Home

NCAA Basetball 09 Demo Available, Impressions Here

This is a discussion on NCAA Basetball 09 Demo Available, Impressions Here within the NCAA Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > NCAA Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 11-08-2008, 05:28 PM   #201
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: NCAA Basetball 09 Demo Available, Impressions Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomba
From the last time I played the game they have fixed a lot of the graphical integrity of it by a bunch. the crowd etc all move more smooth.

As far as gameplay? It's a demo and FEELS like a demo. I was surprised to not see sliders or camera adjustments?
I didn't see sliders, but you can adjust the camera. On the 360 version, on the team select screen, press "A" and the next screen is where you choose the difficulty and the camera angle.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-08-2008, 08:58 PM   #202
All Star

poster's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
I don't use the L2 button much on defense as everytime I do, I seem to give up the drive.
I have mixed results when using it, will probably just take some practice. Thanks for the reply.
Old 11-08-2008, 09:52 PM   #203
Rookie

GetYaWeigtUp's Arena

OVR: 8

Are there any nice features like Online Dynasty in NCAA Football?
Old 11-08-2008, 11:05 PM   #204
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by GetYaWeigtUp
Are there any nice features like Online Dynasty in NCAA Football?
no online dynasty.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 11-09-2008, 04:25 AM   #205
Hall of Fame

JohnDoe8865's Arena

OVR: 59

After more time with the demo, I think I'm gonna play it cool and wait and see what the OS guys have to say about it for a couple weeks and then pick it up if the guys here don't find too many issues or any key gripes that would turn me off from the game. That $60 is coming harder and harder these days, so before I cash out for NCAA 09, I definetly want to hear some impressions from you guys that are day one buyers.

Call it "Madden syndrome", LOL.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-09-2008, 12:08 PM   #206
All Star

crques's Arena

OVR: 36

Well after playing about 5 or 6 more games of the demo (PS3), I'm officially sold. I've enjoyed nearly all of the games that I've played so far, with my favorite being the 19-18 win over Michigan State with Jordan's 3-pointer at the buzzer. This demo is much better than I anticipated and I'm eager to pick up the retail version for my college basketball fix this season. I've seen some really nice features and animations that I wasn't expecting and it doesn't seem like anything has been overdone as with EA basketball games of the past (such as stupid player celebrations with mascots after made baskets, LOL). I was a little worried about the inclusion of the coach popups and also tempo wondering if they would have too much of an impact on gameplay but they seem to have been nicely done. I just hope the retail version doesn't have a bunch of glaring issues like NCAA Football. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for the next week in anticipation.
Old 11-09-2008, 12:34 PM   #207
MVP

Garrett67's Arena

OVR: 20
Wow, Dick Vitale sounds like an impersonator and not a good one.

I know its supposed to be him, but he doesn't sound good at all.
Old 11-09-2008, 12:36 PM   #208
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

I moved up to All-American for three games this morning and it plays even better than All-Conference. My first game on AA I got smoked by Michigan State, 17-4, using UNC.

I came back with Tenn and won at UK 16-13. Won the last game with Tenn at home over UK 17-15. I love that I can play on the hardest level and there is absolutely no cheesy feeling or unfair/unrealistic advantage for the CPU. The CPU was more aggressive and made more open shots but nothing too crazy.

I am having a ton of fun with the game and really looking forward to the retail.

I've probably played 20-25 games so far, three issues that are bothering me a bit are...

1) There seem to be some very suspect player control fouls. Both players will go up in the air together in a situation that should probably be a no-call or at worst a defensive foul, yet it is an offensive foul.

2) There is a whistle, dead ball and we cut to one team is taking out of bounds - cept I have no clue what the whistle was for. Traveling? Three in the key? Offensive foul? 5-seconds closely guarded? No graphic overlay on the screen and nothing from the commentary crew. I hope this is fixed for the retail. This is what's irking me the most so far.

3) There are very few offensive rebounds from what I've seen so far.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > NCAA Basketball »