Home

NCAA Basketball 09 Impressions

This is a discussion on NCAA Basketball 09 Impressions within the NCAA Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > NCAA Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 11-21-2008, 08:39 AM   #297
Banned

OVR: 17
Re: NCAA Basketball 09 Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoop 24
most people are not gonna play a dynasty without real rosters
I will play the dynasty mainly because the "Don't" have real roster. I'm finding that the teams don't really play like their real life counter parts. So using fake names or numbers lowers my expectation of how a team should play so not having real rosters is fine with me.
Old 11-21-2008, 08:40 AM   #298
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTPack919
I swear the more you play, the better this game gets. I just lost in a blowout as Winthrop and it was one of the most satisfying feelings I ever got from playing a video game. Even while I was getting blown out I just couldn't stop thinking how fun it was.
I agree with you, I find I am playing this more and more kinda grows on me.
Old 11-21-2008, 09:04 AM   #299
All Star

crques's Arena

OVR: 36

No one is mentioning this but it's something that really bothered me in the demo. Are all made jumpshots nothing but net? In the demo I never saw a made jumpshot go in with any variety. They were all swished. Is this something that has changed on the retail version. The demo reminded me of Doube Dribble when it came to making jumpshots and how they all were swished.
Old 11-21-2008, 09:13 AM   #300
Rookie

OVR: 1

Sorry to bug guys but I would like to see if someone can help me here picked this game up yesterday started a dynasty and when i am recruiting it lets me offer a scholorship to some players but some other players i want to offer it is grayed out but i am high on there list and help here would be great thanks
Old 11-21-2008, 09:27 AM   #301
Rookie

scdb12's Arena

OVR: 5
go irish you only have a certain amount of scholarships so when they are grayed out it is because you dont have anymore scholarships to give out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-21-2008, 09:32 AM   #302
Rookie

OVR: 1

thats what i thought at first i have offered 3 players and it shows i have 5 scholorships so to me it shows i have 2 more to hand out
Old 11-21-2008, 09:47 AM   #303
Bills Mafia!!

racerx's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by crques
No one is mentioning this but it's something that really bothered me in the demo. Are all made jumpshots nothing but net? In the demo I never saw a made jumpshot go in with any variety. They were all swished. Is this something that has changed on the retail version. The demo reminded me of Doube Dribble when it came to making jumpshots and how they all were swished.
Crques,
I have seen a few hit the rim then roll around and go in, but the majority are swishes. I have yet to see one bank off the backboard though.
NCAA Basketball - UK Wildcats
Old 11-21-2008, 09:49 AM   #304
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomPain
I thought I read somewhere early on that there didn't seem to be many fouls. Has anyone tried a slider adjustment and if so, are there more realistic fouls? Do you see charges as well as blocking fouls? Shooting fouls? Over the back? What about reaching in?
With sliders turned up all the way you or the cpu could easily foul out. I have had to turn a few of them down. You can find a level you're happy with I'm sure. This has always been a BIG issue for me and EA has some sliders that work well for a change IMO.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > NCAA Basketball »