Home

NCAA Basetball 09 Demo Available, Impressions Here

This is a discussion on NCAA Basetball 09 Demo Available, Impressions Here within the NCAA Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > NCAA Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 11-11-2008, 07:02 PM   #233
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Re: NCAA Basetball 09 Demo Available, Impressions Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowld
is it just me or is it almost impossible to grab an offensive rebound in this gm?
it is difficult which is something I prefer vs it being far too easy. As I've played the demo more and more, I've been able to snag a few offensive rebounds. The last "game" I played as UNC vs UK, I grabbed 3 and they had 4, although 2 or 3 of theirs were because I was being silly.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 11-11-2008, 07:59 PM   #234
cdj
Rookie

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowld
is it just me or is it almost impossible to grab an offensive rebound in this gm?
Once you select someone near the hoop, hit L2 (PS3, I think that's the right button) to box-out. That should help you get more rebounds overall, not just offensive.
Old 11-12-2008, 12:13 AM   #235
MVP

zpq12's Arena

OVR: 9

I know someone already said it, but this game makes me feel like I'm playing the older, looser College Hoops games, like 2K3. I like that. I've played nothing but 2K basketball games since about 2004, but I like this so far. I wish I had a better idea of how to use the controls, both the crossovers on the perimeter and moves in the post. I hope I can get more fouls in the retail version though. I am quite fond of the way that Tennessee presses. It feels more organic than CHoops. The whole game feels looser, and for a college basketball game, that is a good thing in my opinionI like it so far, but I think I will haunt this board for a week or so after release and see what the general feeling is. Might trade in 2K9 for it. BTW - does anyone know what camera view will be closer to the 2K camera? I like the floor cam, but it needs to be higher in the air, because sometimes I have trouble seeing whats going on in the post. Will I be able to adjust the height of the camera? Does anyone care to adjust a better camera? I prefer something that trails the offense.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-12-2008, 12:14 AM   #236
All Star

HustlinOwl's Arena

OVR: 50

Did you try the overhead cam?
Old 11-12-2008, 12:17 AM   #237
MVP

zpq12's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by HustlinOwl
Did you try the overhead cam?
No. But I will.
Old 11-12-2008, 07:58 PM   #238
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22

I just downloaded the demo. First game was Kentucky (me) @ Michigan State. Won the game 20-9. It was fun. I really missed the seperate shoot and dunk/lay-up buttons. Really gives better control over what type of shot I attempt. I'm a button shooter anyways. Feel like the shot animation is a bit too fast as I generally base my release on how it looks. I guess I'll get used to that.

I'm currently trying to figure out to properly execute the plays that I call but I'll get there.

Last edited by NoleFan; 11-12-2008 at 08:28 PM.
Old 11-12-2008, 08:41 PM   #239
Rookie

OVR: 1

something ive noticed and it may be just because i havnet played it enough (just once since downloading and what ive seen in videos posted) that the dunks are kind of week. i have not seen a dunk where the players hangs on the rim. i want to see nasty, power, hang on the rim dunks. not every time but a good mix.
Old 11-13-2008, 01:50 AM   #240
Pro

pistonpete's Arena

OVR: 8

does anyone know if player lock is included as an option?

pete

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > NCAA Basketball »