Home

NCAA Basetball 09 Demo Available, Impressions Here

This is a discussion on NCAA Basetball 09 Demo Available, Impressions Here within the NCAA Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > NCAA Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 11-09-2008, 07:21 PM   #217
MVP

OVR: 18
Re: NCAA Basetball 09 Demo Available, Impressions Here

So after playing this demo the first day, I wasn't impressed. Used to 2k I guess.

But after more time playing today, I'm actually starting to dig it.

My only major gripe so far.... Right handed shooters fading away shooting left handed - WTF!

How does this happen? Does the same thing happen in Live? Hopefully this can be patched.
Old 11-09-2008, 08:20 PM   #218
All Star

crques's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
I love knowing that I can have an inside/out attack with this game. I am looking forward to pounding the ball inside to Samuels and having him kick it out for the open trey to one of my shooters like Smith, McGee, Sosa, Delk, Scott. Oh man, hurry up November 18th, I anxiously await your arrival.
I agree with you. I love the feel of the inside/outside game on here. I've dumped it in the post and kicked it back out for the three quite a bit with Kentucky and it's really done well on here and the players seem to catch and shoot at a faster pace than they did on CH2K8. I've actually found myself getting excited a few times and raising my hands in the air (calling for the made 3) after I've let the shot go as if I'm accomplished something great! LOL The inside/out has a nice, realistic feel to it.
Old 11-10-2008, 09:49 AM   #219
Rookie

OVR: 3

I'm a 2k hoops guy so i need to get use to the demo a lil bit more but here's what i like/didnt like

Positives
----
-Graphics. Courts look amazing but arenas look a little dim outside the court area.

-Player models

-Student section animations when their hometeam is on the freethrow line or when the opposition is on the freethrow line. Great stuff.

-Tempo. I love it. I love the little pop up screen with the coach.

Negatives
-----

-Crowd does the "OOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH" chant when their hometeam is on OFFENSE! I'm a huge college hoops junkie and it is obvious that the homecrowd does that when the opposition has the ball. Must not be obvious to EA.

-Commentary is very bland. Dickie V sounds like a robot. There were periods where the game was so quiet and the commentators didnt say much. Also, Nessler says "UP AND IN" waaaaaayyyyyyy to much. Almost every eight seconds. It gets annoying.

-To score down low, all you have to do is post up, do a spin move, and take a jumper. Too easy.

-Ball physics. The ball is like a rock IMO. It's not fluid.

I'm on the fence with this game. I doubt EA will make any changes to the final product this week so hopefully they match some of these minor things.
Old 11-10-2008, 11:02 AM   #220
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

OVR: 65

Anyone ever remember how good NCAA College Basketball 2K3 was for Gamecube? Well that's the feeling I get when playing NCAA 09. I feel that they've captured the feel of the sport again the way that that game did, minus the better graphics.
Old 11-10-2008, 11:43 AM   #221
All Star

crques's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by USF_Guy
-To score down low, all you have to do is post up, do a spin move, and take a jumper. Too easy.

-Ball physics. The ball is like a rock IMO. It's not fluid.

I'm on the fence with this game. I doubt EA will make any changes to the final product this week so hopefully they match some of these minor things.
The 2 things you mentioned above are also concerns of mine but not really enough to deter me from the game. I have noticed that posting up and running over the defender gives me easy buckets in the paint or on the block. I can't tell if it's always the cpu trying to draw a charge or if I'm actually running them over.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-10-2008, 02:40 PM   #222
Banned

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by USF_Guy
I doubt EA will make any changes to the final product this week so hopefully they match some of these minor things.
Are you kidding?
Once a game is out as a demo, it's already gold and shipped.
There will be no changes to the game ... but remember, this is only a demo.
A demo can never match up to the full game.
Old 11-10-2008, 05:54 PM   #223
Rookie

OVR: 6

It's pretty decent. I liked the traps and presses and the spacing. I liked how the defense generally reacted and the open shots you could create with good ball movement. I generally liked the tempo, but it was silly when they kept mentioning tempo when I was playing UNC/MSU and both had the same preferred tempo.

The animations are bad. The jumpshots are really weird. Some of the animations aren't so bad, but it seems like some of the animations are almost too fast? I wasn't really liking the controls, but it's something I need to get used to. The post play wasn't so great. I never really got fouled.

Overall, it's a good game, but I doubt I'll buy it.
Old 11-10-2008, 08:54 PM   #224
Darkness!!!

DirtyJerz32's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomba
Anyone ever remember how good NCAA College Basketball 2K3 was for Gamecube? Well that's the feeling I get when playing NCAA 09. I feel that they've captured the feel of the sport again the way that that game did, minus the better graphics.
co-sign

Twitch: DirtyJerz32

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS
No longer shall you be referred to as DirtyJerz32, but simply BOSS -

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > NCAA Basketball »