Home

NCAA Basetball 09 Demo Available, Impressions Here

This is a discussion on NCAA Basetball 09 Demo Available, Impressions Here within the NCAA Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > NCAA Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 11-09-2008, 12:37 PM   #209
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: NCAA Basetball 09 Demo Available, Impressions Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
no online dynasty.
It would be a must own if it did.... I just hope it comes through. Also is there multi player dynasty?

EDIT: Wow.. a reason why too many games at once destroys the brain. I had already replied in a different thread about this. There is no multiplayer dynasty = Cancel my reservation.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS

Last edited by Skyboxer; 11-09-2008 at 12:52 PM. Reason: Answered my own question
Old 11-09-2008, 12:49 PM   #210
MVP

OVR: 10

Minor annoying gripe for UK fans..****pp Arena court logo is wrong (it is an older one from 5 years or so ago). 2k6-2k8 had it wrong too. I guess that UK is sending out old court photos?
Attached Images
File Type: bmp rupp-edit(1).bmp (88.1 KB, 119 views)

Last edited by Rasco11; 11-09-2008 at 12:49 PM. Reason: misspelling
Old 11-09-2008, 01:31 PM   #211
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
I moved up to All-American for three games this morning and it plays even better than All-Conference. My first game on AA I got smoked by Michigan State, 17-4, using UNC.

I came back with Tenn and won at UK 16-13. Won the last game with Tenn at home over UK 17-15. I love that I can play on the hardest level and there is absolutely no cheesy feeling or unfair/unrealistic advantage for the CPU. The CPU was more aggressive and made more open shots but nothing too crazy.

I am having a ton of fun with the game and really looking forward to the retail.

I've probably played 20-25 games so far, three issues that are bothering me a bit are...

1) There seem to be some very suspect player control fouls. Both players will go up in the air together in a situation that should probably be a no-call or at worst a defensive foul, yet it is an offensive foul.

2) There is a whistle, dead ball and we cut to one team is taking out of bounds - cept I have no clue what the whistle was for. Traveling? Three in the key? Offensive foul? 5-seconds closely guarded? No graphic overlay on the screen and nothing from the commentary crew. I hope this is fixed for the retail. This is what's irking me the most so far.

3) There are very few offensive rebounds from what I've seen so far.
Yeah, I am loving the All-American difficulty and it seems that the scoring is on a realistic pace for 20 minute halves. The highest total one team has had is 26 and that was the cpu when I was getting the hang of the controls.

As for your 3 concerns I agree. In regards to #1, I just pass it off as the offensive player pushing off or something along those lines. I know it doesn't make sense, but in my little world, it keeps me content.

#2, I hate this as well. I have no idea whats going on. I just wait to see who's clapping and who is getting the ball out of bounds.

#3 Agreed again, although as much as I hate sliders, I am hoping that sliders will cure this ailment.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-09-2008, 03:18 PM   #212
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

I love knowing that I can have an inside/out attack with this game. I am looking forward to pounding the ball inside to Samuels and having him kick it out for the open trey to one of my shooters like Smith, McGee, Sosa, Delk, Scott. Oh man, hurry up November 18th, I anxiously await your arrival.

Old 11-09-2008, 03:48 PM   #213
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrett67
Wow, Dick Vitale sounds like an impersonator and not a good one.

I know its supposed to be him, but he doesn't sound good at all.
that dude should have been gone 3 years ago.

he's saying the same damn lines that was on mm 07 and i guess it saves ea time and money but seriously i don't know how anyone can listen to him after 2 games let alone an entire dynasty season.
Old 11-09-2008, 04:15 PM   #214
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by evarts2616
that dude should have been gone 3 years ago.

he's saying the same damn lines that was on mm 07 and i guess it saves ea time and money but seriously i don't know how anyone can listen to him after 2 games let alone an entire dynasty season.
the gameplay is good enough that I'll either tune him out or turn off commentary. But honestly, I like Dickie V. He's college basketball.

Old 11-09-2008, 06:44 PM   #215
87%

ty5oke's Arena

OVR: 25

Just played a few games of the demo, definitely an improvement over past EA bball games I've played. With that being said, I'm not to crazy about the feel and movement of the players. Something just doesn't quite feel right to me. I'll probably stick to choops for this year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-09-2008, 06:51 PM   #216
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

I just played an insane game. After 8 minutes of basketball, the score was 0-0. Horrible shooting by both UK and Tennessee in this game.

I cannot wait until this game drops.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > NCAA Basketball »