about.
Actually they did, it pops up at the bottom of the screen sometimes...its random.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > NCAA Basketball »