Home

NCAA Basetball 09 Demo Available, Impressions Here

This is a discussion on NCAA Basetball 09 Demo Available, Impressions Here within the NCAA Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > NCAA Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 11-10-2008, 09:06 PM   #225
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Re: NCAA Basetball 09 Demo Available, Impressions Here

I am loving how both myself and the cpu are missing wide open jumpers. Having way too much fun with just a demo. Way too much fun.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-10-2008, 09:50 PM   #226
Rookie

OVR: 2

I think I played the demo the first day it was released on my PS3. I didn't like it and deleted it off my system. I thought the player models looked way too weird and everything looked too dark.

I started to read some of the positive responses on this board and thought they were crazy. Nevertheless, I downloaded the demo again to give it a second chance.

Outside of some issues that have already been mentioned, I am sold and can't wait for the full retail version. I think what turned me off the first time were the older games with the players in those short shorts. It just looked like the player models were not complete or something.

But then I played with a more current team, and although I'm not completely sold on the models, it just had a better appeal to me the 2nd time around. The crowd noise, stadium, and most of the gameplay is great. I'm having a blast with the demo now.

So anyone that said forget it after trying it initially, give it a 2nd look. Thumbs up!!

Last edited by MrMaddog; 11-10-2008 at 09:53 PM. Reason: Spelling errors
Old 11-11-2008, 12:24 AM   #227
Darkness!!!

DirtyJerz32's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMaddog
I think I played the demo the first day it was released on my PS3. I didn't like it and deleted it off my system. I thought the player models looked way too weird and everything looked too dark.

I started to read some of the positive responses on this board and thought they were crazy. Nevertheless, I downloaded the demo again to give it a second chance.

Outside of some issues that have already been mentioned, I am sold and can't wait for the full retail version. I think what turned me off the first time were the older games with the players in those short shorts. It just looked like the player models were not complete or something.

But then I played with a more current team, and although I'm not completely sold on the models, it just had a better appeal to me the 2nd time around. The crowd noise, stadium, and most of the gameplay is great. I'm having a blast with the demo now.

So anyone that said forget it after trying it initially, give it a 2nd look. Thumbs up!!
This is another reason why I have feel in love with this email. The short shorts on all time teams is great. I can't wait until this game comes out. This may be played more than Live & 2K9.

Twitch: DirtyJerz32

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS
No longer shall you be referred to as DirtyJerz32, but simply BOSS -
Old 11-11-2008, 12:48 AM   #228
Pro

OVR: 9

The demo seems solid, the only thing i'm not sold on is the defense. To me, this was live 09's sore point and NCAA does seem more responsive in this manner, but its hard to tell until the full version is out.
Old 11-11-2008, 12:52 AM   #229
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave374
Are you kidding?
Once a game is out as a demo, its already gold and shipped.
There will be no changes to the game ... but remember, this is only a demo.
A demo can never match up to the full game.
actually, many game developers have to plan out demo's well beforehand. therefore, they are usually a mostly complete build of the final game. (i'd say anywhere from 80-90% complete build)
You can tell from other games that have seen changes from the demo builds.
Old 11-11-2008, 10:37 AM   #230
MVP

Mos1ted's Arena

OVR: 21

I think the demo is solid - way better than I expected. I think what I like most about the game is the pace. It definitely mimics what we're use to seeing on televised college basketball games. Is it a buy for me? I'm not quite sure. I've been a little hesitant buying EA Sports games lately (and rightfully so). If the overall consensus is positive once the retail game drops, I may consider it. I'm not having any fun with College Hoops anymore. The more I play NBA 2K9, the more I realize what is missing in College Hoops. It's a shame it won't be around this year, but maybe, just maybe, NCAA Basketball can fill that void even if it's temporarily.
Old 11-11-2008, 11:54 AM   #231
Banned

OVR: 14

Pretty cool. Sideline and atmosphere from the crowd seems to be somewhat toned down from some of the cut scenes you see. Game is also too dark and lacks color.

I love EA's new engine though. It's obviously rough around the edges and I feel like i'm playing a tech demo vs a basketball game but it's really kind of cool. The controls are much more responsive than Live and the game is just quicker and fun. I like how the coach pops up and tells you what you are doing and the tempo meter and all that stuff.

EA is obviously making strides in these games and in a retooling stage, but i like what i see. Defensive AI is very good nad you really have to move the ball and make things happen. All the clipping and morphing issues and fast break problems from live are gone. Animations are also much more responsive and fluid.

This game has serious potential to be the best basketball game this year.

Last edited by Walker8; 11-11-2008 at 01:33 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-11-2008, 06:05 PM   #232
Pro

bowld's Arena

is it just me or is it almost impossible to grab an offensive rebound in this gm?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > NCAA Basketball »